IGNORED

Yobo, Neville, Hibbert, Distin, Jagielka.. Out!

I have conceded that neville wont be goin anywhere and jagielka deserves a chance to return to form. I suggested jagielka because we could demand 15 mil plus for him and an my opinion he is replaceable and we would prob have cash to spare to strenghten elsewhere.

Who are we going to play at cb if we sell jags - it'd cost that £15m + to replace him - especially if you're wanting shawcross as stated?

You don't streghten another area of the starting xi at the expense of weakening that same xi - it's counter productive!

Moyes will get his money from the sale of fringe players who can command a decent fee e.g. mcfadden, beattie, johnson or people who don't want to play for the club e.g. lescock!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive tried to be resonable and you're not having any of it....so Fuck you.

Ive tried to tell you the reasons why people would be responding in the way that they do.

Oh and like others have pointed out, your maths is wank. Originaly it was 5 (Yobo, Neville, Hibbert, Distin, Jagielka) so dont try justifying your shit 'ideology' on me with arguments that continualy change...If it was a case of 3 average out and 2 good ones in whilst not spending any money in the process, then id suck your dick and take it, you homophobic nob.

I'm not even gonna be drawn to this thread anymore, you're being 'silly' (as you say it, you child) so you just wovell around in here and hope that the odd, ex-asylum resident agrees with you.

Good day :)

Calm down you tit. Your total contribution amounted to 'your stupid' anyway, so i dont think you'll be missed.

Calm down you tit. Your total contribution amounted to 'your stupid' anyway, so i dont think you'll be missed.

fuck off mate he is a far better poster than you and you have done nowt but spout shite over and over and cant even keep to the same argument! i'm out too now it's pointless

Edited by marcopaulo

i reckon we sell Pienaar cos teams will want him, and i reckon we sell arteta cos ive hardly seen him play this season, get 10 mil all together for them, get scharner on a free, and use that spare 10 mil to buy dave kitson

Nice one Craig. Continuing the sublime to the ridiculous posting on this thread. While we're at it, why don't we sell Rodwell to Man Utd for silly money too, get rid of Cahill before he gets to old to sell and also Fellaini while people still think he is a good prospect. We can then scour the dregs for the biggest load of free shite we can get hold of, and perhaps pay over the odds for a flash in the pan or a long in the tooth journey man. God I miss the 90's.

Nice one Craig. Continuing the sublime to the ridiculous posting on this thread. While we're at it, why don't we sell Rodwell to Man Utd for silly money too, get rid of Cahill before he gets to old to sell and also Fellaini while people still think he is a good prospect. We can then scour the dregs for the biggest load of free shite we can get hold of, and perhaps pay over the odds for a flash in the pan or a long in the tooth journey man. God I miss the 90's.

oi! thats my avatar!

kenny you mentioned pienaar, arteta and rodwell. out of those 3, if we had to...rodwell. he's the only player who we would get a good wedge that isn't vital to the first team. do i want to though? definitely not. but rodwell vs hibbert, yobo, distin, jags...i'd sell rodwell over selling almost our entire defence. you're argument of replacing bench players with 'quality' sure suggests that you would sell rodwell? big money and we could buy some quality players with that money for a player who isn't first team standard? surely all of the players you've mentioned selling are more important than rodwell as a collective bunch because of their first team appearances? why not sell rodwell? remember the last megatalent we sold? how did that turn out for the club? im moving a bit away from what i wanted to say, but essentially if you want to sell to buy, selling 4 or 5 players to buy 1 or 2 in a place weve struggled with injury doesn't make sense, you accuse me of being sentimental but in suggesting that you'd hate to suggest the sale of rodwell, is that not sentimental to a point? for all the talent and promise he has, he's not showed enough to be a week-in-week-out player yet so why is he protected?

note: im not saying or supporting the sale of rodwell, just trying to make a point.

edit: spidey this would make a fine avatar http://gadgetscrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/itsy-bitsy-spider-man.JPG

Edited by CraccerC

It seems if your not in the flirting 'click' then your views are dismissed as nonsense. I can assure it is not a wind up just a genuine belief that we should strive for excellence and not just be happy with what we've got because they're good pros or everton through and through or whatever.

To me its our defence now that really needs most attention and if we get that sorted and add a striker and possibly a winger we could do great things. All i can say is i hope the man who matters(moyes) has more ambition than some of the supporters on here!

this second half of the season we have conceded 17 goals in 17 premier league games. One of the main reasons that we didn't do well the first half is because we had to replace our 2 centre backs..

so i don't think selling almost the entire defence would be a good idea

this second half of the season we have conceded 17 goals in 17 premier league games.

Interesting stat...although I make it only fifteen conceded. One every 1.133 games.

Only ManU and Chelsea have better defensive stats (taken over the whole season).

Should have put that second post Churinga...blows the whole argument out of the water surely?

kenny you mentioned pienaar, arteta and rodwell. out of those 3, if we had to...rodwell. he's the only player who we would get a good wedge that isn't vital to the first team. do i want to though? definitely not. but rodwell vs hibbert, yobo, distin, jags...i'd sell rodwell over selling almost our entire defence. you're argument of replacing bench players with 'quality' sure suggests that you would sell rodwell? big money and we could buy some quality players with that money for a player who isn't first team standard? surely all of the players you've mentioned selling are more important than rodwell as a collective bunch because of their first team appearances? why not sell rodwell? remember the last megatalent we sold? how did that turn out for the club? im moving a bit away from what i wanted to say, but essentially if you want to sell to buy, selling 4 or 5 players to buy 1 or 2 in a place weve struggled with injury doesn't make sense, you accuse me of being sentimental but in suggesting that you'd hate to suggest the sale of rodwell, is that not sentimental to a point? for all the talent and promise he has, he's not showed enough to be a week-in-week-out player yet so why is he protected?

note: im not saying or supporting the sale of rodwell, just trying to make a point.

edit: spidey this would make a fine avatar http://gadgetscrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/itsy-bitsy-spider-man.JPG

Why not sell rodwell?

