IGNORED

Admission from Distin

Louis

A fan of speaking about Fulham draw:

I don't think there an easy team to beat but the everton of past few years should be looking at that as more than winnable!

Distin responds:

but we r not the everton of the past few years. We have to accept it

https://twitter.com/#!/sylvaind15tin/status/156075595585945600

Another fan follows up with:

bit negative there. Surely we are better than accepting it and if we are not we then we are in serious trouble

Distin then says:

as players there nothing we can do about the club s finance. All we can do is fight on the pitch

https://twitter.com/#!/sylvaind15tin/status/156075595585945600

Just seen some of his tweets on the feed on the official site. Basically saying that we aren't the Everton of the past few years, we don't have the financial power of other teams, and there's nothing the players can do about it other than fight on the pitch. All fair enough.

Distin isn't one of the players who concerns me, whereas I think a lot of other players out there could be doing a better job with more confidence and or effort.

You see, this is the kind of bull that really pisses me off. Does the clubs finansial concerns have an effect on the way proffessional football players play the game? Is being skint an excuse for Saha/Cahill not to score? Does having no money make Neville useless? Is the cash issue an excuse for any of the players that seem not to give 100% in each game?

In that case they can all pack their bags and head off to the Saudi league, or some russian team with cash. Cause I dont want them here.

Where is the heart? Fighting spirit etc?

Generally speaking those footballers are professionals.... a PROFESSION.

They don't love Everton (or any other team they play for).

They want to do well, and be in a successful winning team, and of course, along the way they get 'attached' to clubs sometimes, but they are paid to do a job, and won't play for Everton for free.

When their employer looks 'shaky' it will affect the team spirit. Players will start to wonder about their long term future and have heads turned by other teams who might offer better prospects, financially and in terms of trophies / prestige. Ultimately, that will result in a lack of 'fight'. Even if it's a 10% drop in motivation, 10% is a LOT in a premier league game.

I know we all love to believe players are Everton (or whatever club you support) through and through, but they aren't. You're lucky if you get 3 players in a team who are.

You see, this is the kind of bull that really pisses me off. Does the clubs finansial concerns have an effect on the way proffessional football players play the game?

Yes unfortunately when you sell your 2 most creative players the ones that use the ball better than anyone else in the team you end up with players who have noone to pass to, the ball is then hoofed up the pitch in the hope that your 1 striker can get hold off the ball. He then has to come deep to get said ball which leaves you with noone in the box!!

If you put Messi in our midfield im sure the players would look and play a lot better but that will never happen as we couldnt afford Messi's shoe laces at the minute.

We have the players we have.

We haven't added to our squad enough over the last few years to maintain our strength, and what is more we have actually taken away from it.

Without adding to the squad we have, we must accept the squad we have, and stop expecting it to produce miracles.

Certain players are at the end of their career now, and can't be expected to carry our team. Players such as Neville for example have been good for our club in many ways, but they are not at their best now. If they are picked, get behind them. If they are poor on the pitch, understand they are almost at retirement age, and should have their feet up now. It's not their fault they aren't 25 any more, nor is it their fault David has to rely on them.

Our situation is what it is.

Why do fans get frustrated 'every' week?

Understand the situation, and the frustration will be replaced by acceptance. If things get better, then great, but being frustrated, and venting the frustration is not good for anybody.

If your employer said "no promotion, no pay rise, I need you to get the results you used to get, but I'm gonna replace some of your workmates with less able ones".... would it affect your performance?

I think it would. You'd be demotivated, looking elsewhere, and wondering why you'd go the 'extra mile' for your paymasters.

And if the fans are on your back too - why would you go the extra mile for them either?

If the fans were still chanting your name, you MIGHT just take something from that and keep some enthusiasm in the face of adversity.... but there's a limit to how much enthusiasm the fans can keep drumming up too.

Not exactly what you want to hear. He also put on a previous tweet that he didnt want to face Liverpool or Chelsea... Its understandable, but the players clearly dont have belief in themselves and if thats the case its no surprise we are playing so poorly. If the belief isnt there, then we really are screwed because in previous seasons thats what has kept us going and helped us rise the table towards the end of the season.

Distin has always been one of the most vocal about the lack of finance/investment which I quite like. His heart is in the right place, because he wants Everton as a club to be in a better position than they are.... Either that or he wants a payrise! tongue.png

The clubs finances should not be in the mind of a player or bother a player at all.

The manager brought him in for a reason, to play and we pay him to play not to ponder the finances.

Plus, we have a capably squad that is able to win games and might win a trophy so he shouldn't think like that in the first place.

There is always a chance to win, whether you are the worse team. Instead of having all these negative thoughts he should focus on his confidence and what is going on, on the pitch. Plus, the players aren't even producing their best and that is not related to money, if they are doing their best but we are still losing then we have a problem.

