IGNORED

Juan Agudelo

I am admittedly biased in regards to this; Juan Agudelo is a former product of the New York Red Bulls academy and played for the team a year and a half. Talent wise, the sky is the limit for Agudelo. He has speed, passing ability, agility, and good moves with the ball. The main problems with him are that he is immature and inconsistent. As a guy who only recently turned 20 immaturity isn't too problematic. I feel that Moyes would quickly get him to become a little more serious.

Here's my favorite goal of his. His touch is phenomenal.

The possibility of singing "A-gu-de-lo lo" to the tune of 'agadoo' is surely the best reason to sign him up?!

Lol yes the 2 or 3 Toffeetalk members who actually attend Everton games might do it biggrin.png (being a bit sarcastic hah)

By the way that song is already used for Lukaku, and since Chelsea wants to sell Lukaku to EFC, I'd wait a bit with that song.

Edited by Mirallas

The point is, he has to be better than Anichebe in order for him to be relevant to be bought from Chivas. Or to be equally good, but still have a growth margin. Otherwise, what's the point?

He's not as good as Anichebe at this very moment. So what would the point be? Well, he just turned 20 and he has the raw talent to, with the right coaching, be the best striker on our team. Yes, better than Jelavic. This is the exact kind of signing that Moyes should be after because he would probably cost only £1-£1.25 yet has a very real chance of becoming an average-above average Premier League striker.

Not a lot of goals for all his appearances. On the plus side he's been appearing regularly for the USMNT and would likely qualify for a work permit.

His production has been somewhat underwhelming. That being said, it's not completely all of his fault. Under Klinsmann he's really only come on as a second half substitute. As for in MLS, Chivas is the worst team in the league; there was no chance of him producing there. When he was with Red Bull he scored a decent number of goals. I'll reiterate that there is no doubting Agudelo's talent and athletic ability. It's all mental and tactical for him. With a good coaching staff he would be a quality player.

• 2 weeks later...

I've gotten to see agudelo play a few times and I feel that he has the potential to become an EPL player...but not in the next 5 years. If he follows in Altidors footsteps he could be promising

Agudelo is better right now than Altidore was at his age, though not by a wide margin. I think his route to legitimate European football will be a bit quicker. He's definitely not a guy who can come in and start a full 90 every week, though. I'd like to believe he's an upgrade over Vellios, though.

• 11 months later...

Joining Stoke, so we'll see how well he does ;)

Sort of. He was supposed to join Stoke at the end of the MLS season but was denied his work permit. Seems that he and Stoke, after taking some time to think things through, decided to sign the contract anyway. Details are incredible scarce but he's set to go out on loan... somewhere. Not sure if it's because he doesn't have a work permit yet. Not sure if he has one and they're just loaning him because he's not ready for the EPL; which is probably correct. In any case, I'm excited to see what transpires because he's spent the last couple seasons on two absolutely awful MLS teams. He'll finally get the tutoring he needs.