You said he's not done enough to be in the team, yet i think we could both agree he has massive potential. He wont, and should not be sold because he will be worth double whatever he's worth now in a couple of years if he develops as expected. ie. england caps etc. If we could have held on to rooney for another year or two we could have demanded a lot more than we got. Arteta and pienaar are our best players and in their prime so wouldn'y make any sense to sell them.

So you've agreed we would prob have to sell to buy yet the only player you could 'suggest' we could sell is rodwell, and you made sure that everyone knew that you weren't 'saying or supporting ' this in case any of the lads took it the wrong way.

If no one can even suggest another player that we could sell to improve the team, then it looks like most people are just happy the way things are, I would just like us to show some real ambition in the transfer market, this year especially, as next year may be our last chance to compete with the likes of spurs and city for quite a while, espeially if spurs qualfy for champions league this year.

Look at the number of players spurs turn over, and it doesn't seem to be doing their squad any harm, even if it meant shipping their captain off to celtic. Ambition and ruthlessness go hand in hand.

Why not sell rodwell?

You said he's not done enough to be in the team, yet i think we could both agree he has massive potential. He wont, and should not be sold because he will be worth double whatever he's worth now in a couple of years if he develops as expected. ie. england caps etc. If we could have held on to rooney for another year or two we could have demanded a lot more than we got. Arteta and pienaar are our best players and in their prime so wouldn'y make any sense to sell them.

So you've agreed we would prob have to sell to buy yet the only player you could 'suggest' we could sell is rodwell, and you made sure that everyone knew that you weren't 'saying or supporting ' this in case any of the lads took it the wrong way.

If no one can even suggest another player that we could sell to improve the team, then it looks like most people are just happy the way things are, I would just like us to show some real ambition in the transfer market, this year especially, as next year may be our last chance to compete with the likes of spurs and city for quite a while, espeially if spurs qualfy for champions league this year.

Look at the number of players spurs turn over, and it doesn't seem to be doing their squad any harm, even if it meant shipping their captain off to celtic. Ambition and ruthlessness go hand in hand.

you have a short memory, they werent't doign so well season or 2 ago. infact they were 5th ahead of us before they really started messing around.

i am fairly happy with what we have, we are one or 2 players away really from genuinely challenging the top 4 i think, but we can't afford them.

it's all ifs and buts, IF rodwell improves like we think he might. fact of the matter is, your naming players whove been heavily involved in the first team but you'll sell them over someone who's been involved to a lesser degree. rodwell may never get capped, you don't know for sure.

if i could get the money back for distin i'd consider it but the only person i think we can sell is yobo because he's the only one we could get a decent wedge for that's a bench player where we have another good bench player in distin. other than that though, i dont want anyone to leave

you have a short memory, they werent't doign so well season or 2 ago. infact they were 5th ahead of us before they really started messing around.

i am fairly happy with what we have, we are one or 2 players away really from genuinely challenging the top 4 i think, but we can't afford them.

edit: title.

We should be in the top 4 mix next year with this squad.

edit: title.

We should be in the top 4 mix next year with this squad.

depends on the progress of spurs and city in the transfer market. our current squad is capable of better but there are still a few weaknesses ...right wing, right back...the team doesnt have balance

So you agree we should sell yobo and distin if duffy is ready for a few games and we could still keep senderos on a free who would be an experienced replacement for either.

Hibbert is shite and should also be offloaded for whatever we can get and not just kept for sentimental value, and neville is only there because his head is half way up moyes' arse most of the time, he's a good leader but as i said he could to that from the line or preferibly the stand. Unfortunately he is goin nowhere though, it would prob take till christmas to get his head out anyway.

If we couldn't get shawcross then getting another young center half and onouha would make good business sense as yobo,hibbert and distin will be worth nothing in two years time and we should get whatever we can for them now. Everyone seems to be shooting down this idea of selling by saying we're broke we cant afford to do anything. We need to sell, we cant afford to have ageing squad players on big money. We need to get rid and bring in new blood.

What Im saying is that if Moyes thinks Duffy is good enough for a few games if we get desperate (which I think he may be) then we could get rid of Yobo for say 6-8mil and then get in someone like Onouha (3-4mil as quoted earlier although I would expect him to cost more) meaning we will have Distin, Jags, Heitinga as main choice CB's with Onouha as full defensive cover and then Duffy in case we get short, of to give players a break in cup games etc.

I personally wouldnt get rid of Distin. He is very experienced, fairly solid (especially later in the season) and we probably wouldnt get too much for him. I also dont think I would bring in Senderos purely because I dont really rate him and his wages will be pretty big, which I think would be a waste.

I also wouldnt get rid of Hibbert. IMO he is more than good enough to play as a back up RB to Neville/Coleman and he wont complain and he will give everything every game he plays and I honestly dont think you will get better for the money.

Shawcross is decent but as I have said before I dont think he will really improve the side, and for the money in terms of wages and transfer fee It seems a bit much and IMO he isnt a patch on Jags. I admit Jags hasnt been particularly assured upon his return this season, however I have yet to see any player defend against Torres half as well as he did last year and I am sure he will flourish alongside Heitinga next year.

No way is Yobo worth 6million plus, we would be lucky to get 4mil for him now. TBH I don't think wholesale changes are needed. Distin and Johnny with Fellaini just in front is a solid looking back line. We need a bit of pace in the side and ideally a winger but barring another injury crisis (and with no Europa League to make wear out the players) we should be able to mount a challenge for 4th