IGNORED

Netherlands vs Denmark / Germany vs Portugal

The whilst had clearly gone, the German goalscorer (Gomez was it) should count himself lucky for getting away with that without a ticking off for kicking the ball away. I've gone with Germany for the win today against the Portugese but I have a funny feeling that I'm going to be wrong, Ronaldo seems to have brought his 'A' game today.

The whilst had clearly gone, the German goalscorer (Gomez was it) should count himself lucky for getting away with that without a ticking off for kicking the ball away. I've gone with Germany for the win today against the Portugese but I have a funny feeling that I'm going to be wrong, Ronaldo seems to have brought his 'A' game today.

Not disputing about when the whistle was blown, but the fact it was blew so early.

Fair enough then.

I would still argue however that he probably woulden't have scored. All of the Portugese stopped because the whistle had gone allowing him to score, had the whistle gone he may not have scored and we would be arguing that the whistle should have gone for a free-kick.

Portugal will be happy to go into the break at 0-0.

all Ronaldo needs with that haircut is a little black mark under his nose and he'll be a tanned, pretty-boy version of Hitler!

His hair is more Cary Grant (or Clark Gable if you add a pencil 'tash), very dapper imo. But he should be no where near a football pitch like that, his head must be sweating buckets.

Edited by pete0

Sad to see that the Germans have got the goal but at least it might spice up the next 15 minutes. I actually think that Portugal have been the better side in the second half, either that or my immense dislike Germany has me wanting anyone that plays them to do well.

Time for the likes of Ronaldo and Nani to step up and make themselves count.

Edit: Germany have opened up, can see them winning this one 2 or 3 nil now.

Edited by Zoo

I hope the Germans do well. I like their tactics as well. Left footed Podolski on the left, right footed Müller on the right, width in the side and get crosses in. A lot better than the Dutch tactics where Robben beats his man, only to run into a crowd and have a very unlikely shot at goal.

Eh?, why seperate threads for Euro fixtures when there's already a specific one to accomodate everything etc.

In any event, I was a little surprised with The Netherlands having a slip yesterday, I do hope they can get back into this and progress etc, Germany are one of the favorites and probably the most successful Euro team ever, always up there when the prizes are handed out and this year may be no different.

All the same, I'll be real glad when it's all over.

Eh?, why seperate threads for Euro fixtures when there's already a specific one to accomodate everything etc.

In any event, I was a little surprised with The Netherlands having a slip yesterday, I do hope they can get back into this and progress etc, Germany are one of the favorites and probably the most successful Euro team ever, always up there when the prizes are handed out and this year may be no different.

All the same, I'll be real glad when it's all over.

thought it would be better to open match-day threads for match specific chatter. Dont open if youre not interested

Guest Nikica

Holland should have destroyed Denmark, Sneijder was brilliant. They could have taken the lead against Germany as well but they lost confidence after a bright start. Portugal are mind-numbingly dull to watch and the sooner they are out of the tournament the better.

Ronaldo and Van Persie (Germany goal aside) bottling big tournaments was incredibly predictable. RVP has been built to the heavens on the strength of 18 good months and a career of mediocrity prior, and Ronaldo hasn't had a good tournament since Germany 2006. Both have been missing chances that my 8 year old cousin could have converted.

They still have the chance to make me eat my words but knowing what a bottler Ronaldo is it won't happen. Apparently he had a dig at Messi after one of the games, jealous bastard.

Edited by Nikica

Guest Nikica

His hair is more Cary Grant (or Clark Gable if you add a pencil 'tash), very dapper imo. But he should be no where near a football pitch like that, his head must be sweating buckets.

Not to sound gay here but Ronaldo is much uglier than Cary Grant or Clark Gable. They might have been able to pull off the suave, sophisticated look but Ronaldo certainly can't.

He should stick to being a greasy, spotty, slimey looking metrosexual and egocentric Portuguese who appeals to slags, desperate gay men and older women. He can't pull off the refined gentleman look.

Edited by Nikica

Not to sound gay here but Ronaldo is much uglier than Cary Grant or Clark Gable. They might have been able to pull off the suave, sophisticated look but Ronaldo certainly can't.

He should stick to being a greasy, spotty, slimey looking metrosexual and egocentric Portuguese who appeals to slags, desperate gay men and older women. He can't pull off the refined gentleman look.

Strictly on about the hair. Ronaldo is an ugly duckling, it winds me up when the girls go on about him, as the same girls would tell a greasy waiter/barmen on holiday that looked the same to fuck off.

I can't find a thread for last nights games but was genuinely disappointed to see Holland go out so early and with three defeats, it was a shock to me. They just didn't have the motivation sometimes and I think some players never turned up, or the weight of a favorites tag played a part in their undoing, it was a pity to see such a normally good side go out in the group stages. Germany seem to be the team to beat and It's very likely they will take this title for their first team success since 1996