IGNORED

Gianfranco Zola

Looks to me like Zola could be going after this weeks game against Stoke. I thinnk it's sickening some of the things the board have done to him.

Recently Sullivan posted on teh club's website and article calling West Ham 'shambolic', an article that was also emailed to many supporters. (Could you imagine Kenwright or Elstone, doing something like that!?) LINK

Apparently, Zola had to ban him from a team meeting, trying to stick his nose in too far in my opinion. LINK

]

It's obvious they don't want him there. You can see Zola's not enjoying it there now with the new owners. For me it's not a question if if but when he's gonna be given the boot/walk out/leave under mutual consent. A quick search gives odds of 6/5 that he's gonna be sacked.

_________

As an aside, although this is a purely made-up story, here's an article which goes someway to paint a picture as to what's happening there LINK

I thought he'd be gone after the hammering by Wolves but I think if they lose to Stoke then he'll definitely be gone.

I feel sorry for him because he seems like a good man but that club is a mess and the new owners (mostly Sullivan), rather than make things better, have made things worse because they won't shut the fuck up and let Zola get on with it.

Quite simply, he deserves better. West Ham's owners really have lost the plot with the stuff they've been saying about him; I hope if he does leave he gets to go somewhere where he is treated with more respect, because I believe he's got a bright management career ahead of him.

Under-fire manager Gianfranco Zola has promised to roll his sleeves up and lead West Ham away from the threat of relegation from the Premier League (6/5 West Ham – To Be Relegated).

The Italian flew to Sardinia at the weekend to consider his future in response to Saturday’s potentially-disastrous 1-0 defeat by Stoke – West Ham’s sixth straight loss – and admitted he was considering “if the problem is me”.

West Ham are locked on 27 points with Hull (4/5 Hull – To Be Relegated) but are only out of the relegation places on goal difference.

Now, Zola has nailed his flag to the mast and insists he will not walk away from Upton Park until his job is done.

He said: “I am determined to carry on.”

The former Italy striker added: “Losing on Saturday was emotional for everyone but I know we can turn it around and we have the ability to achieve our objectives.”

Premier League relegation - betting blog

Fair play he seems like a decent bloke but has been let down by poor management from the top, both past and present.

Any more crap from Sullivan and he should walk though, he is better than that!

I think that it's already getting too late for West Ham. With the poor pressure that they are putting on Zola they are only going to put themselves in more trouble. His time is definatly up and it's not really his fault, I hope he moves on and has a great managerial career :)

If Everton beat them on Saturday then I think he'll go.

• 4 weeks later...