IGNORED

Aston Villa (Away)

dark

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Internet's down at home so i've had to wait til I got back to work to vent my frustration. Has a team ever dominated possession in a match so much and looked less likely to score? Apart from Pienaar hitting the bar and Jags messing up a free header, we looked utterly impotent from start to finish. It's all very well Moyes getting the team to pass in pretty little triangles, but unless we can score goals it's pretty fucking pointless. I'm sorry but Beckford looked a million miles from premiership standard on Sunday, Saha just doesn't look hungry and Yakubu must be absolutely dreadful in training if he can't get a look in the way we've started this season. And it would help if we could elarn to defend as well, Villa looked dangerous every time they broke, no one tracked Young for the goal and we just look like a mistake waiting to happen.

Once again we start the season like a bunch of clowns, except this time we haven't got 11 first team players out injured to blame. Moyes has to shoulder the blame for this, the preparation of the team in close season is clearly not up to scratch, and his team choices/substitutions are quite frankly bizarre. Three games into the season and already playing catch-up, so much all the pre-season hype!

I must echo what most people have posted in regard to team selection, tactics and substitutes. The amount of posession we had without that real killer touch was poor. Although he looks miles away from Premiership standard I don't recall Beckford being given a ball he could run onto, certainly zilch through the middle. I wasn't one of those calling for Coleman to start but when he and Hibbert got the chance to play together we looked so dangerous down the right and Villa began to panic, hence the bizarre substituting of Hibbert for the centrally defensive Heittonga, this pushed Coleman back and negated his runs, a real questionable tactical move by Moyes. Overall though, if we can maintain the possession side of the game and build on the attacking, things should begin to look up. I wouldn't be surprised to see us beat Man Utd.