IGNORED

Bill Kenwright Sky Sports interview

Hafnia

There's also a follow up where he says it doesn't require a calculator to figure out why Everton make losses.

The same being that everton fans don't need to be experts to see he is way out of his depth. This is the second time a group of fans have exposed the incompetencies of a board that have failed to deliver on so many things. Quite embarrassing.

Clearly this was a quickly arranged interview designed to try and dilute the impact of the peoples group transcript. Why does it have to come to this to get communication.

Get an interim board in and get this club sold. We are a laughing stock. I await the £10m bid for Jagielka and £10m for Rodwell.

The same being that everton fans don't need to be experts to see he is way out of his depth. This is the second time a group of fans have exposed the incompetencies of a board that have failed to deliver on so many things. Quite embarrassing.

Clearly this was a quickly arranged interview designed to try and dilute the impact of the peoples group transcript. Why does it have to come to this to get communication.

Get an interim board in and get this club sold. We are a laughing stock. I await the £10m bid for Jagielka and £10m for Rodwell.

Sorry bud but I disagree.

We're not a laughing stock at all.

We have regularly been the 5th and 6th best team in the league for the past 10 years, and are still able to compete for European places.

If our board are incompetent, then 14 other boards must be even 'more' incompetent, because we regularly finish above them, without spending, while they spend each year. That is not incompetence.

"Kenwright doesn't have money to spend, so let's get rid of him". You all sound like a money grabbing woman talking to be honest.

14 other clubs are not asking for their board to leave.

The only clubs that finish above us are 4 of the biggest clubs in the world, and Spurs of late, who are also loaded.

Our board must go because we can't spend what they spend? doh.gif

Get a grip guys.

We have regularly been the 5th and 6th best team in the league for the past 10 years, and are still able to compete for European places.

If our board are incompetent, then 14 other boards must be even 'more' incompetent, because we regularly finish above them, without spending, while they spend each year. That is not incompetence.

"Kenwright doesn't have money to spend, so let's get rid of him". You all sound like a money grabbing woman talking to be honest.

The only clubs that finish above us are 4 of the biggest clubs in the world, and Spurs of late, who are also loaded.

Get a grip guys.

Where we have finished in the league is not really down to the board though. Yes they negotiated the contracts and yes they allowed Moyes to spend the funds, but if Moyes and the players hadnt done so well on the pitch then we wouldnt be competing with these other teams. Dont forget we havent net spent anything in the last 3 years.

I have been a critic of Moyes' tactics recently (becuase he deserves it tongue.png ) but we all have to thank him a great deal for the way he has taken this club forward and kept us steady. The mentality, attitude and professionalism he has instilled in the players and club as a whole is first class, and it is that spirit and togetherness that has kept us on the coat tails of the 'financial elite' and has very little to do with Kenwright and the board.

I have never realy been against Kenwright personally, but in this recent interview and the BU meeting he has disgusted me. I have no time for smarmy arrogant bastards and in my opinion (and that is only what it is) he has come across as one.

Get a grip guys.

So whats your plan for the next five years when Jags,neville,cahill,arteta,saha,osman are retired?? wots our plan you tell me? hope for global financial recovery? we are going fucking NOWHERE!!!

So whats your plan for the next five years when Jags,neville,cahill,arteta,saha,osman are retired?? wots our plan you tell me? hope for global financial recovery? we are going fucking NOWHERE!!!

I don't get paid to plan for Everton's future mate, but what I will say, is that anybody would think we are clinging on to Premiership survival every year the way some fans go on.

It's the exact opposite.

Since Kenwright became chairman, we've had our best results in years, and enjoyed European football once again. We've been to Wembley, and under Moyes have played some of the best football seen at Goodison since the 80's.

We were a whisker away from a new stadium, and have one of the best teams we can remember.

Worried about the future? Why?

What's the worst that can happen? We go back to the mediocrity that was Everton before Kenwright was Chairman? wink.png

2010-11 = 54pts = 7th Fans want Kenwright out

2009-10 = 61pts = 8th Play in Europe - Fickle fans want Moyes out.

