IGNORED

Malaga

Zoo

Wait a minute, is this our new goalkeeper kit?!

Yellow and black? Tim Howard isn't in the normal green kit but with there being no official reveal (that I'm aware of) I find it strange that they would just come out and wear it. It looks nice from a distance anyway.

EDIT: Sloppy defending so far from us, Malaga are looking the better side at the moment.

Edited by Zoo

Malaga 0-0 Everton. 25 minutes gone, Tim Howard the busier keeper but nothing too concerning. Pienaar, Naismith look sharp.

EDIT:

HT: Malaga 0 EFC 0. Not much in the way of chances. The Spaniards have kept the ball well and just about shaded it. Penalties if still all square at full-time.
Edited by Zoo

Anichebe just sprinted for the ball and the linesman put the flag up in disbelief. Sorry to sound like a kopite but think this could be his year.

Malaga one up from a set piece, Distin napping didnt follow the man at all.

I'd be worried, but Utd are slow starters and havent been frightening either just nipping a win 4-3 against Hannover.

I wasn't even aware we were playing tonight, not least some team from Spain. Mostly concentrating on the league season ahead rather than friendlies in my defense. Are Malaga a good side, I don't know anything about them (current side) actually, and why the need for penalties in this?, it's just a friendly over 90 minutes isn't it? Meh, I haven't been paying attention to the pre season fixtures then. Any Everton defeat warrants a mention, but I won't be reading too much into this if it stays as it is. Still time for us to score apparently.

Malaga were a good side, they had a Manchester City style take-over a few years ago and went on a spending spree, a year or so later however the Qatari fella' who owned them decided he'd had enough and pulled out of all funding causing them to un-pay their players and having to off-load most of them to keep the club from going into administration - quite sad really.

Stories like Malaga make me happy to have Bill Kenwright in charge, whilst he's not the best chairman in the world at least he isn't screwing us to the point of administration.

Oh, and it's finished - Full Time - Malaga 1 Everton FC 0

Didn't ex shite player Stan Collymore have a stint with them some time ago, I know Vinny Samways played there after he left us.

And we lost, disappointed.... but as stated so many times before, can never read too much into these fixtures. The time to make proper judgments will be a few weeks into the actual league season. Manchester United is but a few weeks away and the time will soon be upon us, and ideally, that's what I'm setting my sights on.

It was made very public that the game was set-up to get the players to full fitness before the Manchester United game, we looked really average but I bet Moyes had told our Starting XI not to pick up any injuries. I'm not bothered about the defeat, I'd of liked a penalty shootout to spice things up but in all honesty I'm just looking forward to the Community Shield tomorrow and then the start of our campaign next Monday.

Anichebe just sprinted for the ball and the linesman put the flag up in disbelief. Sorry to sound like a kopite but think this could be his year.

Malaga one up from a set piece, Distin napping didnt follow the man at all.

I'd be worried, but Utd are slow starters and havent been frightening either just nipping a win 4-3 against Hannover.

Bit harsh that PeteO, he was blocked off anad couldnt get near the man no matter how alert to the danger he was

Charity Shield is tomorrow ?, fucking hell, where do the weeks go to. It was only the last day of the season it seems like yesterday.

So it will be Manchester City against the plastics then, no prizes for guessing who I will favor for a success. But it's hardly the most imperative date of the football season now is it.

I prefered the old days when a drawn game meant the trophy was shared, this was stopped about early 1990s, and drawn games now go to penalties, and no extra time either. They should have kept it as it was, drawn games, and both clubs get to share the shield.

Sharing the sheild? Whats the point in that? There should be an out-right winner as with all sporting competitions. I'll be rooting for Chelsea tomorrow, I like them and hate Manchester City. Might even put a cheeky bet on down at the bookies!

Eh?, Like them?, you've made it abundantly clear so many times before you have as much loathing for Chelsea as maybe I do, or maybe not quite so much...

People need to stop hating City, simply because they had a rich takeover or got investment and did well, damn it, before last year their last success in anything relevant was 1976, and I didn't begrudge them at all for winning a couple of trophies for the first time since dinosaurs with their new found wealth, just not a side I take issue with, If they do well now, it's all very well and good, so long as it's not Everton involved in say, any domestic final.

Still think the trophy should be shared, it used to be called the Charity Shield, as in sharing, before the usual miserable fucks at the FA changed the name of it, as with so often everything else they see fit to tamper with. Hope City do it, even if it does appear a rather insignificant trophy or award to some. This is going wildly off topic from tonights game, but that's how I feel about it. Back to Malaga tonight I suggest.

I don't hate Chelsea because of the money, more to do with just an inherent dislike, the players also, a few snide players, can't stand Terry, Cole, or even Drogba when he was there. Had one or two altercations with supporters going back far enough, just a club side I have little time for. That European Cup success (also) was a damn joke, play 10 men behind the ball for 120 minutes and stifle the opposition to death. Ok, they may have got the result they wanted, but it left a poor impression on some. That is just one occasion. All said, just don't like 'em.

