IGNORED

Ihateronaldo.com

Why is Ronaldo being scapegoated for the loss? It was Rooney who lost his cool.

35235[/snapback]

Who said that?

It clearly states on that website that Ronaldo cant be to blame for the loss but people need to see the level of "gamesmanship" involved on Saturday. Rooney was a prick, the team lost the game but Ronaldo activly tried to get Rooney sent off!

Why is Ronaldo being scapegoated for the loss? It was Rooney who lost his cool.

35235[/snapback]

Look at the replay Xavier. There is no way that Rooney was sent of for stamping...don't care what anyone says, the ref was standing pointing for a free kick, nothing more. He was sent off for pushing Ronaldo which is completely absurd. He didn't even raise his hands.

Not the reason we're out of the world cup? Maybe; we'll never know. But we've all seen Rooney running around like a headless chicken enough times to realise that he hadn't lost it on Saturday. Rooney shouldn't be scapegoated and Ronaldo isn't being scapegoated, just exposed for the obnoxious slime that he is.

Edited by mikeo

Look at the replay Xavier. There is no way that Rooney was sent of for stamping...don't care what anyone says, the ref was standing pointing for a free kick, nothing more. He was sent off for pushing Ronaldo which is completely absurd. He didn't even raise his hands.

Not the reason we're out of the world cup? Maybe; we'll never know. But we've all seen Rooney running around like a headless chicken enough times to realise that he hadn't lost it on Saturday. Rooney shouldn't be scapegoated and Ronaldo isn't being scapegoated, just exposed for the obnoxious slime that he is.

35279[/snapback]

I was going to say the same thing, the ref was standing there pointing for the free kick and wasnt even going to book Rooney until Ronaldo came over and Rooney pushed him away

cant believe how people are like this. it was same with urse meier 2 years ago.

we lost doesnt matter if it was rooney sent off or svens tactics. but jus forget about it. we all know ronaldo is a twit no need for a website for it.

as for letting him go. reminds me of yng po when south korea beat the italians. he was sacked from his club for scoring the golden goal

I was going to say the same thing, the ref was standing there pointing for the free kick and wasnt even going to book Rooney until Ronaldo came over and Rooney pushed him away

35289[/snapback]

;) agree totally lads, ron new what he was doing by getting the danger man off the pitch,so all this crap about him doing nothing to influence the ref is nonsence, look at the footage and look 4 the wink this lad needs a good slap with a figi*g bus :angry: i would be delighted to volenteer to be the driver ;)

i think it will be more than just fans, i can see a few england players gettin in on the act, gerrard, carragher, carrick, terry, lampard, cole & cole. and maybe a few other over passionate full backs (please let tony hibbert break the little fcuker!) besides, its worth a yellow card to see him hit the deck

i think it will be more than just fans, i can see a few england players gettin in on the act, gerrard, carragher, carrick, terry, lampard, cole & cole. and maybe a few other over passionate full backs (please let tony hibbert break the little fcuker!) besides, its worth a yellow card to see him hit the deck

35411[/snapback]

Spot on

to be honest im really lookin forward to seeing a good old fashioned crunching tackle, when play is aloud to continue! after watching some of the cheating little scum bags and puffy refs in this world cup, it makes the prem look like the old days! im sure Bailey would have shown the little poo a thing or two about tackles

i may get slated for this

i'm not agreeing with what ronaldo did (i hate him as much as everyone else)

but if rooney had done it to him then i think this thread would have been "nice 1 rooney"

dont get me wrong i hate him but i must say i have used these tactics before to get some one sent off well not running up to the ref and screaming at him but a sly kidney dig here and the odd standing on his toes there to provoke a reaction

i am not proud at all of what i did but i knew the lad i was doing it to would react because i played against him many times before he was built like rooney but acted like ronaldo so 20 mins into the game there goes a right hook to my shoulder (obviously i knew it was coming and wasn't going to take it on the chin) but as i said i'm not proud of it and i only did it ok to get a advantage but because he was a nob i never have done it again but if i met the same sort of person i might

but its a game with high stakes and they will try anything to get an advantage, and if rooney would have had it the other way we would still be laughing about it now

AGAIN LET ME STRESS I DONT AGREE WITH WHAT HE DID BUT WE HAVE TO LOOK AT WHAT OUR REACTION WOULD HAVE BEEN IF IT WAS THE OTHER WAY?

