IGNORED

Saha and Cahill Just stop!

Memmaclub

I love cahill for his spirit and what he has done for everton in the past but he isn't firing at the moment and needs to be used as an impact sub.

Saha as I have always said is a joke and should not be anywhere near the club too injury prone doesn't fit our game and cannot play up front alone. His first touch lets him down so often. When we signed Saha I hated the idea but we had other strikers. But to strip it down to have him as the main striker is moyes worst ever mistake. I honesty wish saha would just go. Velios is proof that a decent striker can score goals for everton but saha can't so lets get rid.

The partenship is not working either

Think you're being very harsh on Saha here. He isn't a joke, in fact on his day i think he's one of the best players at the club ability wise. I know he's getting older but i think he's still got a lot to offer to the team. Unfortunately we haven't really got any other strikers to push him at the moment (apart from maybe vellios but he's still young) therefore saha will be first choice until we sign a new striker.

As we know Cahill hasn't been firing this season but i reckon once he scores his first goal, plenty more will come. He showed glimpses yesterday with a few towering headers that would have gone in apart from good saves and vital blocks. I say keep the 2 in, we've won our last 2 games so lets keep the run going, and i'm sure with the fixtures we've got coming up Louis and Timmy will soon be in on the goals.

Cahill and Saha are 2 excellent 'forwards' - they need to support a striker. Both are assets to the club and offer completely different qualities but they like to take up the same kind of positions. Because of this they do not work as a partnership. Velios is a good player with great potential and this maybe the start of a very successful career but it's a lot to put on him to lead the line week in week out - I would like to see it tried again but I can see what Moyes is doing.

It is no secret that Moyes would love a striker in Jan as he has done for the past however many seasons then hopefully we will see Saha and Cahill rotated rather than together if Moyes can achieve this.

For now though Tim Cahill and Louis Saha are very important players for our club so they should be supported.

get rid of both of them, everyone says saha on his day but his day is 1-2 times a season the rest of the time he is like a little school girl always moanin when he cant score and cahill is a good servant for the club but time to move on, hes like 32 or sumit and not the player he used to be, give other people a chance ie vellios for saha and mabye drenthe in cahill role with gueye in drenthe position possibly or barkley in cahill role

Edited by drentheisnumber1

I love cahill for his spirit and what he has done for everton in the past but he isn't firing at the moment and needs to be used as an impact sub.

Saha as I have always said is a joke and should not be anywhere near the club too injury prone doesn't fit our game and cannot play up front alone. His first touch lets him down so often. When we signed Saha I hated the idea but we had other strikers. But to strip it down to have him as the main striker is moyes worst ever mistake. I honesty wish saha would just go. Velios is proof that a decent striker can score goals for everton but saha can't so lets get rid.

The partenship is not working either

Get a grip!

Same Saha bashers come out after he has a poor performance, but when Billy is shite everyone says 'ohh i feel sorry for him, he's not winger' maybe he isnt a winger, but he's still shite. Saha is the closest we've got to a goal scorer and we cant afford anyone better, for the injuries he has i think he's done very well. Was he a joke when he scored the quicket goal in F.A cup History? Was he a joke when he scored 4 against Blackpool last season? He's scored some very important goals for this club, and i think he's a good player. Okay he's not a rolls royce of strikers, but he's 33 and he's had a hell of a lot of injuries, most of which most players wouldnt of come back from!

Think people are expecting too much from vellios and gueye. Gueye seems to have this reputation already as some kind of vunderkind, and while he may be a good player, maybe he's not playing because he's not ready?

I think Moyes is fully aware of what Vellios is capable of, but also aware of the mistakes he could make, and what asking him to lead the line entails. This is Vellios' first full season with us, and to ask him to start ahead of Louis Saha would put immense pressure on him.

Cahill may be past his best, but he still helped create the goal for Tolis and he still knows what is required. plus, everyone has a bad run of form, and if you remember he went to the asia cup, came back injured, and for most of the second half of last season didn't play that much. He's had a run of games where his form has been poor, but his spirit is still there, and if it is, he can get form again. It's when the spirit ebbs away that a player truly becomes useless, it hasn't happened to either of them. What has actually happened is a bad run of games followed by two fortunate wins. While the team is confident it won't be until they start scoring again that they build up any kind of form. Personally, I think they are both one goal away from getting the hunger back, and as soon as they do they will start getting goals, not banging them in every game, but finishing the chances they should. 20 goals between the two of them for the season would be fine by me, so long as we can get half a dozen each from our midfielders, and fingers crossed, get another striker in jan to bolster our attack.

