IGNORED

Recoba

He was @ one stage a few seasons back the worlds highest paid player.

Ive alwyas had a thing for Alvero but at Everton?

Wow, I am not sure... great great player, can do anyhting ( If he can be assed).

However, I have always felt Recobba types slot in to top squads that can at times carry a bit of extra cxreativity etc.

I dont really feel we are that team....but why not...Sublime player.

Guest blueboy122

craacer how can u say a player is too good for Everton.Everton a massive club and u call ur self a true blue by sayin that mate no player is too gd for us nt even ronaldiniho no player is bigger or betta than the club they play for :D

craacer how can u say a player is too good for Everton.Everton a massive club and u call ur self a true blue by sayin that mate no player is too gd for us nt even ronaldiniho no player is bigger or betta than the club they play for :D

35624[/snapback]

as mikeo said its being realistic ... we're historically a big club, now, not so much, we're in a transition period i feel .... we are stil lsoem way away from competing for quality players, weve had a little bit of luck with arteta in that he wasnt cosnidered good enough in spain but he just fits into the english game well and being young coudl grow to be a top player

but players qwho are already quality or world class, which recoba certainly is (his left foot is 1 of the best if not the best in the world) we will have great difficulty even getting them to talk to us. thats just how it is, hopefulyl thigns will change but for now, ronaldinho is definately too big for us and always will be, and aso are pretty much every star in europe at the moment ...

in 10 years or so we may be a force again, but the current world class player will be goen then, the andy van der meyde's and such are probably the best we can do for now, liek boltondid gettign a few older players, its turned them around, so if we could possibly (i highly doubt it) get a player liek recoba or a few older quality players, it would be good for the youth players aswell as the team i nthe present, which does effect the future.

for me, Everton isn't a club that should consider any quality player too old, especially at 30

just my thoughts

Would he trade considerable earning power for regular first team football, I for one would love to see a true legend in blue, but methinks unlikely.

ATB

Mac

36167[/snapback]

:( no i dont think it will happen either mac, but you never know mate B)

He's what you call, a typical luxury player. Can be world class on his day but poo for the couple of weeks. And a sicknote. Can you expect him to give you 70 minutes on a cold wintry evening at Sheffield? Think not. Plus he'd be on monstrous wages. You'd be better of with Kilbane. :D

He's what you call, a typical luxury player. Can be world class on his day but poo for the couple of weeks. And a sicknote. Can you expect him to give you 70 minutes on a cold wintry evening at Sheffield? Think not. Plus he'd be on monstrous wages. You'd be better of with Kilbane. :D

36671[/snapback]

Bit like a certain Australian plaing over the dark side of the park..............!

36671[/snapback]

Thanks mate, I'd rather have Harriett Kewell then Killa, thats saying something.

ATB

Mac