IGNORED

Thankless Tasks

rubecula

I know some of you will think right away I am brown nosing a bit here. Well that is ok. (I am not by the way)

I have been a mod on a fair few sites over the years, and to be honest I am pretty grateful to not be one these days. The job is payless and thankless. You are always wrong/mistaken/lying and it sometimes feels awful to have to deal with shit that happens. AND no matter how you feel you need to do it without bias to the best of your ability.

So (here is that brown nosing bit I am not doing) Grateful thanks to all admin and Mods. I appreciate what you do and the site wouldn't be what it is without you.

Train conductor must be an awful job, no-one thanks you when the train is on time but when its late? Oh boy, its not the conductors fault but they do take some stick.

(Only saying this because I commute an hour each way to work.)

Anyhow, I agree with Rubes. Thank you mods!

I'm no goddamn sycophant but recognize certain names where you find them do a more than adequate job in keeping things in check, although as with doormen, they can sometimes cause more problems than they prevent. This applies to all sites registered and forums.

Perhaps real Thankless tasks would appear to be paramedics, doctors, nurses and even police, who try to help out or assist, but often get attacked, verbally and physically, by one or two fucking idiots or questionable behavior. Seems sometimes you just can't assist some people.