I honestly think the two are too similar and cannot play together.

It either needs to be Saha and Vellios or Cahill and Vellios.

Even at that it might not turn out because I am not sure if Vellios is ready to start every week.

I believe that David Moyes knows what he is doing and will make the right decision :)

Think people are expecting too much from vellios and gueye. Gueye seems to have this reputation already as some kind of vunderkind, and while he may be a good player, maybe he's not playing because he's not ready?

I think Moyes is fully aware of what Vellios is capable of, but also aware of the mistakes he could make, and what asking him to lead the line entails. This is Vellios' first full season with us, and to ask him to start ahead of Louis Saha would put immense pressure on him.

Spot on.

I honestly think the two are too similar and cannot play together.

It either needs to be Saha and Vellios or Cahill and Vellios.

Even at that it might not turn out because I am not sure if Vellios is ready to start every week.

I believe that David Moyes knows what he is doing and will make the right decision :)

...and I agree with this too!

Can see what your getting at, but how old was Rooney when he was starting regularly, and what about bale(18 when transferred to spurs), Jack Wilshire, Ramsey, Walcott? I don't think gueye or vellios are to young to be starting, how else do the gain match day experience without going out on loan, which we cant have as our squad is small enough as it is.

Edited by mogsy

gueye was one of if not the stand out player of the pre season games and then broke his toe and only just got back for the united game, if it wasnt for that injury im pretty sure based on his form he would be a first teamer 9/10 so far this season regardless of age and when he gets his fitness back 100 percent i see are future left winger and vellios is better than saha atm even if he is only 19 he may not drop as deep as saha or want to run with it from the halfway line but he does his job SCORE and saha is not and that is his job, if you were a journalist and you did no stories all month and a 19 yr old did 3-4 good ones he would get your job in a heartbeat. age has got nothing to do with it, its quality and end product that we need

That 1 really ought to be Saha, just let Vellios be the one who is the furthest forward, Saha can come short to pick the ball up and turn to find Vellios running at angles ready to recieve the ball with only one player marking him, bit too complicated for Moyes though eh? Never mind, I'll send him a diagram, now where's my crayons?dont%20know.gif

Saha (In Cahill's old role) supporting Vellios (as out and out striker).

Saha creates, Vellios finishes.

Saha's better outside the box, Vellios is better in.

Saha can 'see' the runs, Vellios 'makes' the runs.

I dont agree with you here, in theory anyway.

Saha is by far the best finisher we have at the club and whenever he is in the box with the ball he looks like he is going to score, the problem is he spends most of his time outside the box causing very little threat at all. We need him to start trying to get in behind the opposition defence rather than coming short all the time.

However, he will keep coming short, and at least Vellios playing ahead of him will give Saha the time and space he need to keep hold of the ball and bring others into play, so technically I do agree even if I feel it is a bit of waste.

I dont agree with you here, in theory anyway.

Saha is by far the best finisher we have at the club and whenever he is in the box with the ball he looks like he is going to score, the problem is he spends most of his time outside the box causing very little threat at all. We need him to start trying to get in behind the opposition defence rather than coming short all the time.

Bailey, that IS the problem and one that Saha obviously isn't going to change in the near future; so instead of DM trying to mold Saha into a player he evidentally doesn't wish to be, I've suggested utilising Saha's current strengths (that lie outside the box) with Vellios' key strengths being inside (fox in the box if you like).

And with paragraph two, im sure there's an oxymoron in there somewhere :P

Bailey, that IS the problem and one that Saha obviously isn't going to change in the near future; so instead of DM trying to mold Saha into a player he evidentally doesn't wish to be, I've suggested utilising Saha's current strengths (that lie outside the box) with Vellios' key strengths being inside (fox in the box if you like).

And with paragraph two, im sure there's an oxymoron in there somewhere tongue.png

Dont get me wrong I certainly see where your coming from, and I do technically agree. Although for the sake of discussion, I would suggest there are probably other players linking up the play than Saha, as I do find he is very wasteful at times. IMO his strengths lie in the box, but he can do a job outside it if he has the space and/or inclination.