IGNORED

Champions League Final

A few Tottenham fans are calling for Harry's head because they've missed out on the Champions League, a few of them are also calling the Europa League a mickey mouse cup and that its not worth winning next year. It's harsh I think because they've had a good campaign up till around February but because its Harry Redknapp I find it rather amusing.

Gareth Bale to FC Barcelona in the summer? That would be interesting. Watch this space.

Can't see it happening, Barca players need to have all round ability, and most of all clean passing. Bale is a one trick pony, more kick and run after it, than pass and move.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nikica

Alright? Haven't been around - was finishing a final assignment and been revising for an exam. Tonight was a sickener for sure.

Cheated their way past Napoli with Drogba's diving, Benfica denied a stonewall penalty in Lisbon, Barcelona missing chance after chance in the semi especially in the first leg, and then there's Drogba's constant diving in said first leg.

Outplayed tonight by a Bayern who weren't even on top form, but still managed to be profligate in front of goal and give Chelsea a lifeline.

Chelsea's football is dire. The only player of any creativity that they have is Mata.

Then there's Spurs. I feel really bad for them. Been better than Chelsea all season, but robbed of their CL place by a flukey cup run.

At least in 2005 Liverpool (who were shite) fought back into the game (as well as it being Milan complacency). It was a fluke but nothing like this. This Chelsea team is just so negative and shite.

I don't care about the money etc (as in their spending in football terms, I do care about Roman stealing from the Russian people) , that doesn't bother me, same as it doesn't with City. What I care about is Chelsea's constant cheating and shite football to win this trophy. This is a terrible night for football purists.

Fucking cunts.

Cole, Lampard and Terry lifting the trophy. Vile.

Also, anyone equating Manchester City with Chelsea because of the 'sugar daddy' aspect needs to have a serious word with themselves. That aside, the clubs are very different.

Finally, what's with all this 'I support the English team' bollocks? The only reasons I would ever support any Scottish team other than Rangers in Europe is the coefficient and because our teams being pissed all over reflects poorly on Rangers as they're our opposition. England don't need the coefficient points or the reputation to be regarded as a top league as they're there already, so what's with the 'I support the English team'?

To quote a famous man, 'patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel'.

Edited by Nikica

Guest Nikica

Has anyone actually said that?

Zoo said it I believe.

Anyway, it's more a reference to football fans in general. I notice it often with English fans especially. It's like they want the PL to be successful so they can continue to brag about how it's 'the best league in the world'. The bragging rights seem to be of more importance than historical tribal rivalry.

Absolute fucking weirdos. Not so much those who are patriotic, more those want teams to do well so they can spout their shite about league A being better than league B.

Edited by Nikica

Guest Nikica

Supporting Chelsea tonight because I hate the Germans.

Sorry, it's not patriotism which drove his support of Chelsea, but xenophobia. That's so much better then rofl.gif

Guest Nikica

I misread his post, and am now admitting so.

Nevertheless, rooting for Chelsea because he 'hates the Germans' rather than 'loves the English' isn't exactly an improvement. Although, as we all know, patriotism and xenophobia are directly connected. Yes, I am implying that anyone who is overly in love with their own country is bigoted against others. In the case of Britain, these types tend to read the Daily Mail and are sickeningly subservient to that daft old bat who is the 'head of state'.

As for Zoo, he's sound, I have talked to him about various things. I just think his 'reasoning' for supporting Chelsea tonight is cringeworthy. It's nothing personal - I'd say the same if it was my mum who said what he did.

Edited by Nikica

Guest Nikica

Anyway, I realise the above comes across as cuntish. I can be a bit of a prick in terms of my political views. I am very much to the left. Apologies to all involved. I just don't believe in patriotism or the monarchy. In fact, I think both are evil and intended to divide people.

Edited by Nikica

Anyway, I realise the above comes across as cuntish. I can be a bit of a prick in terms of my political views. I am very much to the left. Apologies to all involved. I just don't believe in patriotism or the monarchy. In fact, I think both are evil and intended to divide people.

St. Pauli you're second team? I'm more anarchistic in my views but states aren't trust worthy enough for it to work.

Zoo started off for Munich, think the swap was helped more by them being the underdog and getting battered.

Guest Nikica

St. Pauli you're second team? I'm more anarchistic in my views but states aren't trust worthy enough for it to work.

Zoo started off for Munich, think the swap was helped more by them being the underdog and getting battered.

I don't have a 'second team' per se, I believe in only supporting one club, but I do like to see certain clubs dotted around Europe and even South America do well. I have a lot of respect for St Pauli and their fans share many of my political beliefs. There are 'links' between Celtic-St Pauli and Rangers-Hamburg, but I don't go in for any of that 'we have an affinity' bollocks - if I did I would have been supporting Chelsea last night. I'm not that petty. As such, yes, I do like to see St Pauli prosper. I don't particularly follow the club, but I have read a bit about them and if I see they've had a good result it makes me happy.

