IGNORED

The Wishlist - Movies

Louis

You've got me there Louis, I spend way too much cash on films, but can't think of any.

Oh shit, I can. Back to the future three.

Had the box set over a year, managed the first two but the missus keeps stopping me watch the last one. (cheating as I have seen it but that was a very very long time ago)

Other than that hangover two. Not very classy but still. Oh, and probably the last three Harry Potters.

I've had a spate over recent weeks of film watching.

I download them from 'kickasstorrents' with a programme called 'bittorrent' and then if the family want to watch it, I'll burn it using a programme called 'dvdflick'. Takes about an hour to convert and burn, and about 15 minutes to download the films.

</p>

<p>Really? I had a teacher who said the same thing, but I just don't see it. Granted it's good, but not on the level of lebowski, fargo, o brother where art thou, the man who wasn't there, and true grit for me.</p>

<p>

I've watched the Big Lebowski probs over 5 times and still don't see what the fuss is about, always preferred Fargo. The dude is like they got stoned watching Kingpin, Bottle Rocket and a bit of Kevin Smith then tried to write Fargo 2.

With RA it's the simple stuff but done really well with just the right amount of cleverness like a old Simpsons episode.

Whereas O Brother, to me it was like a remake of Raising Arizona, it's got all the silliness but to catered for the American audience taste(the Dax Wax promoting annoys the f*ck out of me). Tbh i think all the Coen brothers movies staring Clooney all seem a bit off.

I dont know many other people who like the man who wasn't there, I really liked it probs the best Billy bob movie.

Can't comment on True Grit(never in the mood to watch it), but from what i've heard it's better than No country which was quality.

Overall imo think they're over-rated, I prefer stuff like Lawn Dogs, A Simple plan, In Bruges and Trees Lounge that have a similar style/feel.

Edited by pete0

I like In Bruges, haven't seen the others. Good to see someone else who liked the man who wasn't there, I've also met few people who really did, although it's more unknown to be fair.

I was expecting a bollocking for not yet seeing True Grit.

Sad thing is most people I know wouldn't even entertain watching the man who wasn't there just because its classic noir, a new movie in black and white seems to boggle some people.

This bit tends to put the lads off Lawn Dogs but I think it's the best bit (Note: am a straight male, not that it matters)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KQUzvirrkE

Of the other ones watch a simple plan if yer a Paxton/BillyBob fan or Trees Lounge if yer prefer Steve Buscemi

Edited by pete0