IGNORED

Yobo, Neville, Hibbert, Distin, Jagielka.. Out!

I would definately risk losing 2 squad players if it meant our starting back four was improved.

Wehave duffy, rodwell, heitinga, coleman, who could fill in if it were needed we dont neeed that many options in defence as if people stayed fit it wouldn't change all season

1st Bold: Yeah respect that and agree

2nd Bold: Did you see us at the start of the season!? It won't happen, people will get injured...idont remember the last time we had a fully fit squad to choose from for more than one week? In an ideal world dude, we would all like top quality player but...and its a big but....we ARE SKINT.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say it like they got injured on purpose. There are no guarantees with injuries, we have to have cover.

Im saying we should have a quality back 4 because it wont be changed around much if people stay fit instead of lots of average players

Im saying we should have a quality back 4 because it wont be changed around much if people stay fit instead of lots of average players

And I'm saying people might not stay fit, so we have to have plans in place for if we do get injuries, i.e. a squad.

And I'm saying people might not stay fit, so we have to have plans in place for if we do get injuries, i.e. a squad.

Last year was an exceptional season for injuries, we're not gonna have that many again unless very unlucky, and i'd still much rather play duffy and coleman instead of yobo/distin and neville/hibbert.

Like u said we nee money we have to sell!!

But you're talking about selling our best defender, which makes me think you're a bit of a clown. Yes, Jags does hoof it a bit much, and yes it does piss me off, but he's a cracking defender and I love watching him defend. As long as he has a ball player next time (Heitinga) then there's no problem.

You can't disrupt the defence that much all in one go, that would have a detrimental impact on the side as a whole. Get rid of one this summer (Yobo or Distin). Neville won't be sold, he'll stay here til he retires, and no one in their right mind would come in for Hibbert.

This thread has certainly made me chuckle...

Seeing as you clearly know who you want to get rid of do you have a plan for the players you want to replace Neville, Hibbert, Distin and Yobo for about the £15 mil you could probably sell them for?

Sol Campbell is on a free I guess... In fact fuck it lets just use Stubbsy as back up incase one of our selfish players decides to go and get himself injured again!

Last year was an exceptional season for injuries, we're not gonna have that many again unless very unlucky, and i'd still much rather play duffy and coleman instead of yobo/distin and neville/hibbert.

Like u said we nee money we have to sell!!

thought it was quite shit myself :lol:

honestly though we don't have the money and rodwell is not a cb..coleman will be great at rb next year if he gets his chance..as for distin yobo heitinga and jags i personally am happy with any of those 4 playing..if we get rid of 5 players bring in 2 or 3 or whatever it is you want and 2 of those get injured what do we do then genius?

But you're talking about selling our best defender, which makes me think you're a bit of a clown. Yes, Jags does hoof it a bit much, and yes it does piss me off, but he's a cracking defender and I love watching him defend. As long as he has a ball player next time (Heitinga) then there's no problem.

You can't disrupt the defence that much all in one go, that would have a detrimental impact on the side as a whole. Get rid of one this summer (Yobo or Distin). Neville won't be sold, he'll stay here til he retires, and no one in their right mind would come in for Hibbert.

I'm not saying what will happen i'm putting forward a point of view. ie. what i would like to see happen. I'm well awarte that we're stuck with neville hibbert etc but we should try and sell them along with yobo and distin, buy quality, and use the rest of the squad. Our first choice back 4 should be priority.

I think jags is replaceable with the money we would get for him with money to spare, someone like shawcross of stoke maybe, and his form has been nothing short of shocking since he came back!

I'm not saying what will happen i'm putting forward a point of view. ie. what i would like to see happen. I'm well awarte that we're stuck with neville hibbert etc but we should try and sell them along with yobo and distin, buy quality, and use the rest of the squad. Our first choice back 4 should be priority.

I think jags is replaceable with the money we would get for him with money to spare, someone like shawcross of stoke maybe, and his form has been nothing short of shocking since he came back!

give him a chance for crying out loud, he was out for how long? we were defending that badly he's been thrown in at the deepend with new and often changing partners at the back. judge him next season after a pre-season and time to gel with a long-term partner ...hopefully JH

What you would like to happen simply won't, so accept that before you give yourself a complex.

If you're aware that we're stuck with Hibbert and Neville there's no point trying to sell them because no one will bloody want them! Yobo and Distin I agree with, but only one of them should go and it looks like it'll be Yobo. Our first choice back 4 of Coleman Jags Heitinga Baines would be a top quality defence, are you blind?

