IGNORED

Who Will Get 4th!

After consultation with the powers that be the decision is to leave it here...if we win our next four or five then maybe we'll reconsider :) .

If we win our last eight games and nick it I'll be as pissed off as when I considered having a bet on Jenson Button to be world champ last year when he was without a team and at about 250-1 :( .

it's either possible or it's not surely?? hmmm...i don't understand all this admin stuff :blink:

nay matter...its likely we wont get it even if we win all our next 7 games we would just decide not to beat pompey to annoy the fans...

After consultation with the powers that be the decision is to leave it here...if we win our next four or five then maybe we'll reconsider :) .

If we win our last eight games and nick it I'll be as pissed off as when I considered having a bet on Jenson Button to be world champ last year when he was without a team and at about 250-1 :( .

grrrr...... :P

Liverpool will put in twenty diferent protests if they don't get 4th,such as it was the refs fault, Gillette and Hicks fault, Rafa has been dealt unfairly fault and even Gerrard suffered a loss of form while he sweated on the outcome of a) clearly elbowing a player in the head and B) clearly putting two fingers up to the ref. They will have a large petition going in the Echo, demanding their right to be a part of the 'Sky 4', march from the City Centre to anfield complete with their effigy of the'Rafatolla' (I kid you not), placards and badges proclaiming 'Justice for US for 4th' whilst chanting Scandinavian/ Norse mythology songs in Oirish accents. The FA will uphold all of their appeals and promote Liverpool to 4th, no matter where they finish, deduct Everton, Spurs, Villa and Man City 40 points each then automatically relegate them so that they can have their cherished 4th spot guaranteed for the near future. Bitter, me.....never.

P.S.City to pip Spurs by a point for 4th :D

If I'm right don't the Europa league winners enter the qualifying round of the champions league...... So we can all see what's going to happen there... No complaints from Liverpool I bet doh!

No....they get direct entry into the next year's Europa at the group stage.

Yeah hence Shaktar..

Im sorry for appealing against this topic in the everton section. I hope my apologies are accepted by the minority who believe it should still be in the everton section!

Mind you it was a general football question, wasnt directly an everton subject, so it swings both ways i suppose.

Great win last night, boosted our top 7 credentials, still think top 4 is a bridge too far even for the massive effort the blues have put in injury plagued this season, still i would love to be proed wrong, im going to stand by my prediction of spurs grabbing 4th though

Tens predictions :)

4th - Spurs

5th - City

6th - Everton

7th - Liverpoo

8th - Villa

I will admit, they werent my season predictions at the beginning but now i think some of our momentum will carry us over.

I think Spurs have got that 4th spot imo, theirs to lose.

Villa have been lucky, very lucky in recent weeks to pick up points, they're playing shite and still getting scores on the doors.

I hope and feel, we could just knick a spot on Liverpoo but their superior goal difference is the biggest stumbling block.

City will just be City and get points where it matters, with a game in hand aswel, i think they're a step too far...

Just had at go at the BBC EPL predictor and without checking until i had entered all the results we come 6th behind Villa in 5ht on goal difference and Spurs 3 points ahead. Liverpool are 8th behind Citeh. If we stuffed Portsmouth 7-0 on the last game of the season we would have 5th if im right (like ive been saying since the start of the season :) )!

anyway, its quite interesting. update them honestly and dont hit the update button until youve finished. Gives you a better idea of the teams we have to play compared to those teams above us. Maybe then this thread will be moved back into its rightful place....

was looking around google news for everything everton related, and I came across an interesting article about tim howard's thoughts on us finishing fourth this season.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Tim-Howard-Everton-can-shock-Spurs-Manchester-City-and-Liverpool-to-steal-fourth-place-article367825.html

after reading it, I got to thinking about our chances of finishing fourth, and although it's a long shot, I definitely don't think it's impossible.

I also found a good page (link below) with analysis of all the clubs that can potentially finish fourth from this point on (in order of current placing: tottenham, man city, liverpool, aston villa, and us) and it only made me think that finishing fourth for us is much less impossible than I thought.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00701/TopFour_701549a.pdf

in terms of form, we're in the best run of it in the five teams. in terms of scheduling, we have the easiest schedule. tottenham definitely have the worst, having to face arsenal, chelsea, man utd and man city in their last 8 games. man city has the second toughest, with man utd, arsenal, aston villa and tottenham all in succession. villa come in third, having to face chelsea, us, and man city. liverpool have the easiest, besides us, with the only team above them that they have to face is chelsea, although they do have to play sunderland, fullham and birmingham.

so with so many of the others playing against eachother in these last couple of games, I think we can capitalize on the dogfight between all the other sides, especially looking at our schedule. i honestly believe we can win every one of our remaining games, and like howard says in the article, if we want to be considered among the best and be truly a top 4 side, then we need to do something special like win out our remaining games.

thoughts?

Edited by American Evertonian

we have always beaten fulham at home and should beat 2 of the bottom 4 at home...there are no easy games as bill says but if we dont do that we dont deserve anythin let alone 4th spot...blackburn tough team to play at ewood and not many teams fancy there chances there..and obviously villa would be huge if we could win but i think i would accept a draw if given

2 or 3 more games in the season id say we had a great chance..we still do have a chance but its a huge ask but who knows wouldnt be any less than we deserve the way we have played since christmas

Edited by marcopaulo

• 3 weeks later...