2008-09 = 63pts = 5th FA Final Runners up - Play in Europe

2007-08 = 65pts = 5th League Cup Semis - Play in Europe

2006-07 = 58pts = 6th

2005-06 = 50pts = 11th Play in Champions League

2004-05 = 61pts = 4th

2003-04 = 39pts = 17th Kenwright becomes Chairman June 2003

2002-03 = 59pts = 7th

2001-02 = 43pts = 15th Moyes joins club as manager March 2002

2000-01 = 42pts = 16th

1999-00 = 50pts = 13th

1998-99 = 43pts = 14th

1997-98 = 40pts = 17th

1996-97 = 42pts = 15th

1995-96 = 61pts = 6th = Won Charity shield

1994-95 - 50pts = 15th = won FA Cup

1993-94 = 44pts = 17th

1992-93 = 53pts = 13th

1991-92 = 53pts = 12th

The league hasn't even kicked off for us yet and already the forums are full of negativity. Like I said earlier ... get a grip. shaking%20fist.png

Edited by Avinalaff

Couldnt have put it any better myself weve all been aware this board was crap now its all out in the open it proves theyre worse than feared!

sorry boys, but did you not read what i read?! We have improved dramatically under this reign! I really should start an opticians for Evertonians..... Or do you want a crystal ball for what ifs?

Edited by Matt

so thats ok then? your happy with mediocrity? thats the worst that can happen? you just highlighted what we have done under Moysie who i love but what do you think were gonna do next with no dough and even worse no idea what to do next. Bill has said as much he hasnt a clue!!!!

No - I highlighted what we've done under Kenwright. wink.png

I'm off to watch a film. Hoping you lot are going to be in better spirits once the football begins. mellow.png

I don't get paid to plan for Everton's future mate, but what I will say, is that anybody would think we are clinging on to Premiership survival every year the way some fans go on.

It's the exact opposite.

Since Kenwright became chairman, we've had our best results in years, and enjoyed European football once again. We've been to Wembley, and under Moyes have played some of the best football seen at Goodison since the 80's.

We were a whisker away from a new stadium, and have one of the best teams we can remember.

Worried about the future? Why?

What's the worst that can happen? We go back to the mediocrity that was Everton before Kenwright was Chairman? wink.png

2010-11 = 54pts = 7th Fans want Kenwright out

2009-10 = 61pts = 8th Play in Europe - Fickle fans want Moyes out.

2008-09 = 63pts = 5th FA Final Runners up - Play in Europe

2007-08 = 65pts = 5th League Cup Semis - Play in Europe

2006-07 = 58pts = 6th

2005-06 = 50pts = 11th Play in Champions League

2004-05 = 61pts = 4th

2003-04 = 39pts = 17th Kenwright becomes Chairman June 2003

2002-03 = 59pts = 7th

2001-02 = 43pts = 15th Moyes joins club as manager March 2002

2000-01 = 42pts = 16th

1999-00 = 50pts = 13th

1998-99 = 43pts = 14th

1997-98 = 40pts = 17th

1996-97 = 42pts = 15th

1995-96 = 61pts = 6th = Won Charity shield

1994-95 - 50pts = 15th = won FA Cup

1993-94 = 44pts = 17th

1992-93 = 53pts = 13th

1991-92 = 53pts = 12th

The league hasn't even kicked off for us yet and already the forums are full of negativity. Like I said earlier ... get a grip. shaking%20fist.png

1999 was when Kenwright 'took over' and was making the decisions. I remember it was on boxing day and we smashed Sunderland 5-0 (I think).

I am still pissed off in the way Joe Royle was forced out!!! Not given £1m to sign Torre Andre Flo because he was too similar to Big Dunc!!!

1999 was when Kenwright 'took over' and was making the decisions. I remember it was on boxing day and we smashed Sunderland 5-0 (I think).

I am still pissed off in the way Joe Royle was forced out!!! Not given £1m to sign Torre Andre Flo because he was too similar to Big Dunc!!!