I hate City because they were a shit club and now suddenly think that they are God's gift to football. Chelsea were never title contenders but at least they were established in the Premier League, Manchester City were known as being just too good for the lower leagues but being well away from the standard of the Premiership, they were a yo-yo team at best similar to the old West Brom and the current West Ham and it's a joke that anyone considers them a top team in terms of history, they're going to be a super club for 2-3 years and then drop like a stone.

I don't mind teams having take-overs that deserve it, top flight teams that have earned the right to be in Europe and have established themselves as top clubs over a long period of time (Arsenal/Tottenham/Everton/)

City just got lucky that some buffoon wearing a dishcloth on his head took a fancy to them but somehow believe they are a class above everyone else, I despise their club and I despise their fans (apart from the missus) and I can't wait until their deck of cards fall down on their heads and they end up in administration and back to the third tier of football where they belong.

In a way its already happening, Mancini hasn't been given the green light to go on a spending spree this summer and is getting frustrated, once he goes a few players will and without strong backing they wont be able to challenge for the championship, if they can't challenge for the championship their star players will leave and the cycle will be back to the beginning. This Sheikh won't be around forever to hold City's hand through European football and when he buggers off they are in bigger shit than the likes of Glasgow Rangers and Portsmouth.

Like I said, tomorrow I fly a flag high for Chelsea, never will I agree with what City have done to football and never will I support them.

I hate City because they were a shit club and now suddenly think that they are God's gift to football. Chelsea were never title contenders but at least they were established in the Premier League, Manchester City were known as being just too good for the lower leagues but being well away from the standard of the Premiership, they were a yo-yo team at best similar to the old West Brom and the current West Ham and it's a joke that anyone considers them a top team in terms of history, they're going to be a super club for 2-3 years and then drop like a stone.

I don't mind teams having take-overs that deserve it, top flight teams that have earned the right to be in Europe and have established themselves as top clubs over a long period of time (Arsenal/Tottenham/Everton/)

City just got lucky that some buffoon wearing a dishcloth on his head took a fancy to them but somehow believe they are a class above everyone else, I despise their club and I despise their fans (apart from the missus) and I can't wait until their deck of cards fall down on their heads and they end up in administration and back to the third tier of football where they belong.

In a way its already happening, Mancini hasn't been given the green light to go on a spending spree this summer and is getting frustrated, once he goes a few players will and without strong backing they wont be able to challenge for the championship, if they can't challenge for the championship their star players will leave and the cycle will be back to the beginning. This Sheikh won't be around forever to hold City's hand through European football and when he buggers off they are in bigger shit than the likes of Glasgow Rangers and Portsmouth.

Like I said, tomorrow I fly a flag high for Chelsea, never will I agree with what City have done to football and never will I support them.

Very well said, they have not done anything to deserve what they are getting. Completely agree with.

couldn't give a fuck about charity shield..chelsea and city are the same to me..city maybe slightly worse because the fans are arseholes and 40,000 of them claim to be away at torquay away in a 2,000 crowd...chelsea were established in the league but still when it comes to winning things they aren't as good as they think they are

couldn't give a fuck about charity shield..chelsea and city are the same to me..city maybe slightly worse because the fans are arseholes and 40,000 of them claim to be away at torquay away in a 2,000 crowd...chelsea were established in the league but still when it comes to winning things they aren't as good as they think they are

Chelsea won the Champions League, I think they have even right to consider themselves a big team.

The fact that they had won the Premier League on a number of occasions? I'm not saying that Chelsea are the best fans in the world because I'm not, I dislike them for the way that they treated Villas-Boas, all I'm saying is they at least have a right to consider themselves a big team because over the years they have worked to get where they are and have got a nice trophy cabinet going - Manchester City however have had it handed to them on a plate and are still mediocre considering how much they have spent (non-existant European success and only winning the league by one goal).

chelsea had it handed to them on a plate though...did they do all that much before the money? chelsea are just city plus a few years

They were an established Premier League team though, Manchester City were a poor lower league team until the Sheikh came along. Like I was saying earlier I don't mind established teams having investments but when its handed to someone on a plate who dosen't deserve it then I think its just wrong.

(City lead in the sheild too, 2-1).

They were an established Premier League team though, Manchester City were a poor lower league team until the Sheikh came along. Like I was saying earlier I don't mind established teams having investments but when its handed to someone on a plate who dosen't deserve it then I think its just wrong.

(City lead in the sheild too, 2-1).

bit behind the game had to nip out i was tryin to avoid the score so didn't go in any other football threads you scoundrel :shaking fist:

Ahh this is brilliant. I hate the scum bags too. Whenever my mate jumps around bragging about the League title I find myself always ranting for an hour about how the integrity of sport is compromised when a bunch of pricks who don't even know the rules rock up with an open cheque book.

And Mancini's attitude shits me right off. Has Balotelli, Dzeko, Tevez and Aguero to choose from up front (not to mention Adebayor and Santa Cruz waiting in the wings) and gets the shits with his superiors for not handing him money for RVP.

Then the prick comes out and says Rodwell will for once be playing with a team that plays to win... Think he's forgotten the result last time he came to Goodison.

Edited by Pearso