Yeah, I have anarchistic sympathies as well, in the sense that I don't really believe in states - as I say I think they are divisive and segregate rather than bring together. I like the idea of one global society, but it's probably not practical and with the way the world is now it is a pretty capitalist idea, which I would be very against. However, as states exist, I'd rather there was no 'establishment' as such and nations were more fair socially. I don't have firmly concrete views to the extent that if I think one thing I can't be open to something else, as such, but my main starting point is that I am an egalitarian and believe everyone in life should be equal and deserve the same opportunities. It's an impossible ideal sadly, but it's one worth having on the basis of principle.

Fair play, I thought his first post in here was before the game (where he said he hated the Germans), but to be fair when I logged on I was raging about the result so might have jumped the gun somewhat.

Edited by Nikica

who the fuckin hell are tottenham?? get the cunts out of the europa league if it isn't fuckin good enough for them...this is why i hate the idiots cos in general they think they're far far bigger and better than they are!

as for liverpool they're just bitter cunts cos they're now havin a fall from grace and seriously need to get over it

Guest Nikica

Aye, I don't like the disrespect they've shown to the EL, which I have enjoyed more than the CL this season, but they still deserved their place in the play-off round of the CL and have had it stolen from them.

I don't think the title holders should gain automatic entry if they can't qualify through their league. FIFA made it compulsory for the World Champions to qualify for the World Cup from 2006, so why can't UEFA follow their example with the CL? Most teams who win the tournament qualify for the next season via the league anyway, but in these rare occurrences nobody would be screwed. You can say that World Cup qualificiation and CL qualification are completely different, and they are, but the point still stands.

Guest Nikica

they had the chance to finish 3rd...they didn't..their own fault...fuck um

Yeah, but the rules clearly state that finishing fourth in England earns a play-off round spot. It's not fair that Chelsea's cup run can rob them of that, although I do grant you that the rules are also already in place that 4th goes out of the window in the event of Chelsea doing what they did.

Five CL teams from one nation would be overkill for me (old wounds for you, so won't get into that), so some solution must be found in case this happens again. It's not just Spurs - Anderlecht now have to come through the qualifying rounds. Had Bayern won, they'd have gone straight into the groups.

I don't care much about Spurs either generally - but I'd say the same for any club, even Celtic lol.

Edited by Nikica

Guest Nikica

Also, they did have their chance to finish third, because they started well and fell away, but let's think of it in reverse...what if Newcastle had managed to clinch fourth, having hovered in fifth and sixth all season? Then we'd say it's a travesty that their strong finish wasn't to be rewarded, even though they'd have finished in the exact same position as Spurs.

It shouldn't matter if you started strongly then fell away, or started well but then finished even better to take fourth - they're both different ways to look at i.e. one is a bottle-job and the other is an admirable finish, but they deserve the same reward as they result in the same finishing position.

Also, they did have their chance to finish third, because they started well and fell away, but let's think of it in reverse...what if Newcastle had managed to clinch fourth, having hovered in fifth and sixth all season? Then we'd say it's a travesty that their strong finish wasn't to be rewarded, even though they'd have finished in the exact same position as Spurs.

It shouldn't matter if you started strongly then fell away, or started well but then finished even better to take fourth - they're both different ways to look at i.e. one is a bottle-job and the other is an admirable finish, but they deserve the same reward as they result in the same finishing position.

rules are rules...end of story..i might feel bad if redknapp wasn't such a prick

Guest Nikica

rules are rules...end of story..i might feel bad if redknapp wasn't such a prick

Fair play about the rules - but can you see from that post what I mean about the fact they fell away not being a valid reason for them deserving to be punished?

I can see both views though. I do see where you are coming from.

Agree about Arry though.

Edited by Nikica

"Following their champions league win, Chelsea fans have signed a 1 year extension to remain at the club, they had been strongly linked to Manchester City"

‎"Today Chelsea had to cancel their parade, the bus they planned to use is still parked in front of the goal in Munich"

i'd have thought he would have stayed at barca if he wasn't serious about the year out surely?

Nah i watch a fair bit of the spanish football, and you could see that he had had enough. There is talk this morning of Redknapp to Chelsea Edited by theprisoner

Roman will now try to use the CL win to tempt Guadiola imo, and i think Chelsea will spend mega bucks over the summer, they need a big clear out anyway.

Guardiola has said many times that he is taking a break from football so that he can relax and do other things. I doubt highly that he would be the new Chelsea manager (this season at least).

As for what's been said before I've taken no offence to what Nikica has said, I can see how it could come across as being a bit arrogant but I've known him long enough now to know that he's a pretty sound guy, I supported Chelsea last night because I have some pride in my country and because Chelsea were massive underdogs on the night, I coulden't see myself shouting for a German team as they pissed all over the English, it just dosen't feel right.

Haven't really seen Barcelona this season apart from in the Champions League when they were dominating. Why has Guardiola had enough? My guess at first was that he'd just grown sick of constantly being in the job but it sounds as if something more has happened behind the scenes, from a neutral like myself the Barcelona job seems like a manager's dream but I'm guessing either Marco or Pris could shed some light onto how it isn't..

so do i and i know he looked like had enough but that just could have been of football..he's been in it non stop since he was about 16...i just couldn't see him goin to another club just yet..said he wanted time with his family

Yeah we will see, he always said he wants to come and manage in England, and i think the shite are dreaming if they think he will go there tbh, but in football you just never know.