IGNORED

Incident in London today

Dalziel Kane

Getting reports of an Incident in North London with all sorts of mayhem going on, some guy going beserk making bomb threats and throwing PC equipment out of windows and furniture with it by all accounts. Actually it appears this first occured some hours ago but I only got news of it some 30 minutes ago, been out and about today.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but I did a quick scout around and could find no mention of it. The man threatened to let off some kind of Bomb device, transport around the immediate area was badly effected. I heard one rumor he failed a driving test (?) and went nuts and threatened all kinds of havoc on the basis of this. No one was hurt all said but it could have turned nasty, man was taken away for questioning etc.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-17869815

Getting reports of an Incident in North London with all sorts of mayhem going on, some guy going beserk making bomb threats and throwing PC equipment out of windows and furniture with it by all accounts. Actually it appears this first occured some hours ago but I only got news of it some 30 minutes ago, been out and about today.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but I did a quick scout around and could find no mention of it. The man threatened to let off some kind of Bomb device, transport around the immediate area was badly effected. I heard one rumor he failed a driving test (?) and went nuts and threatened all kinds of havoc on the basis of this. No one was hurt all said but it could have turned nasty, man was taken away for questioning etc.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...london-17869815

Thank god my daughter PASSED her driving test this week!

Oh hang on!........now I've got to get her a car, insure it, and bloody well put petrol in itsad.png , maybe it would have been cheaper to sort out a broken window and a crumpled pc in the drivewayunsure.png

Thank god my daughter PASSED her driving test this week!

Oh hang on!........now I've got to get her a car, insure it, and bloody well put petrol in itsad.png , maybe it would have been cheaper to sort out a broken window and a crumpled pc in the drivewayunsure.png

You should have bought her a bike, cheaper, no insurance, no petrol and it's healthier. ;)

It'd be cheaper to buy yourself a medium sized football club than to insure a newly qualified young driversad.png .

I thought better than to include it at the time of writing, but when I read,

'Furniture and Computers being thrown out of windows' -

I did seriously envisage some disgruntled TT participants getting in a rage over site problems.. unsure.png

And what makes you think it wasn't ?? rofl.gif

Because common sense dictates it wouldn't have been, it was just a very very very remote possibility, about a 0.0001 % chance or something.

I get in a fucking rage every now and again but wouldn't throw heavy items out of upstairs windows endangering lives below, but I have thought about it, but was on ground level at time of incident.

No, it was just some individual yesterday having a rant and making threats with some personal issues that the Police quickly defused, that's what they're there for etc.

Louis, she's got a bike in the shed, but flatly refuses to ride the 110 round trip to Norwich twice a week.......what are kids like!!.....I explained, she's bound to get back wind for one leg of the journey!

MikeO, Sons insurance was £2,000.....daughters quotes are coming in at around the £1,000.

This is Norfolk, there's a stage coach comes through the village once a week........they needs carssad.png

Can you be had for drink 'biking', it's not technically in charge of a motor vehicle etc, what powers do the Police have. Point being, I've had a few drinks myself on the pedals before but nothing too extreme and nearly always stick to designated cycle routes and am always very careful, always in control and able etc, I would never take one out on a sunday for a proper night out and instead rely on public transport or my wife simply drives back etc. I used to know of a select few who would go to the bars on their bikes, have a shit load of alcoholic beverages, the worse for wear and simply get onto cycles and 'ride' home, I tried pointing this out to one or few but what's the use, I suppose it's the 'it won't happen to me until it actually happens' mentality. I'm always very careful with this and just a beer or two is suffice, and stay off the roads when necessary or push, I don't go putting people in harms way, or better still feel hardly any effects whatsoever, would never drink and drive, not even a shandy, not a chance of it.

Drink ‘biking’? Seems a novel enough way to commit suicide. It’s not the police you have to watch out for here. It’s the taxis and buses, and the kids throwing stones from the side of the road. Deplorable conditions for cyclists here in Manchester.

Because common sense dictates it wouldn't have been, it was just a very very very remote possibility, about a 0.0001 % chance or something.

I get in a fucking rage every now and again but wouldn't throw heavy items out of upstairs windows endangering lives below, but I have thought about it, but was on ground level at time of incident.

No, it was just some individual yesterday having a rant and making threats with some personal issues that the Police quickly defused, that's what they're there for etc.

i find that hard to believe..

Drink ‘biking’? Seems a novel enough way to commit suicide. It’s not the police you have to watch out for here. It’s the taxis and buses, and the kids throwing stones from the side of the road. Deplorable conditions for cyclists here in Manchester.

Seems a bit odd (unless you mean because of the amount of bad drivers) as there are some good bike lanes, the Sky team practice in Manchester (seen them on Kingway a few times).

I thought you could only be had if you were actually riding one at the time, I heard various reports you could be as drunk as Oliver Reed at the Munich Oktoberfest but so long as you are pushing it along at the time there's little they can do. I suppose while not a motor vehicle or in charge of an engine etc, it still presents a hazard to other people and roadusers etc, it only seems right that the Police or whoever should clamp down on such things. Then they get all serious if anyone drops a crisp packet etc, automatic £60 fine or something fucking ridiculous, but it's usually those plastic ones, PCSOs or whatever they are, that bother with all that, I've never been done for anything like that, always would use a bin anyway if I even ate them.

Found a link actually and it gives me second thoughts now about having a drink or whatever next time out on two wheels. It's specifically targets heavy drinkers, too much liquor or under the effects of narcotics etc, so that's outside my category so I should be safe enough as always etc

http://ukcyclerules.com/2010/09/21/can-you-ride-when-youve-been-drinking/

Seems a bit odd (unless you mean because of the amount of bad drivers) as there are some good bike lanes, the Sky team practice in Manchester (seen them on Kingway a few times).

I ride in and out of the city centre every day, and use the Kingsway. You can take my word for it. The roads are full of potholes, the cycling lanes conveniently run out when you need them, and the chances of an accident are high. The Sky team may practise there – I’m sure there’s a good number of them and they command a lot of room. A single cyclist like most of us are have no such comforts. Take it from me, Manchester roads are dangerous. We’ve been running campaigns for years to get them improved.

It's not just Manchester, you could take your pick from most major cities in the UK, I try to stay away from the City Center and rely on other means to get about, it's different when you're out of town or nearer the coast, feel so much better but there's always an element of danger wherever you go, you just have to be senisble and respect other road users and people out and about and you'll be alright.

Cycle lanes are fucking ridiculous, sometimes they last about 10 yards even, what's the good in that, better to go on designated cycle tracks on coastal routes if you can get them, but in urban areas even the lanes aren't always marked correctly and are inadequate in that they are so short and not worth even being put down in the first place.

Look at what some beauts did in Cardiff a year or two ago, why these people go to the trouble of these things is a mystery.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8599140.stm

I ride in and out of the city centre every day, and use the Kingsway. You can take my word for it. The roads are full of potholes, the cycling lanes conveniently run out when you need them, and the chances of an accident are high. The Sky team may practise there – I’m sure there’s a good number of them and they command a lot of room. A single cyclist like most of us are have no such comforts. Take it from me, Manchester roads are dangerous. We’ve been running campaigns for years to get them improved.

Lloyd street in particular stands out for me, used to be terrible, but thought the council had done a good job filling the roads in.