IGNORED

Choc-ice gate

It's a farce really.. the amount of news coverage it received was a joke.

The mans a joke. He was slating anyone who would listen over Terry and missing out on England pointing out they're racists, then stepped on a rake and got found out. It also needed the coverage as Rio is a powerful role model to kids on Twitter (payed handsomely by advertises for his influence) and he encourages a divide get no where with his segregation attitude.

Plus I hate him.

i dont like or dislike rio,but because he answered a tweet doesnt make him a racist.

i think its all getting a bit silly now,and its all suarez fault ha.

It was definitely racist. He agreed Cole was a choc ice and laughed about it. The man's an idiot.

It was definitely racist. He agreed Cole was a choc ice and laughed about it. The man's an idiot.

thought like-coloured skinned people could make light of the "derogatory" terms between themselves?

Choc-ice is not even close to being racist. The whole think is a farce, as Louis said.

thought like-coloured skinned people could make light of the "derogatory" terms between themselves?

Choc-ice is not even close to being racist. The whole think is a farce, as Louis said.

Choc ice is very racist. Its saying your not black, and in the context Rio used, was basically calling Cole a sell out to the white man. Ferdinand would have more of a stance if he was on about Cole forgetting his culture (which is improbable in this case), the thick cunt obviously believes there should be a colour divide and promotes a ghetto culture.

Choc ice is very racist. Its saying your not black, and in the context Rio used, was basically calling Cole a sell out to the white man. Ferdinand would have more of a stance if he was on about Cole forgetting his culture (which is improbable in this case), the thick cunt obviously believes there should be a colour divide and promotes a ghetto culture.

:blink: how did you get that conclusion?!?!

Pretty sure Cole reacted very quickly to say he wasnt offended and the explanation I saw was that Ferdinand was laughing at the comparison. I did too, its quite a clever comparison, does that make me racist?!

blink.png how did you get that conclusion?!?!

Pretty sure Cole reacted very quickly to say he wasnt offended and the explanation I saw was that Ferdinand was laughing at the comparison. I did too, its quite a clever comparison, does that make me racist?!

Just the way he is, not that tweet alone. He is very them and us.

That's Cole taking the high road, and laughing at him for being dumb.

Just the way he is, not that tweet alone. He is very them and us.

That's Cole taking the high road, and laughing at him for being dumb.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-18870695

In a statement, issued through his lawyers, Mr Cole said: "Ashley Cole wishes to make it clear that he and Rio Ferdinand are good friends and Ashley has no intention of making any sort of complaint.

"Ashley appreciates that tweeting is so quick it often results in off-hand and stray comments."

Thats not taking the high road Pete, thats seeing that theres nothing offensive in the comment and not making a meal out of it.

I follow Rio on twitter and ive not seen anything to suggest that hes promoting anything else other than his caps. Think youre letting your hatred of the man cloud your vision here.

Just sounds like Cole can't be bothered taking it any further.

How isn't it offensive?

It's part of the reason why I hate him.

He cant be bothered taking it further because theres nothing in it and its just his mate having a laugh at someone else joke. Its that simple.

Is it now racist to compare someone to an ice cream?! If you see a strong black guy and you say hes built like a bull, is that racist? Is it racist to call a skinny white guy with dark hair a matchstick? Is it racist to say a strong black guy is built like a brick shit-house? Last one i could see how it may be twisted into a racist statement, but at the end of the day the term brick shit-house is just slang for "that guy is big and strong". Theres nothing racist in any of them, its simply a comparison using slang, and the slang isnt derogatory so whats the issue

Ive probably opened a can of worms there.....

Anyway, how is it offensive?

Edited by Matt

He cant be bothered taking it further because theres nothing in it and its just his mate having a laugh at someone else joke. Its that simple.

Is it now racist to compare someone to an ice cream?! If you see a strong black guy and you say hes built like a bull, is that racist? Is it racist to call a skinny white guy with dark hair a matchstick? Is it racist to say a strong black guy is built like a brick shit-house? Last one i could see how it may be twisted into a racist statement, but at the end of the day the term brick shit-house is just slang for "that guy is big and strong". Theres nothing racist in any of them, its simply a comparison using slang, and the slang isnt derogatory so whats the issue

Ive probably opened a can of worms there.....

Anyway, how is it offensive?

Its saying he's black on the outside and white on the inside. How can that be anythink other than racist?

its an observation, a comparision, not a put-down, not attack on the players culture, family or history. Ergo, not racist.

Can be taken as a cultural derogatory. That he is a black man and sold out his culture to conform to a white person's culture.

Can be taken as a cultural derogatory. That he is a black man and sold out his culture to conform to a white person's culture.

:doh: well, if thats the case pretty much any description of a person can be twisted to being considered racist...

Also, neither of them are black (in my opinion).

It's a farce really.. the amount of news coverage it received was a joke.

I can't look beyond this.

I try to steer clear of race or color debates, but this name calling, or choice of words for derogatory insults or remarks, maybe I don't get it, at what point in time did a colored individual get umbrage from being called a 'choc ice'. Stupid terminology if ever I heard it. We are all aware of any proper derogatory names for races and for me, that (choc Ice) never really came into it. You can see now why I get apprehensive about these kind of debates. I just think, above all else, this has been blown out of all proportion. If this is about Ferdinand even, the kid is half cast not necessarily colored. Fucking boring issue this is now come to think of it. But that's how I feel about it.