Everton FC Director, 1989 - present

Everton FC Vice-Chairman, 1998 - 2003

Everton FC Chairman, 2003 - present

He became a major shareholder in the club in 1999 as part of True Blue Holdings, his title makes no difference.

Except for the fact that my point is our performances on the pitch since he took over as Chairman, and not, as director, Vice Chairman, or Shareholder, have been very good. smile.png

Edited by Avinalaff

Except for the fact that my point is our performances on the pitch since he took over as Chairman, and not, as director, Vice Chairman, or Shareholder, have been very good. smile.png

My missus went and made me a cheese and ham sandwich, washed my work trousers, that night I went out and scored 3 goals, the lads at footy said my missus cheese and ham sandwiches and work trouser washing skills were the difference that night.

patto if you think the distance from GP was the problem then you clearly have no idea of the reasons KEIOC were there in the first place.

for me the road network, the false promises of money and the very small increase in possible corp revenue made it a non starter.

before slagging KEIOC please read their policy and read the facts about the stadium proposal that was submitted to the government.

KEIOC are also working with lots of people including the council on the football quarter plans.

My missus went and made me a cheese and ham sandwich, washed my work trousers, that night I went out and scored 3 goals, the lads at footy said my missus cheese and ham sandwiches and work trouser washing skills were the difference that night.

ok, ive only had 8 hours sleep in the last 2 nights, but ive really no idea what that means....

My missus went and made me a cheese and ham sandwich, washed my work trousers, that night I w

ent out and scored 3 goals, the lads at footy said my missus cheese and ham sandwiches and work trouser washing skills were the difference that night.

Hilarious!!! Work trouser washing skills im gonna use that later when im out of reach of my missus.

Oh and i agree its DM that should take the credit not BK he said himself he doesnt kno half of what goes on at the club.

Hilarious!!! Work trouser washing skills im gonna use that later when im out of reach of my missus.

Oh and i agree its DM that should take the credit not BK he said himself he doesnt kno half of what goes on at the club.

Credit where credits due though - Kenwright has stood by (I was going to use backed! doh.gif ) Moyes even when we weren't performing on the pitch - re. 17th finish and 11th finish - many chairmen wouldn't have.

I surely can't be the only one getting sick of your constant negative ranting. The only reason we are a laughing stock is not the board, it's for having some of the most miserable, fickle and depressing fans in the country who as soon as things aren't rosy turn on the players, turn on the manager, turn on the board at the drop of a hat. One minute Jags is brilliant, the next he's poor, one minute Arteta is a genius, the next he's a passenger, one minute Moyes is the saviour, the next he's a joker who hasn't got a clue on tactics, players etc. I still remember when we had Walter Smith (a truly awful manager) and fans would start booing after about 10 minutes if we weren't winning - pathetic.

We're going into this season with the same team as last year (except Pienaar), last year everyone was flying thinking we would finish top 4 then a terrible start ruined us. This season everyone is acting all doom and gloom, why exactly? we have the same team who finished 7th after an absolutely disgraceful start and who never really played anywhere near their potential, plus we have Barkley coming through.

EVERYONE, BK included, knows we need a new striker and a winger, everyone is disappointed we haven't got either but so what, get on with it and do what you're supposed to do 'support' the club.

I read a lot of the BK interview with Blue Union, I appreciated his honesty yet can't help feel sorry for him and feel that if that sort of info gets out then we will be a laughing stock and it will put off potential investors. Sometimes keeping problems in house is a lot better than advertising them to the whole world.

Anyway, I for one am sick of the negative crap being spouted by many on these boards. The lack of signings may be part of the reason so many fans are going into this season with such low expectations and negative outlook, but a major part of the reason is the snide comments and constant vitriol from many of our fans spreading their ridiculously ott negative views. get a grip.

Pre season is over, the reality starts now and moaning about the team, the board etc isn't going to help anyone and won't improve any performances. What will help is our 'supporters' getting behind the team and roaring them to victory after victory, BK will be one of those.

