IGNORED

Bill Kenwright Sky Sports interview

Hafnia

I surely can't be the only one getting sick of your constant negative ranting. The only reason we are a laughing stock is not the board, it's for having some of the most miserable, fickle and depressing fans in the country who as soon as things aren't rosy turn on the players, turn on the manager, turn on the board at the drop of a hat. One minute Jags is brilliant, the next he's poor, one minute Arteta is a genius, the next he's a passenger, one minute Moyes is the saviour, the next he's a joker who hasn't got a clue on tactics, players etc. I still remember when we had Walter Smith (a truly awful manager) and fans would start booing after about 10 minutes if we weren't winning - pathetic.

COYB. always.

I actually think the fans have been pretty patient with this, a lot of other teams fans would have been a lot further down the line that BU are by now.

I disagree we are a laughing stock, as soon as the team steps out on the pitch 99% of Everton fans will forget these outside influences and get behind the blues and I dont think there will be any difference come kick off tomorrow and I think you do an injustice to a lot of fans that have reasoned repsonses to players/managers/boards successes and failures. For example I respect Moyes for the way he has turned this football club around, instilled a great team spirit and has for the most part created a quality team on severly limited funds, but you cant for one minute suggest that his whole tactical game plan doesnt have a detrimental effect on the team at times and costs us points. I for one am never going to praise someone for doing something crap.

However I will also add that you do have a point, there is a fair wack of negativity, especially if you ever take a glance at toffeeweb, but IMO there are issues that need adressing, regardless of how we are doing on the pitch, as there are clearly serious concerns for the future of Everton Football Club competing at the top half of the Premier League.

I dont expect us to be the money men of the league, I dont expect us to win every game, tonking goals in from all angles. But what I do expect is that the club is run properly and that we maximise every resource we have available, that the manager gets the team set up & organised to play as well as they can, and that finally the players give there all every game. Of course mistakes will happen along the line, and lessons should be learned, but if any of the above sections of the club arent pushing themselves, then we as fans have a right to complain and not be happy with the situation.

COYB

I hope we can make a good start tomorrow. It might stop some of this negativity. I love Everton, its about the only constant I have had in my life, the only thing I have really stuck at biggrin.png

Going with my old man when I was still in short pants, a pie and half a shandy thinking I was the bollocks. Thats what it was about the camaraderie, the love of being part of something, the highs, the lows. All just part of loving a club, a passion you cant explain, it just is what is and its blue