IGNORED

QPR boss Mark Hughes sacked

I'm surprised it took as long as it did, especially as he was given a huge amount of support in the transfer market, which how any manager can expect to bring in a dozen players and have them play well has me scratching my head.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2237190/Mark-Hughes-sacked-QPR-Harry-Redknapp-manager-match-Manchester-United.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Guest blueboy122

Looks like Redknapp is going to get the job then, interesting to see what happens in January, how many of the spurs players will he go for then?

How ever many want a pay rise I suppose..

Redknapp relegated a decent Southampton sider. Insists on a huge squad on big wages and then plays his favourites every week. Admitted he doesn't use much tactics and tells the players to just go out there, awful manage. Didn't he buy 5 right backs at one point, gift of the gab to convince the board, give him that.

What was Hughes doing as a manager in the first place, and not least for any EPL side. He was a great player and club servant, but as with so many others, like a fish out of water at managerial level. Imagine those supporters at Loftus Road must be damn relieved they have seen him depart, and not before time.

I feel sorry for the next club that takes him aboard, not because he's Mark Hughes, but as with Keane and Ince before him to name a few, they simply can't manage for their lives, despite a success at player level.

Is Redknapp the next to take over then?

So it seems, but I feel a man of that caliber will be wasted there. I really do rate Redknapp as a fine manager, maybe he's not whiter than white, but he knows how to win and has 30 years experience at management level and has won trophies.

I think Rangers will do well with him, but he's wasted there and deserves a club of better stature.

And to think there are many Everton fans who would want Mark Hughes as our next manager if Moyes were to go...

I know what you are saying but i feel this is always been more a media led thing. I can't think of any Evertonians i know who would openly want Hughes as manager he's crap, he did ok at Blackburn, but has flopped everywhere else, but when talk of unrest or possible changes have come in the past, his name has been mentioned by certain journo's. When that day does come id rather look towards Germany/Holland/Scandinavia some good managers lurking in those countries waiting for a bigger stage.

Maybe I don't like Moyes sometimes, or just get frustrated with the Scot even, but I would never have Hughes instead.

I don't know what he did with Wales, but they never qualified for any Euro tournaments did they. And wasn't he manager at Blackburn when they won the League Cup in 2001-02, or if not that, then maybe a player that day ? Can't be asked with statistics right now but I think he was involved around that time.