Trying to get rid of BK and getting an interim board would be an absolute disaster imo and lead to a huge downward spiral. I can't believe people will go on about others getting taken over like Blackburn, ffs they are a laughing stock, even amongst their own fans. Lost to Wolves, sold their best player for £16m and replaced him with some makeweight Scottish striker, rumours of takeovers all over the place. Why would anyone want that? Be careful what you wish for.

Anyway, next time I log in will be to read Romey's winning match report.

It's time for the moaners to shut up and stop disrupting the fans and the team, for everyone to get behind the club in it's tough times and maybe we'll rise out of it.

COYB. always.

Edited by carlmc25

Without singling out individual fans, I think the above post is a fair comment, and should serve as a little eye opener for many of our fans, many of whom seem to have been stood at the band wagon bus stop not really knowing much about the bus they are hoping will turn up.

I found it a little amusing also, (and didn't take offence as I don't think any was intended) that after supporting the club for over 40 years, that I was told a certain thread probably wasn't for me, as I'm a football fan, as opposed to a fanatic. Is this what our fan base is turning in to? Segregation? Deciding on who is a true blue, and who is a looker on, depending on the level of protesting one does? Come on guys?

I, and many like me, have probably forgotten more about this club than some fans give us credit for. We used to stand there with knitted scarves and hats when many younger fans weren't even born. We've argued our cases on just about every footballing subject imaginable, and seen changes both at our clubs and many others.

The difference now is that we are 'mature' fans, and as such, try and look at the bigger picture.

We've seen low points, and high points.

We've stood on the terraces watching opponents play in the top flight who are now gone from the scene, either by lower division, or via administration, and teams that were really good too.

Everton have been around for a long time, and so have many of the fans, but all these politics are getting in the way of the game, and that can never be a good thing.

No matter how much we as fans vent our frustration, we can't change anything that isn't in our hands. What happens with the club is likely to happen regardless of whether we express our opinions or not. Everybody wants what is best for the club, and I mean 'everybody'. Even fans from other clubs want good things for Everton.

The league starts for us tomorrow, so I don't know about you lot, but I'm really looking forward to it, and if we get off to a great start, fantastic, but if we lose, it's not the end of the world.

Keep your spirits up, and spare a thought for all the other fans who haven't had it so good. We're still up there, and still one of the best, and no amount of bickering can take that away.

Without singling out individual fans, I think the above post is a fair comment, and should serve as a little eye opener for many of our fans, many of whom seem to have been stood at the band wagon bus stop not really knowing much about the bus they are hoping will turn up.

I found it a little amusing also, (and didn't take offence as I don't think any was intended) that after supporting the club for over 40 years, that I was told a certain thread probably wasn't for me, as I'm a football fan, as opposed to a fanatic. Is this what our fan base is turning in to? Segregation? Deciding on who is a true blue, and who is a looker on, depending on the level of protesting one does? Come on guys?

I, and many like me, have probably forgotten more about this club than some fans give us credit for. We used to stand there with knitted scarves and hats when many younger fans weren't even born. We've argued our cases on just about every footballing subject imaginable, and seen changes both at our clubs and many others.

The difference now is that we are 'mature' fans, and as such, try and look at the bigger picture.

We've stood on the terraces watching opponents play in the top flight who are now gone from the scene, either by lower division, or via administration, and teams that were really good too.

Everton have been around for a long time, and so have many of the fans, but all these politics are getting in the way of the game, and that can never be a good thing.

No matter how much we as fans vent our frustration, we can't change anything that isn't in our hands. What happens with the club is likely to happen regardless of whether we express our opinions or not. Everybody wants what is best for the club, and I mean 'everybody'. Even fans from other clubs want good things for Everton.

The league starts for us tomorrow, so I don't know about you lot, but I'm really looking forward to it, and if we get off to a great start, fantastic, but if we lose, it's not the end of the world.

Keep your spirits up, and spare a thought for all the other fans who haven't had it so good. We're still up there, and still one of the best, and no amount of bickering can take that away.

Top post.

Love you KS!