IGNORED

Ihateronaldo.com

Not going to slate you Steve but i  dont agree.

Its got no place in what used to be called sport, and anybody that does that to deliberately get an opponent sent off is a cheat. Its not only that, but todays players  let out blood curdling screams, and go rolling all over the floor, every time they get tackled, you'd think they've been hit by a juggernaut, :o   thats just to sway the REF into thinking they've been done by bad tackles. All this play-acting and gamesmanship has ruined the game.

This modern day game is not for me, its played by a lot of overpaid ponces, who might have done better,  going into the acting profession.

I played a lot of footy, sometimes 3 times a week for different teams, even when my team didnt have a game i would  get my bike out and peddle up to the ground to see if any teams were short of players. I loved it and won my last trophy,  a Cup Final Medal (losers) at 37, then hung my boots up.

In all that time i had never gone out to hurt or intimidate the opposition in any way, always went in hard but fair, and there was never any play acting of any sort, there was a few hard players around who tried to do me a few times but thats football in general, or thats the way it used to be, but not anymore cos those days have long gone, what we see nowadays is total rubbish in comparison.

Licker.

35495[/snapback]

;) thats when football was football licker B) to many actors now its like the oscars :( the games now tarnished with this

The blaming or the accusations at Ronaldo seem to me to just to be trying to cover over what Rooney did. How the Golden Boy of English football actually failed and failed miserably.

Dont get me wrong, Ronaldo is a twit and had no job in interfering with the game, then. But every team does that, wants the opponent to get booked for tackles.

Rooney had no business in touching the opponent. No two ways about it.

Sure, it wasnt probably a red and possibly a mistake from the ref, but why Rooney is getting so much sympathy (from many others if not from you) is beyond me. He raised his hands for little reason.

35683[/snapback]

I can see your point Xavier, but the ref would not of booked Rooney for the Challange only, in fact it should have been a free kick to England. Ronaldo knew Rooney would react in fact he said before the game that he would get Rooney sent off. I dont think Rooney would have raised his hands to any other Portugal player bar Ronaldo as for that split second right or wrong he saw his club team mate trying to get him sent off and he reacted as he expected more from a so called friend.

Funny i got exactly the same feeling in first year of senior school  :(

35586[/snapback]

Its sad to think about isn't it the old days, i'm 27 and washed up me, tried to play 5 a side a few weeks go and despite the old passing and touch, the legs wern't there!! gutting feeling like considering how decent i was, (Carlisle Utd YTS)

Hmm.

Ok, just heard that the ref has stated in his post-match report that Rooney was sent off for Kicking Carvalho and that Ronaldo had nothing to do with the incident.

35890[/snapback]

the ref can come out and say anythin he wants after the game, you only need to look at the footage to see the refs reaction

licker - i dont mean a player going out to hurt someone, i mean the type of challenge we talk about from the old days, going in hard to win the ball, if the player hits the deck its hard luck, not a foul. i mean fair play in a contact sport, not tryin to cheat to win, or goin down just for someone having their hands on your back

:angry:

or the worst ones where they get tripped up and they clutch thier face as if mike tyson delivered a smack in the gob

36053[/snapback]

:lol: one even fell over a blade of grass, and the bench were claiming a penalty :lol: they should be ashamed of themselfs tossers :angry:

I can see your point Xavier, but the ref would not of booked Rooney for the Challange only, in fact it should have been a free kick to England.  Ronaldo knew Rooney would react in fact he said before the game that he would get Rooney sent off.  I dont think Rooney would have raised his hands to any other Portugal player bar Ronaldo as for that split second right or wrong he saw his club team mate trying to get him sent off and he reacted as he expected more from a so called friend.

35771[/snapback]

I was fully in agreement that the ref didn't send him off for the stamp but having thought more about it I have to ask myself this,

If he didn't see see it, why did he give a foul to Portugal? If anything Judas was the one being fouled.

Seriously did I miss something or is there another explanation??

The ref gave the foul because Rooney was pulling on the defenders shorts to keep himself upright, got sent off for pushing the portuguese twat. The ref has then gone back to his hotel room and seen the incident and decided to say he sent Rooney off for the "stamp".

36648[/snapback]

:angry: thats because he doesnt want to look like a right tosser who got it wrong big time <_<