IGNORED

5 Albums You Would Take To A Desert Island.

Finn balor

For any of our younger members who might be saying to themselves who the fook are the Travelling Wilburys, I can show you a pic of arguably the best ever group who have ever performed every one of them was a top class musician in their own right, they made two albums which now go for silly money. The end came when vocalist Roy Orbison died

TravelingWilburys.jpg

The wealth of talent that Travelling Willbury's had was stunning. I always felt that Jeff Lyne has never really been given the respect he deserves. Stunning songwriter and composer. The only one of the Wilburys that I never liked, and still dont, is Tom Petty. Just never "got" him.

For any of our younger members who might be saying to themselves who the fook are the Travelling Wilburys, I can show you a pic of arguably the best ever group who have ever performed every one of them was a top class musician in their own right, they made two albums which now go for silly money. The end came when vocalist Roy Orbison died

They were a good band Bill but in my opinion each and every one of them did better stuff solo/in other bands :) .

Harrison....Obvious.

Lynne...ELO & The Move.

Petty....with the Heartbreakers.

Orbison & Dylan....Solo.

I think the Wilbury's were just a bit of fun for them...enjoyable certainly but I don't think they were really pushing themselves musically.

They were a good band Bill but in my opinion each and every one of them did better stuff solo/in other bands :) .

Harrison....Obvious.

Lynne...ELO & The Move.

Petty....with the Heartbreakers.

Orbison & Dylan....Solo.

I think the Wilbury's were just a bit of fun for them...enjoyable certainly but I don't think they were really pushing themselves musically.

Oh i agree wholeheartedly Mike, but when five of the most talented performers in their field get together, theres nothing better than when they are Jamming for the sheer joy of it.

You only have to read the names of the Wilbury family on the 1st album (Volume 1), and a completely different list of names on the 2nd album to see it was for fun, the 2nd album (Volume 3) was deliberately numbered wrong. :)

Poor old Roy Orbison Died halfway through the second album so they disbanded.

In the late 1990s and early 2000s, the two Traveling Wilbury albums had limited availability and were out of print in most areas. George Harrison was primary holder of the rights, but did not order a reissue before his death in 2001.

They are now collected by music/record buffs.

In the late 1990s and early 2000s, the two Traveling Wilbury albums had limited availability and were out of print in most areas. George Harrison was primary holder of the rights, but did not order a reissue before his death in 2001.

They are now collected by music/record buffs.

Didn't know that Bill.

On the subject of "rare" have a look at this...

http://collectorsfrenzy.com/Details.aspx?id=290343459283

Sold for $950 (which is actually a bit of a bargain, they often go for more).

Funny part is that it was one of the few releases by my dad's short lived record label (through Decca), produced by MMR Records (which stood for Mark, Michael & Robin....me and my bros) and published by Lynx Music (also dads).

We had boxes of the things in the kitchen for ages, but they all went many years ago....if only we'd known :( . Dad always said they were ahead of their time, he'd be delighted if he knew what they were going for now.

The one thing I do have is the original studio masters (The Prisoner, who was a collector of stuff like this reckoned they're easily worth four figures, one day I'll find out :) ).