IGNORED

Gareth Southgate England manager?

for me its club over country everytime. England are, and always have been in my years watching them (exception of Euro 96), an embarrassing bunch of whining wankers who care more about their wallets and image than national pride.

If the team, FA and all involved cant be arsed why should I?

I always think fans of bigger teams would rather see their club win over their country, where as fans of smaller teams show more interest in the national team.

watch an England game and see all the Macclesfield, Grimsby and Halifax banners around Wembley.

World Cup or FA Cup? FA Cup for me.

thats very true tbh, you very rarely see banners for premier league teams or championship teams for that matter, its all league 1+2 and blue square teams.

Their moment in the sun perhaps?

I think so Jona, its probably the biggest stage they will get to support a team. They wont get a change to cheer Rooney in a Halifax shirt, so when you can support the worlds "super stars" jump on it.

Maybe its different in Wales Jona, without stereotyping, I think Welsh people have a bit more pride in their national teams than English, but then the Welsh players seem to have more pride than the English players do.

I think so Jona, its probably the biggest stage they will get to support a team. They wont get a change to cheer Rooney in a Halifax shirt, so when you can support the worlds "super stars" jump on it.

Maybe its different in Wales Jona, without stereotyping, I think Welsh people have a bit more pride in their national teams than English, but then the Welsh players seem to have more pride than the English players do.

Your right, but I can't wait for the GB football! I will be singing God save the Queen at my loudest!