Yes Jags' form has been a bit suspect since he's come back but I think he deserves a bit of a leeway seeing as he had such a serious injury and missed a large amount of football and then was thrown straight back in. You're dreaming if you think we'd be able to sell Jags and then get Shawcross in with change to spare, Shawcross would cost upwards of £10million!

give him a chance for crying out loud, he was out for how long? we were defending that badly he's been thrown in at the deepend with new and often changing partners at the back. judge him next season after a pre-season and time to gel with a long-term partner ...hopefully JH

Here here...Heitinga and Jags partnership is getting me excited already. More so than Mark in a mankini ;)

ame='kennyw10' date='03 May 2010 - 13:23' timestamp='1272889411' post='208350']

What you would like to happen simply won't, so accept that before you give yourself a complex.

If you're aware that we're stuck with Hibbert and Neville there's no point trying to sell them because no one will bloody want them! Yobo and Distin I agree with, but only one of them should go and it looks like it'll be Yobo. Our first choice back 4 of Coleman Jags Heitinga Baines would be a top quality defence, are you blind?

Yes Jags' form has been a bit suspect since he's come back but I think he deserves a bit of a leeway seeing as he had such a serious injury and missed a large amount of football and then was thrown straight back in. You're dreaming if you think we'd be able to sell Jags and then get Shawcross in with change to spare, Shawcross would cost upwards of £10million!

If that is our back four next year and evryone stays fit,what does moyes do with yobo,distin,neville,and hibbert put 4 defenders on the bench? They should be offfloaded and replaced with 2 quality players. onuoha off city would be good cover all across the back 4

If that is our back four next year and evryone stays fit,what does moyes do with yobo,distin,neville,and hibbert put 4 defenders on the bench? They should be offfloaded and replaced with 2 quality players. onuoha off city would be good cover all across the back 4

It may have escaped your attention but we play with 2 CB's yes, so we need 2 CB's as cover (Distin and Yobo, or the replacement we bring in if we get rid of one of them). Hibbert would be our cover at RB and Neville would be our cover DM.

Get this into your head and you'll be fine; it's a squad game.

Onouha would be good cover all across the back 4 but he can't play 2 positions at once, so if we had more than one injury in our back line we'd be fucked. We have to cover for numerous eventualities, even if they never happen.

Edited by Romey 1878

neville is club captain and a good leader and person you want in the dressing room at the ver least

hibbert is everton through and through and a quality back-up option. you wouldn't get much for him sofor the sake of the squad might as well keep him.

distin is the only left footed centre half at the club and can provide cover at left back.

yobo is probably first choice replacement that provides pace which may be useful against certain opponents.

that said, yobo is the only one of those that you could get decent money for, so i'd accept that he may be expendable, but it would need to be reinvested.

coleman is just learning, he needs older heads around him still though.

so basically, yobo is the only person i would consider selling, but i'd want another defender in if we did still. steven taylor or ned would do nicely to play right back or centre half.

It may have escaped your attention but we play with 2 CB's yes, so we need 2 CB's as cover (Distin and Yobo, or the replacement we bring in if we get rid of one of them). Hibbert would be our cover at RB and Neville would be our cover DM.

Get this into your head and you'll be fine; it's a squad game.

Onouha would be good cover all across the back 4 but he can't play 2 positions at once, so if we had more than one injury in our back line we'd be fucked. We have to cover for numerous eventualities, even if they never happen.

Like i said previously its a risk i'd be willing to take cosidering we have duffy heitinga rodwell etc. that could cover different positions if needed, your obviously happy with the quality we have at the moment, i'm not. I think if we improved our defence and added a winger we have the makings of a great side, but we're not goin to win anything or qualify for champions league playing percentage football.

neville is club captain and a good leader and person you want in the dressing room at the ver least

hibbert is everton through and through and a quality back-up option. you wouldn't get much for him sofor the sake of the squad might as well keep him.

distin is the only left footed centre half at the club and can provide cover at left back.

yobo is probably first choice replacement that provides pace which may be useful against certain opponents.

that said, yobo is the only one of those that you could get decent money for, so i'd accept that he may be expendable, but it would need to be reinvested.

coleman is just learning, he needs older heads around him still though.

so basically, yobo is the only person i would consider selling, but i'd want another defender in if we did still. steven taylor or ned would do nicely to play right back or centre half.

Neville could do the same job from the line and hibbert will play next year instead of coleman if we keep him for the sake of it

We're not going to win anything or qualify for the Champions League without a squad either!

You don't want to rely on Duffy having to come in if one of our senior players gets injured, that's insane. He needs to go out on loan to get experience. When we've had to play youngsters due to injuries it hasn't gone well for us, look at the start of last season! And I would never want Rodwell in defence after watching him in pre-season.

We have high quality in our starting 11 at the moment (other than the right wing), if you can't see that then there's something wrong with you. Where we suffer is with our squad, and you want to make that squad smaller. Madness.