IGNORED

Jeffers

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Former Arsenal and Charlton Athletic striker Francis Jeffers has admitted to Sky Sports News that he would love to return to Everton.

The out-of-contract striker begun his career at Goodison Park before a multi-million pound move to Arsenal in 2001 that started him out on a downwards spiral.

Spells at Charlton and Rangers, as well as another loan move back to Everton, failed to kickstart his career and he is now without a club after being released at The Valley.

Jeffers has been linked with Championship outfit Leeds United, but the 25-year-old has conceded he would love the chance to return to The Toffees again despite a previous row with David Moyes.

After being left on the bench for a game against Tottenham Hotspur in 2004 Jeffers fell out spectacularly with the Scottish boss, however he insists that he left on good terms and would love the chance to partner Toffees new-boy Andy Johnson.

"I had a well publicised fall-out with Moyes but that was just down to my sheer determination to get into that team and desire to get back playing for Everton," Jeffers told Sky Sports News.

"It's happening every day in football clubs, lads getting disappointed and saying things they shouldn't have and that's what happened with me.

"When I left Everton to go back to Arsenal me and David were on good terms.

"We shook hands and said maybe one day our paths could cross again.

"Who knows? I'd love to go back there, I've seen they've just signed Andy Johnson so who knows?"

Reflecting on his failed time at Charlton, Jeffers rued a change of tactics under Alan Curbishley that resulted in him starting just nine league games for The Addicks.

"I was looking forward to working under Curbs, and got off to a great start and scored two on my début," Jeffers added.

"Then the team just dipped a little bit, weren't playing well, so Curbs pulled me and said we were going to go 4-5-1 and I was going to be the one to pay for it as he felt I wasn't sorted to playing that lone striker which was difficult to take as I was wanting to get going."

Despite also failing to impress during his time at Highbury, Jeffers still had words of high praise for Gunners boss Arsene Wenger.

"Wenger's the best manager in The Premiership by a mile for me," said Jeffers.

"I haven't worked with that many, just the way he handles himself and players, he's definitely the best manager I've ever worked for."

-----------------------------

The big eared bastard say he would love to come to Everton (Because no-one else will fucking have him) and says that he would love to play along side new Boy Johnson? well......He got beattie in the way of him there! MOYES DONT GET HIM! PLZ! :P

maybe he is not media friendly,...maybe he just speaks his facinations..i am no fan of him either...but i believe even enemies deserve a chance when they realise their mistakes.So why not him?...would be a good backup or a squad player as i always wonder what happens when Aj and BT gets injured at the same time...do we have cover?

NO FUCKING WAY! has anyone got the feeling that The Big Eared Bastard is going to join Everton? Dunno why the fuck it is on the website? NO WAY! i got a bad feeling about this! I wont fucking Surpport him if he is wearing a blue Shirt! The big Eared Bastard Turned his back on us and fucked off, and told rooney it was best to leave Everton! I wont Piss on the Big Eared Bastard if he was on Fire!

NO WAY MOYES! <_< Please dont sign Him! <_<

Sounds like a desperate dead-end career boy trying to grab a contract from anywhere. Agent talk I tells thee!

What was that quote from press a couple of years ago when he advised Shrek to leave as the club has no ambition? Someone please dig it out, wasn't the nicest thing a 'blue' ever said about Everton.

Cheeky little tw@!

Sign him on a 10 year pay-per-game contract and don't play him.

Please!!!

Sounds like a desperate dead-end career boy trying to grab a contract from anywhere.  Agent talk I tells thee!

What was that quote from press a couple of years ago when he advised Shrek to leave as the club has no ambition?  Someone please dig it out, wasn't the nicest thing a 'blue' ever said about Everton.

Cheeky little tw@!

Sign him on a 10 year pay-per-game contract and don't play him. 

Please!!!

I would just rather not sign the big eared bastard! I hate him!