IGNORED

Guardian Piece

Detailed in there:

"This week saw the launch of "The Blue Union", a coalition of supporters groups including Evertonians for Change, Keep Everton in Our City, The People's Group and School of Science 1878, that has voiced concern at, among other things, "the stagnation" of a club that had won more league titles than Manchester United before the inception of the Premier League but has barely warranted mention in the transfer gossip columns this summer. That resentment was audible in the friendly at Birmingham City on Saturday, where there were banners calling for Kenwright to go, but many supporters also accept the futility of such a move without a credible alternative in place. One can read the last edition of the Evertonian fanzine When Skies Are Grey to see the division between those questioning the board's efforts to make the club an attractive investment proposition and those who argue "most fans accept the situation the club finds itself in".

The review of us by The Guardian was good. Even better were the many, many comments from various readers (mainly supporters of other teams) - whose comments were very fair and offered interesting food for thought for all of us - regardless of where we each stand on questions of ownership, investment and our on-pitch chances this season. I challenge you to not be pleased with the level of respect for our fine club that other fair-minded supporters show. A must read.

The review of us by The Guardian was good. Even better were the many, many comments from various readers (mainly supporters of other teams) - whose comments were very fair and offered interesting food for thought for all of us - regardless of where we each stand on questions of ownership, investment and our on-pitch chances this season. I challenge you to not be pleased with the level of respect for our fine club that other fair-minded supporters show. A must read.

Respect or disbelief? Disbelief that under the circumstances moyes has been operating that we aren't perennial relegation strugglers.

is there that much of a difference? wouldn't disbelief breed respect in some form?

In this case (my example) I think respect is something that a boxer gives another for standing toe to toe and giving them a proper good fight. Disbelief maybe when the boxer takes a good hiding, fights on with a broken jaw and continues to struggle to the final bell where judges rule him well and truly beat.

But yep, I would say major similarities...

Do we all actually agree that we can get 7th this term?

I certainly beleive we can achieve 7th this season, indeed it is possible (though unlikely) that we can finish a little higher. Inevitably we are focussed on our team/club and the concerns, but you wouldn't get many people betting meaningful money on the likes of Villa, Sunderland and Bolton finishing above us - they might but that isn't how the bookies see it. Much respect to Owen Coyle at Bolton though, he is doing a good job there and would be a worthy successor should we be looking for one in the coming year.