IGNORED

Netherlands vs Denmark / Germany vs Portugal

Might have a cheeky bet today, either that or I'll save it till tomorrow when I'm down the pub. I'm thinking to wins today for both the Netherlands and Germany. I think that Holland are far superior to the Danish and whilst I think Portugal will give the Germans a run for their money I believe that Germany will have too much fire-power up front for Portugal to take (plus a solid defence with the likes of Neuer).

Pleased with my tips so far too, here's to 4 from 4! :)

i reckon germany won't get through the groups

I hope you're right. Today will give an indication as to how good they are, even though I've tipped them for the win I'll be fully behind Portugal tonight. Like the commentators said a while ago Germany are on a slight up-hill battle because they have plenty of Bayern Munich stars who are all still hurt after the Champions League Final, I think it's debatable how much this will come into play but if it does then Portugal surely have to take advantage.

Netherlands and Germany double today, and might go for Robben and Ozil anytime. Both teams to score is worth a shot as well. Cant wait to see Bendtner, he's either going to be quality or throw a hissy fit if they start getting spanked by everyone.

bugger, cleansheet bonus gone. Great finish but completely against the run of play...

Great goal like you said but I (like most people) didn't see it coming.

Was anyone brave enough to tip Denmark for the win tonight?

Great goal like you said but I (like most people) didn't see it coming.

Was anyone brave enough to tip Denmark for the win tonight?

pretty sure the bookies are rubbing their hands together, the majority will have been betting against i would imagine

pretty sure the bookies are rubbing their hands together, the majority will have been betting against i would imagine

Not many will have betted on Denmark like you say Matt, good day for the bookies so far. Regarding your stat though even though its interesting I still think that Holland will win, they have just hit the post with Robben and I believe that if they come out fighting in the next half then they could do some damage. They won't want to settle for a point with Portugal and Germany to come so IMO it's going to be an Oranje victory!

Afelley (sp) looks good too!

the dutch gettin closer you feel...although they can't seem to get in the area

I've been saying since Denmark scored that the dutch would bounce back but they just can't seem to hit the target. It's getting to the stage now where I think that the Danish will see it through. With the pressure that the Netherlands will now be under will they be the shock of the tournement? Will they be the Italy of 2010 or the France of 2002?

My short-lived 100% record has gone. I was fully-expecting Holland to win like most people, I'm just taking comfort from the fact that most of ToffeeTalk's tipsters will have done the same and it might save me at the top of the table.

Well done to Denmark however, they kept the Netherlands at bay and it's given them real belief to qualify for the finals now, whether they will is a different matter altogether. Holland have it all to do now (commiserations Johnny).

another referee blunder which couldve been so important. Finishing just not good enough....

Penalty for me. I'm not too arsed though because I don't think Holland deserved the point, they made a bucket-load of chances and just wasted them all (Robben especially).

Edited by Zoo