IGNORED

Champions League Final

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just something else to get animated about, or could well be.

I've never bought into this 'Good for Britain' crap, obviously it's lost on me, do you think if Feyenoord won the European Cup then Ajax supporters would see it as 'good for Netherlands' etc, it's a one off game with a UK side involved and a lot of other UK supporters don't like them very much, the 'good for the country' mentality is only shown by a percentage.

So if Chelsea win tonight and you know what they'll fucking do, either grab a score early on by way of a bizarre goal or not even that and just barricade themselves in and play 10 men behind the ball, on the oppositon's home country a la Steaua Bucharest 1986 and see it out by the lottery of penalty strikes etc, that's no way to be 'champs of Europe' but I think they already have a game strategy in mind, it did for Barcelona and it will do for the Final, let's stifle the game and bore everyone to fucking tears with our stale approach and see where it takes us, by god I was thinking of Moyes just then even and it has nothing to do with us.

I make no secret of the fact I don't like them, little plastic charlatan soccer team non existent before 1997 or that Russian's spending sprees and if they grab or stifle a win tonight then they can add it to their recent haul of honors in the last decade or so and nothing much before that. dry.png

Supporting Chelsea tonight because I hate the Germans. Coulden't bring myself to support Bayern even though Chelsea have a few knobs in the team, I must say that I have higher thoughts about Lampard after his pre-match interview (even though I liked him a lot before anyway). I think that Chelsea have started the better team, Munich have had a few chances but they are containing them well, I actually believe that the underdogs can win this.

supportin chelsea just to piss the teabag off

Spurs will struggle to keep/attract players if they dont qualify so will make it easier for us if they dont qualify, whereas Chesea have the wages so wont struggle as much. Dodgy 'Arry just makes it sweeter. (Sorry Paul)

10 shots for Bayern (2 on target) 2 shots for Chelsea (1 on target). Says it all really, Kalou came really close just now with Chelsea's second shot but they really need to do more to walk out of the Allianz with the trophy. Munich's attacking is good and cracks are appearing in the Chelsea defence, I hate to see it but I can see them leading soon.

Edit: Gomez should have scored that.

Edited by Zoo

I'll bet you anything you like the fucking plastics get a win this night. dry.png

I can see it now, hasn't been a very favorable day and I think this will just crown it all with regards to the last few hours. dry.png

I'm not watching it, no radio commentary, nothing.

I'd rather lie down in a dark room with a big fan on, if they do it, then so be it, what the fuck can I do about it.

They'll always be a small, plastic, nothing club with no history, whatever they do this night will not change that. You know damn well what's going to happen.

I'll bet you anything you like the fucking plastics get a win this night. dry.png

They'll always be a small, plastic, nothing club with no history, whatever they do this night will not change that. You know damn well what's going to happen.

I find this post laughable, you say this about Chelsea yet support Manchester City?

Anyway, Bayern will be more happy at half time IMO, they have been the better side and will be frustrated at not going 1-0 up in the first 45 but cracks are forming in the Chelsea defence. If Chelsea score first then I still think they will remain underdogs due to Bayerns offensive style of play, I believe that if things stay the way they are (in terms of performance) then Munich will be the winners.

cahill has twinged his hamstring a bit too it seems...can't see him lastin the 90 and beyond if needed...bayern would eat bosingwa up at cb i reckon

Cahill has done well tonight IMO. But I agree with you on the point about Bosingwa, which defenders do they have on the bench Marco? Because obviously the likes of John Terry are in-eligable to be picked.

Edit: If that Drogba effort would have gone in I would have self-creamed.

Edited by Zoo

Cahill has done well tonight IMO. But I agree with you on the point about Bosingwa, which defenders do they have on the bench Marco? Because obviously the likes of John Terry are in-eligable to be picked.

Edit: If that Drogba effort would have gone in I would have self-creamed.

No one. Be Bosinga/Mikel will either move there or Romeu, Essien,or Ferraira come on.

Florent Malouda coming on, I wonder who he will be replacing. Chelsea are starting to get dangerous too I might add, two good chances in the space of a minute for them and suddenly I can see them winning this one in normal time.

Edit: Ryan Betrand off (suspected injury).

Edited by Zoo

Bayern Munich 1 Chelsea 0 (Muller 82')

It's been a really boring match but Muller has broken the dead-lock. A scruffy header which hits the ground and then bounces up onto Cech's bar and into the goal. Not much that Petr could have done but its been coming, Munich have had around 20+ attempts whilst Chelsea have had around 5. They have tried to defend for the full 90 and have fallen 82 minutes short.

Torres on for Kalou (playing on the right-wing).

Yellow card for David Luiz too.

Edited by Zoo

Absolute fluke the goal, heads it down and scores off the bar, very lucky. Harsh to lose a final to a goal like that.

I both agree and disagree with you Pete. It's a fluke goal and its harsh on Chelsea but it has been coming, they have no attacked Munich at all and have defended for the full 90 minutes, it's been coming and the chances that Bayern have missed have been made up for with this fluke of a goal, IMO Chelsea are lucky not to be around 3-0 because if Bayern would have brough their 'A' game tonight then this game would be dead and buried by now.

fuckin hell zoo are you hoverin over the keyboard watchin this laugh.png

Got my laptop at the side here so I can see all the Champions League-esqe tweets :haha:

You're all going to call me for this but I actually had a feeling Chelsea would get it back even though there was little time remaining. It's a world class header I have to say and I actually went mental when that goal went in, since the KO I've been converted into a full Chelsea-fan (for 90 minutes at least).

I both agree and disagree with you Pete. It's a fluke goal and its harsh on Chelsea but it has been coming, they have no attacked Munich at all and have defended for the full 90 minutes, it's been coming and the chances that Bayern have missed have been made up for with this fluke of a goal, IMO Chelsea are lucky not to be around 3-0 because if Bayern would have brough their 'A' game tonight then this game would be dead and buried by now.

Bayern deserved the goal, 'and a goal is a goal' but it would be unfitting for a goal of that standard win the champs league.

Got my laptop at the side here so I can see all the Champions League-esqe tweets :haha:

You're all going to call me for this but I actually had a feeling Chelsea would get it back even though there was little time remaining. It's a world class header I have to say and I actually went mental when that goal went in, since the KO I've been converted into a full Chelsea-fan (for 90 minutes at least).

so did i ;)

was just about to put a tenner on drogba to score too :shaking fist:

Bayern deserved the goal, 'and a goal is a goal' but it would be unfitting for a goal of that standard win the champs league.

I see where you're coming from now. I thought you was saying that Bayern didn't deserve to win because it was a flukey goal, my mistake :)