IGNORED

Brentford (Away)

MikeO

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone honestly say that this is a huge surprise though?

I was going to wait up for it, or wake up early 4:30am I think for the match to listen on radio, in the end I didn't bother as it's a cup game that shouldn't mean much.. still it's utterly shite that we put out a team with many of our 1st team and get beaten... surely for morale it'd be better to put out all the reserves and the less-fit 1st team players like Yak and Bily..

We are Everton and I cannot see us being relegated... the Shite are laughing at us now but I'm confident Blue will finish above Red this season.. I'm even thinking of taking the 300-1 odds that the Reds will be relegated, hopefully Portsmouth style with Torres and Reina leaving in January and Gerrard off to spain with an illegitimate love child of some sort :lol:

Can anyone honestly say that this is a huge surprise though?

I was going to wait up for it, or wake up early 4:30am I think for the match to listen on radio, in the end I didn't bother as it's a cup game that shouldn't mean much.. still it's utterly shite that we put out a team with many of our 1st team and get beaten... surely for morale it'd be better to put out all the reserves and the less-fit 1st team players like Yak and Bily..

We are Everton and I cannot see us being relegated... the Shite are laughing at us now but I'm confident Blue will finish above Red this season.. I'm even thinking of taking the 300-1 odds that the Reds will be relegated, hopefully Portsmouth style with Torres and Reina leaving in January and Gerrard off to spain with an illegitimate love child of some sort :lol:

Thats precisely why i didnt even bother listening on the radio. I saw the team we put out and though why the fuck should i bother if the club cant be arsed?

lol must admit i did listen to the last half of extra time and pens must be a glutton 4 punishment!

On the positive side at least it might mahe people realise that Coleman isnt ready yet, same goes for Maggy

Well he's a flanker, and although old, could have given us the pace on the right that so we dearly needed! :P

Edited by BrotherEstapol

At the moment I'd be happy to finish 17th in the league, because the way we are playing we're not fit to stay in the Premiership. I'm in two minds about Moyes now, I woulden't mind it if he pissed off and we got Martin O'Neill while he's a free agent. The players seem to be playing with no confidence and something is going on behind the scenes.

I had the misfortune of being there last night and I am truly pissed off. The formation was bollocks (again) and at times they looked liked 11 players plucked from a park and playing together for the first time. Ossie wide right, Pip at dm and Felli behind Yak and only one up top against (allegedly) inferior opposition didn't fill me with confidence but against a league one side we should still have been comfortable.

In fairness we (rightly so) dominated at the beginning and could quite easily have been 3 or 4 up in the first half hour with a it more fortune in front of goal but it wasn't to be. From then on it just went downhill, our passing started getting very ragged, and the players seemed to operating on different wavelengths (Bily might even have been on a different planet!).

The introduction of Peanuts and Arteta did improve things to an extent, but Brentford were really up for it by now and were fighting for every ball, closing players down and making themselves available which was the complete opposite to our lot. Again in fairness their keeper had an inspired game and I doubt he will perform like that again this season, and the few times he failed to stop/collect the ball they had defenders in the right place.

Mucha, didn't have a huge amount to do and couldn't really be faulted for their goal, kept us in it with the penalty save.

Coleman, Good game going forward but got caught out of position a few times and a silly penalty given away, not a great defensive display.

Jags, reasonable game but guilty (again) of some wayward passes from defence

Dustbin, piss poor (almost non existent) challenge for their equalizer, often lost his player on their crosses.

Baines, along with Coleman our only other real threat going forward, more so when he got Peanuts in front of him.

Madeye Guaye, a bright start but faded as time wore on.

Ossie, some good bits, a lot of huff and puff, and did at least have a go at goal when given the opportunity.

Pip, fairly solid but nothing outstanding some rash and mistimed tackles lost their forwards on occasion

Felli, got stuck in sometimes but his flick ons mostly went anywhere but near the yak.

Bily, as stated before seemed on a different planet on the few times he wasn't anonymous.

Yak, a better game but still lacks a bit of sharpness gave their cb's a hard time, can only think he was taken off for tiredness. DM,s decision to sub him roundly booed.

Pienaar, at least we started looking threatening again when he came on.

Arteta, gave the ball away a few times and his free kicks and corners were down to his usual standard.

Beckford, can't win aerial balls to save his life but at least forced defenders to hurriedly deal with the inevitable hoofballs.

A final mention to the Brentford fans, at the conclusion of the shootout there was a pitch invasion, but not so much to celebrate a (for them) famous victory but to confront the Everton fans and with more than one missile thrown into our end - wankers

I'm not sure who I'd want... do we really think if Jose Mourinho suddenly decided he'd like a challenge and we got him... that he'd be able to work a cup win or title on our budget???

Personally I think yes, but it's besides the point, not many others could...

I'm happy with Moyes, will reserve judgement till Christmas, where a turn around might save us if in doubt.. however I still think we'll pull a 7-10 finish..