IGNORED

Gudjonsen

I really dont swallow the "Gudjonsen's getting old", statement. Thats because pace is never his forte, has never been. How old is he now? 28? Clearly a team can get a good 4 years of top class footie out of him, unless injuries take its toll.

He in one of the two Chelsea players i'd love to have in my side. (the other one's SWP btw) Sexy player, worth every penny of the 6 million tranfer fee as the rumour suggests. But i'd be surprised if chelsea get anwhere near 6 mil for him. Big clubs normally get paid undervalue for their players and Jose has already said that the fellas on his way, so that should drop his value a bit lower. 4 million sounds about right.

Barcelona are reportedly preparing an €11.5 million (£7.93 million) bid for Chelsea forward Eidur Gudjohnsen after talks with Diego Forlan's representatives stalled.

The Catalan giants are keen to bring in a replacement for Henrik Larsson and have turned their attentions to the Iceland international.

According to El Mundo Deportivo, Barca have agreed on an amount to offer Chelsea after The Blues signalled that Gudjohnsen could leave for the right price.

Barcelona are said to be well aware of the interest from Manchester United but they are hoping that the Camp Nou club have an Ace up their sleeves.

Jorge Mendes is Deco, Rafa Marquez and Thiago Motta's agent, but, more importantly, he is also Jose Mourinho's representative and has a good relationship with Chelsea's Peter Kenyon.

Barca are hoping Mendes' relationship with the Blues executive will be the key to them securing the services of Gudjohnsen. Frank Rijkaard has told the board that he thinks the former Bolton Wanderers star is the perfect substitute for Larsson, who has returned to his native Sweden this season.

Barca were initially keen on signing Forlan from Villarreal, but talks between the two clubs and the player's agent, Daniel Bolotnicoff, have proved to be difficult with neither side willing to budge.

Villarreal want €15 million (£10.34 million) for the former Manchester United forward, but Barca are hoping to reduce that sum by offering players in exchange, with Javier Saviola and Maxi Lopez included in any deal.

Gudjohnson and his Dad have both said he wants to win titles in another country and he would prefer to be playing for Barca as they fit HIS criteria!! Thought that statement was a bit cheeky, but i would love to see him here, we may aswell face facts tho lads he ain't gonna be playing at Goodison next year :(

Chelsea forward Eidur Gudjohnsen is reportedly close to joining Barcelona with only a transfer fee required to seal the deal.

The Iceland international has concurred on a three-year deal with the Catalan giants with the option of a fourth season.

Barca are believed to have offered The Blues around €10 million (£6.8 million), although Chelsea want nearer €15 million (£10 million) for the former Bolton man.

The Spanish champions look to have beaten off competition from Real Madrid, Manchester United, Arsenal and Middlesbrough for Gudjohnsen's services.

Barca also have an eye on another player in the shape of England international Frank Lampard and are believed to have made an enquiry.

However, Chelsea are likely to have swiftly rejected the move, even with Deco possibly on offer in exchange.

GUDJOHNSEN SET FOR BARCA TALKS

Chelsea have confirmed they have given permission for striker Eidur Gudjohnsen to travel to Spain to discuss a move to Barcelona.

The Spaniards are expected to complete the £8million signing of Gudjohnsen from Chelsea in the next 48 hours.

Iceland international Gudjohnsen will be offered a three-year contract at the Nou Camp subject to agreeing personal terms and passing a medical.

Gudjohnsen has been at Chelsea for six years but coach Jose Mourinho admitted that the club would listen to offers after he failed to figure regularly in the Blues' first team last season.

His arrival will end Barca's search for a replacement for Swedish striker Henrik Larsson, who will turn out for former club Helsingborg next season.

A statement from Chelsea confirmed: "Chelsea have given permission for Eidur Gudjohnsen to travel to Spain for talks with Barcelona.

"An agreement between all parties is still pending."

Gudjohnsen's expected departure could be followed by Portuguese defender Ricardo Carvalho, with Real Madrid a possible destination.

Carvalho will be a target, along with several other Chelsea players, depending on the outcome of the presidential elections in the capital.

Presidential candidates Ramon Calderon and Juan Palacios have both insisted they would like the Portugal international if elected, with possible sporting director Jose Antonio Camacho adding: "If we won the elections I predict we would speak to Chelsea for several players.

"It is clear the central defender (Carvalho) is of interest to us."

Meanwhile, Barcelona midfielder Deco has told former boss Mourinho that he has no plans to link-up with him again at Chelsea.

The Portugal playmaker has been consistently linked with a move to the Barclays Premiership champions in a swap deal that would see Chelsea's England midfielder Frank Lampard going in the other direction.

However, Deco, who played under Mourinho at Porto, insists he has everything he wants in Spain and has no desire to give it all up for London.

Deco told Portuguese radio station Rac 1: "Why would I want to leave? I am happy at my club and in the city, people love me and I have just won a Champions League and a Primera Liga title.

"I already had the opportunity to sign for Chelsea before and I didn't do it, it would make no sense to do it now. As long as my club wants me, I will continue at Barca."

GUDJOHNSEN SET FOR BARCA TALKS

Chelsea have confirmed they have given permission for striker Eidur Gudjohnsen to travel to Spain to discuss a move to Barcelona.

The Spaniards are expected to complete the £8million signing of Gudjohnsen from Chelsea in the next 48 hours.

Iceland international Gudjohnsen will be offered a three-year contract at the Nou Camp subject to agreeing personal terms and passing a medical.

Gudjohnsen has been at Chelsea for six years but coach Jose Mourinho admitted that the club would listen to offers after he failed to figure regularly in the Blues' first team last season.

His arrival will end Barca's search for a replacement for Swedish striker Henrik Larsson, who will turn out for former club Helsingborg next season.

A statement from Chelsea confirmed: "Chelsea have given permission for Eidur Gudjohnsen to travel to Spain for talks with Barcelona.

"An agreement between all parties is still pending."

Gudjohnsen's expected departure could be followed by Portuguese defender Ricardo Carvalho, with Real Madrid a possible destination.

Carvalho will be a target, along with several other Chelsea players, depending on the outcome of the presidential elections in the capital.

Presidential candidates Ramon Calderon and Juan Palacios have both insisted they would like the Portugal international if elected, with possible sporting director Jose Antonio Camacho adding: "If we won the elections I predict we would speak to Chelsea for several players.

"It is clear the central defender (Carvalho) is of interest to us."

Meanwhile, Barcelona midfielder Deco has told former boss Mourinho that he has no plans to link-up with him again at Chelsea.

The Portugal playmaker has been consistently linked with a move to the Barclays Premiership champions in a swap deal that would see Chelsea's England midfielder Frank Lampard going in the other direction.

However, Deco, who played under Mourinho at Porto, insists he has everything he wants in Spain and has no desire to give it all up for London.

Deco told Portuguese radio station Rac 1: "Why would I want to leave? I am happy at my club and in the city, people love me and I have just won a Champions League and a Primera Liga title.

"I already had the opportunity to sign for Chelsea before and I didn't do it, it would make no sense to do it now. As long as my club wants me, I will continue at Barca."

;) looks like he will sign for barca,hes just past medical and agreed terms :rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

Guest fozzie22
it says : -

Im not one to make things up, i have it on good authority that , gudjohnsen will be an Everton player by next weekend, initaly on loan then 6 millioon next year, personally i dont think hes what we need, just passing along info.

26419[/snapback]

Really shows what utter bollocks the person who posted this on kipper was talking...