(now that should cause some debate)

i feel so much better getting that off my chest it was like confession (about gettin the other lad sent off i mean)

Edited by john_webby

i may get slated for this

i'm not agreeing with what ronaldo did (i hate him as much as everyone else)

but if rooney had done it to him then i think this thread would have been "nice 1 rooney"

dont get me wrong i hate him but i must say i have used these tactics before to get some one sent off well not running up to the ref and screaming at him but a sly kidney dig here and the odd standing on his toes there to provoke a reaction

i am not proud at all of what i did but i knew the lad i was doing it to would react because i played against him many times before he was built like rooney but acted like ronaldo so 20 mins into the game there goes a right hook to my shoulder (obviously i knew it was coming and wasn't going to take it on the chin) but as i said i'm not proud of it and i only did it ok to get a advantage but because he was a nob i never have done it again but if i met the same sort of person i might

but its a game with high stakes and they will try anything to get an advantage, and if rooney would have had it the other way we would still be laughing about it now

AGAIN LET ME STRESS I DONT AGREE WITH WHAT HE DID BUT WE HAVE TO LOOK AT WHAT OUR REACTION WOULD HAVE BEEN IF IT WAS THE OTHER WAY?

(now that should cause some debate)

i feel so much better getting that off my chest it was like confession (about gettin the other lad sent off i mean)

35472[/snapback]

B) fair play and a stiff upper lip :blink: its simple its called cheating, not very nice at all :angry:

Edited by Ola

Not going to slate you Steve but i dont agree.

Its got no place in what used to be called sport, and anybody that does that to deliberately get an opponent sent off is a cheat. Its not only that, but todays players let out blood curdling screams, and go rolling all over the floor, every time they get tackled, you'd think they've been hit by a juggernaut, :o thats just to sway the REF into thinking they've been done by bad tackles. All this play-acting and gamesmanship has ruined the game.

This modern day game is not for me, its played by a lot of overpaid ponces, who might have done better, going into the acting profession.

I played a lot of footy, sometimes 3 times a week for different teams, even when my team didnt have a game i would get my bike out and peddle up to the ground to see if any teams were short of players. I loved it and won my last trophy, a Cup Final Medal (losers) at 37, then hung my boots up.

In all that time i had never gone out to hurt or intimidate the opposition in any way, always went in hard but fair, and there was never any play acting of any sort, there was a few hard players around who tried to do me a few times but thats football in general, or thats the way it used to be, but not anymore cos those days have long gone, what we see nowadays is total rubbish in comparison.

Licker.

Edited by toffeelicker

Anywhere i could, to get a game. :) Played for several decent teams in the West Cheshire league, as it used to be called, Dont know what they call it these days. Started off as a Centre Forward and as i got older i dropped back to Midfield/Defence. Didnt have any fancy tricks or step-overs but i always gave a 100%, and knew how to put the ball in the net. :)

For the Last 4 years i played at Centre Half, I wanted to go on but knew i wasnt playing up to scratch, thats when i realised i wasnt as good as i used to be, and that was it really. Just packed it in. :(

Anywhere i could, to get a game. :)   Played for several decent teams in the West Cheshire league, as it used to be called, Dont know what they call it these days. Started off as a Centre Forward and as i got older i dropped back to Midfield/Defence. Didnt have any fancy tricks or step-overs but i always gave a 100%, and knew how to put the ball in the net.  :)

For the Last 4 years i played at Centre Half, I wanted to go on but knew i wasnt playing up to scratch, thats when i realised i wasnt as good as i used to be, and that was it really. Just packed it in. :(

35585[/snapback]

Funny i got exactly the same feeling in first year of senior school :(

Funny i got exactly the same feeling in first year of senior school  :(

35586[/snapback]

Same here fishman. Played on the right wing for my primary school and for championship winning cub football team..second top scorer, took all the corners and free kicks. And we used to play on proper sized pitches for 30 mins each way, not ten mins each half seven a side on postage stamp-sized pitches like kids do now (not that I'm saying that's a bad thing).

Then got to secondary school, went to the first training session with about a hundred others and realised I was not as good as I thought I was :( , considerably average in fact! End of dreams of playing for Everton :( .

Hey that's way off subject, sorry.

The blaming or the accusations at Ronaldo seem to me to just to be trying to cover over what Rooney did. How the Golden Boy of English football actually failed and failed miserably.

Dont get me wrong, Ronaldo is a twit and had no job in interfering with the game, then. But every team does that, wants the opponent to get booked for tackles.

Rooney had no business in touching the opponent. No two ways about it.

Sure, it wasnt probably a red and possibly a mistake from the ref, but why Rooney is getting so much sympathy (from many others if not from you) is beyond me. He raised his hands for little reason.

Anywhere i could, to get a game. :)   Played for several decent teams in the West Cheshire league, as it used to be called, Dont know what they call it these days. Started off as a Centre Forward and as i got older i dropped back to Midfield/Defence. Didnt have any fancy tricks or step-overs but i always gave a 100%, and knew how to put the ball in the net.  :)

35585[/snapback]

Have u got any tips for an asspiring centre forward licker?