I'm getting a bit sick and tired of hearing our lack of finances being used as an excuse for poor performances this season. We may not have the money other clubs around us, but how many clubs have had players of the calibre of rooney, rodwell and barkley come through their youth academies in the last 10 years, how many other clubs have enjoyed the stability of management we have over the last 10 years. The players at the club and the manager are far better than the performances of this season suggest and I think Moyes and the players need to stop making excuses and realise the poor performances are down to there own poor performances, not the financial situation at the club.

As abit of a side note both Arsenal and Newcastle have had net transfer spends over the last 5 years in minus figures (ours is about £1 million), both have been forced to lose players they didn't want to as have we, and both have rebuilt their squads and are improving this year, we are not.

Yes unfortunately when you sell your 2 most creative players the ones that use the ball better than anyone else in the team you end up with players who have noone to pass to, the ball is then hoofed up the pitch in the hope that your 1 striker can get hold off the ball. He then has to come deep to get said ball which leaves you with noone in the box!!

If you put Messi in our midfield im sure the players would look and play a lot better but that will never happen as we couldnt afford Messi's shoe laces at the minute.

If your employer said "no promotion, no pay rise, I need you to get the results you used to get, but I'm gonna replace some of your workmates with less able ones".... would it affect your performance?

I think it would. You'd be demotivated, looking elsewhere, and wondering why you'd go the 'extra mile' for your paymasters.

And if the fans are on your back too - why would you go the extra mile for them either?

If the fans were still chanting your name, you MIGHT just take something from that and keep some enthusiasm in the face of adversity.... but there's a limit to how much enthusiasm the fans can keep drumming up too.

A player like Neville, with the wages that he gets to PLAY FOOTBALL, should be able to complete a 5 meter pass without cocking it up regardless of any finansial concerns.

Loosing Arteta and Peanuts should not have this big of an effect on the team. We all agree that Peanuts was great, and that we now lack something on the left wing, but Arteta? If Felli and Rodwell is fit, loosing Arteta should not be an issue.

A player like Neville, with the wages that he gets to PLAY FOOTBALL, should be able to complete a 5 meter pass without cocking it up regardless of any finansial concerns.

Loosing Arteta and Peanuts should not have this big of an effect on the team. We all agree that Peanuts was great, and that we now lack something on the left wing, but Arteta? If Felli and Rodwell is fit, loosing Arteta should not be an issue.

You take the best 2 players out of a team and dont think it will have an effect? Really? Arteta used to come for the ball was always available and yeah hew didnt look to great the last year he was here but look at him now he has better players around him.

Rodwell and Felli are completely different players have you seen either of them play a defence splitting pass i havent. Rodwell is more than capable of making a run for that ball to be played to and Felli would happily win the ball for it to be played but as for playing it, Heitinga or Neville dont think so.

that'll be barkley's job in the future hopefully..i'd really love to keep rodwell, felli and barkley and build around those 3 in the middle..they could be immense in 5 years..i'd start it as often as i could this season as we are a lost cause and just get neville and cahill on the bench for emergencies...i think saha could play better with a better midfield he wouldn't have to fuck about coming deep with rodwell and barkley breaking forward...hopefully they can all get fit and get a try whilst we have donovan and drenthe for some wide balance..would moyes be brave enough to try that though?

I would accept lack of invention to a certain extent, what I do not accept is static players not giving options to the man on the ball, which results in hoofs and a loss of possession. Blimey, can the team sit and watch Swansea play? They do not have the quality we have but they play far better football, they do the basics and they do them well. Pass and move.

When you have a player with the experience of Neville, his pointing, shouting and inability to find his own man with a pass is a disgrace.

How many goals have been scored from open play versus set piece this season?

In my opinion, that may as well be Distin telling us he can't be bothered and that reasons the team aren't performing is because no money is being spent, which is a load of shite. most people on here have already expressed their feelings on how a player should not be affected by the clubs status and they're right! They should still be going out there each game and giving 100%, they're still paid 'x' times that of the average salary and partaking in a "job" that most people would die to have.

To blame the clubs finances is weak. And it wouldn't suprise me if DM or someone in the dressing room is using that reason as an excuse. Well its not. It's not good enough.

Swansea have been used as an example, tooo right they should. We have a squad, that on paper is top 10 if not top 8, and for me idicates that we should be playing better, irrelevant of the lack of investment.

Would you see the Spurs lads using the same excuse if they were in our position? No, doubt it.

You take the best 2 players out of a team and dont think it will have an effect? Really? Arteta used to come for the ball was always available and yeah hew didnt look to great the last year he was here but look at him now he has better players around him.

Rodwell and Felli are completely different players have you seen either of them play a defence splitting pass i havent. Rodwell is more than capable of making a run for that ball to be played to and Felli would happily win the ball for it to be played but as for playing it, Heitinga or Neville dont think so.

Sure it has an effect, but it shouldnt effect Nevilles ability to complete a 5 meter pass. Is the team worse? Yes, are the players playing as good as they can? No!