IGNORED

The new England kit

I like it but I have to laugh at how Umbro will probably charge about £60 for it when it is almost identical to the last one. The World Cup one was the first vintage one and then they added the spots to the shoulders, since that shirt they have simply dropped the spots and replaced it with red piping.

I'll probably buy it for the European Championships to show my support but I won't be buying it at launch price.

I can understand not having the blue, since its not in out flag, but something about me struggles to support anything wearing red....

I liked the blue and like you say for me it's a struggle to support anyone that plays in red. I even go to the effort of always mentioning that my beloved Wigan Warriors play in Cherry and not red, because people who support teams in red are moronic.

Fat lot of good a new England kit is to me. Besides I'm not really a fan of international soccer although know loads of trivia and things in that respect, when the World Cup comes round every four years I have an interest in how the states do, and although we have done well in recent tourneys I am aware and realize enough we will never be serious contenders for World Cup Gold. The new England kit will probably retail at astronomical prices one may expect, they're manufactured for peanuts but we pay through the nose for the finished products. They'll be all the rage for this summer but when the team goes out eventually will most likely be quickly discarded, or they'll just bring out another strip and expect everyone to pay etc

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

What pisses me off most is the goalkeeper shirt. It's exactly the same as the one Tim Howard wore this year (which has been mass produced around many football clubs). We are an international team for fucks sake, can Nike not get their finger out and make a different design for the upcoming World Cup?

Stuff like this pisses me off, they are probably going to charge £60 for this new piece of clothing and it's a carbon copy of what has already been worn around Europe this season. Long gone are the days when a new strip was actually a new strip and a unique identity for the club or country in question.

It's navy, the same as it always has been. The trouble is that the photo-shoot you posted makes the kit look black.

Do you see what I mean about the goalkeeper shirt though? Copy & paste at its finest. It's embarrassing.