IGNORED

Gareth Southgate England manager?

Gareth Southgate? A student of the game I heard the other day?!- we need a talisman, someone who has experience of dealing with ego's, someone who isn't afraid to tel JT and Lampard to get lost and creates a team with an identity.

For me England under Venables was brilliant - enjoyed the spirit. As much as I'm not a great admirer of his transfer morals - Harry Redknapp is the man for me. I do think he may be a little bit pally with your JT's and Lamps (nephew and his bezzie). I think we keep Pearce as his number 2.

My old man keeps telling me they should give it to Beckham. At least he had the passion, and put in some football tactitians with him, maybe Venables, Pierce and Wilkins.

Clear out all the old boys from the squad, keep the youngsters in there and let them learn as a team.

Couldbn't handle beckham as a manger - everything about him is staged with England. His OTT behaviour when at the world cup in his waist coat, it all seemed all for the cameras.

His ambition is a knighthood, all respect to him as a player but for me he is all about image and marketability. We need a manager who can get net nasty and stand up to the press and defend his players where necessary.

Beckham attracts too much of a circus IMO.

I miss Peter Reid managing a big team. (seriously)

He will never get the England job I know, but I think it's a shame he's not progressed in recent years to be a candidate.

Whoever gets it will need a strong track record - not that it SHOULD be necessary, but he'll have the media and fans on his back too.

When they ditch the old guard, and stop pandering to egomaniacs, they'll be criticised. IF they don't have track record, the media will kill them in weeks (a la Villas Boas).

Only a guy with a track record will be able to stand up to it and say "I don't give a f**k, I'm not having prima donnas in the squad". I can only see Harry being able to get away with that (and I think the FA would only take him through gritted teeth).

If it wasn't Harry then:

Ancelloti - although he seems headed for PSG

Mourinho - possibly whilst waiting for Man U (and after Real have grown tired of him)

Guardiola - Quit Barca whilst ahead?

Moyes - Will probably be looking for job in the summer IF the club are sold

Mancini - Could be looking for work if City collapse

I always think fans of bigger teams would rather see their club win over their country, where as fans of smaller teams show more interest in the national team.

watch an England game and see all the Macclesfield, Grimsby and Halifax banners around Wembley.

World Cup or FA Cup? FA Cup for me.

We support our clubs week in week out.

England is really once every couple of years (with real vigour) and with generally poor performances for the last 20 years it's hard to summon up a lot of enthusiasm.

And, I also think that because the PL and CL is so hyped, Internationals irritate fans because it's stopping us seeing PL or CL and it's risking some of our players too.

Edited by BlueSky

The last time I was really excited about the England team was when they had four Everton players in....'86 WC Finals when the changes every Evertonian knew were needed were forced on Bobby Robson by injury/suspension to the established stars (even Robson picked on reputation so it's nothing new).

Posted this before but newspaper headline the day after we turned it round....

"ENGLAND OWE IT TO EVERTON!"

...was a real buzz. Was stuck on my wall at work for years.

If it hadn't been for that cheating low-life crack-head we might have won that yearangry.png .

I can get the FA cup thing, but surely a whole nation is more important? Mind you, if it was Everton winning the Champions league over Wales qualifying for a World cup then hell yeah! And that's coming from an extremely passionate Welshman!yay.gif

God, I dunno which one is more likely!!!!!