IGNORED

No More Money

More debt and nothing to show for it, fantastic work from the board.

Not strictly true because we now have Arteta, Cahill, Baines, Coleman and Rodwell all tied to long term deals

and weve been able to offer Piennar a decent contract.

Weve also brought in Beckford, Gueye and Mucha which isnt really bad for £14M

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More debt and nothing to show for it, fantastic work from the board.

Nothing to show to the public but an old mortgage was paid off (taken when interest rates were higher), so although we have a much larger balance I doubt the "cost" of the loan is any more than what we previously had. To me, this is typical media style of making a story when there is no story.

Kenwright insists there is some cash for manager David Moyes to spend prior to next week’s transfer deadline but he doesn’t expect any new arrivals.

“There’s always money available, but it’s not much I have to say,” he added.

“We’ve made a few transfers and if the manager found someone he really wanted we could maybe do a bit of wheeler dealing. But I don’t think that’s top of his list at the moment. He’s really pleased with the squad that he’s got.”

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2010/08/26/show-me-the-money-demands-bill-kenwright-but-potential-buyers-are-just-time-wasters-everton-fc-latest-92534-27140365/

Love.. "Tim jumped over Sydney Harbour Bridge when he signed his contract." :D

Thats taking hours to download so i haven't seen the "Official" figures, but from the article i posted we should have some money. ....

"“Merit payments” are rewarded according to where each team finished in the League. Portsmouth’s 20th-place finish earned a merit payment of £800,424, Hull’s 19th place earned them twice that sum, Burnley’s 18th place earned them three times £800,424, and so on to the top, where Chelsea’s merit cash was £16,008,480.

The enormous guaranteed sums on offer for membership of the League show why there really should be no need for a well-run club to be facing financial hardship. Central funds are the largest single source of income for most clubs but all clubs also earn millions from ticket sales, sponsorship deals, merchandising and other commercial income, as well as more TV money from matches in the FA Cup, League Cup and / or European competitions.

From next season, when the income streams from the recently negotiated (and improved) 2010-13 TV deals kicks in, the central funds income will climb again, by up to a third. In other words, being the worst team in the Premier League next season, and finishing bottom, will be worth around £40m from central funds alone"

This is the season when the new TV money contract starts.

The merit payments will be almost a million pounds for each place we move up the league, so if we finish in 7th we have earned about 12 million on top of the £40 million basic payment.

Then Increased TV money, £20 million gate receipts, then merchandising, sponsor money and catering, and extra money from the Cup competitions, which should all add up to a tidy sum.

So if we dont have any money for transfers next season somebody is milking the money from the club and lining their own pockets.

Thats taking hours to download so i haven't seen the "Official" figures, but from the article i posted we should have some money. ....

"“Merit payments” are rewarded according to where each team finished in the League. Portsmouth’s 20th-place finish earned a merit payment of £800,424, Hull’s 19th place earned them twice that sum, Burnley’s 18th place earned them three times £800,424, and so on to the top, where Chelsea’s merit cash was £16,008,480.

The enormous guaranteed sums on offer for membership of the League show why there really should be no need for a well-run club to be facing financial hardship. Central funds are the largest single source of income for most clubs but all clubs also earn millions from ticket sales, sponsorship deals, merchandising and other commercial income, as well as more TV money from matches in the FA Cup, League Cup and / or European competitions.

From next season, when the income streams from the recently negotiated (and improved) 2010-13 TV deals kicks in, the central funds income will climb again, by up to a third. In other words, being the worst team in the Premier League next season, and finishing bottom, will be worth around £40m from central funds alone"

This is the season when the new TV money contract starts.

The merit payments will be almost a million pounds for each place we move up the league, so if we finish in 7th we have earned about 12 million on top of the £40 million basic payment.

Then Increased TV money, £20 million gate receipts, then merchandising, sponsor money and catering, and extra money from the Cup competitions, which should all add up to a tidy sum.

So if we dont have any money for transfers next season somebody is milking the money from the club and lining their own pockets.

just a thought, but maybe theyre saying theres no money as they try to break even before the 2013 deadline? Cant remember exactly how that worked, it was a while a go.