IGNORED

SAF is a wonker

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/dec/07/manchester-city-penalties-sir-alex-ferguson

Claiming that City get awarded to many penalties. 21 since the 2010-2011 season. Thing is, Man U have been awarded exactly 21 penalties in the same time. And 5 more penalties this season alone.

SAF is always trying to influence refs with this kind of crap. I really despise him. Just play the f-ing game. If you are better, you win.

I really hope City get a penalty on Sunday.

Ferguson is a damn fine manager above all else. Most will be aware of his success at Aberdeen in breaking the stranglehold of the Glasgow sides in the 1980s, and what he has done at Manchester United needs no elaboration. He has been in charge at Old Trafford since 1986, a quite remarkable achievement, and even now, shows no sign of stepping down, although he did say about 2000 that we was looking at a last season in charge, but that never came to pass.

He is great at mind games and getting under the skin of rival managers, that worked with great effect when Newcastle were challenging for the league in 1996, and he finally got to Keegan with that now infamous rant on television as they finally collapsed under pressure towards the end.

Some may not like him, but you can't deny he is one great manager that knows how to win and all his past achievements speak for themselves.

How can you castigate people who drink Whiskey. What Ferguson does is his business and I like a bottle or two myself.

He's largely responsible for turning MUFC into the force they are today, if Atkinson had stayed on before him, it would have taken a completely different path. Was only one game away from being fired at one stage I think before the FA cup win in 1990 where it all started for them. You can appreciate his "I don't want to talk to the BBC" thing that went on for years, I wouldn't want to either. Still a very good manager once again, but I hope City get the win in their next fixture. I can't be too impartial on this.

Yep, I would have said exactly the same thing as old Whiskey face. Win first, be nice second.......... how would you feel if Moyes said it and the pen at City was not awarded?

Agree, if he was 20 years younger and we lost Moyes, I'd take Ferguson as the next Everton manager no problem.

Don't see how anyone woulden't want Ferguson to manage their team, he's one of the best managers in the world and has brought success to Manchester United year after year. He's hated by many but I wonder how much of that is just jelousy because of what he has achieved (similar to Mourinho). He's without doubt a legend and if there ever was a chance of him becoming Everton manager I'd rip his arm off.

Edited by Zoo

I used to think that the only team from England Mourinho would manage now would be Manchester United but with their millions I think he'd manage City now too. Those are the only two clubs though, I don't think anyone else has a big enough pull to get him (Chelsea and Liverpool included).

I don't think Mourinho would go back to SB, he already won everything there except a european prize and it seems his work is done in West London, I can't see a return to be truthful. It would have been great to see him at Everton although it was never likely to happen.

Some people seeing the thread title for a first time must wonder what on earth is being discussed here incidentally.