IGNORED

TTs Foreign Football Thread!

Being that Landon Donovan is what lured me to Everton in the first place, I can talk about the Galaxy/MLS (even though the Galaxy just lost yesterday) :( . Our league here in the states has improved over the years (still remember being a teenager and the league resembling what you would see in high school). Maybe I'll scout out some players that could grow and would love to see at our club :)

Being that Landon Donovan is what lured me to Everton in the first place, I can talk about the Galaxy/MLS (even though the Galaxy just lost yesterday) :( . Our league here in the states has improved over the years (still remember being a teenager and the league resembling what you would see in high school). Maybe I'll scout out some players that could grow and would love to see at our club :)

Gyasi Zardes looks like he'll be a real talent.

Thorgan Hazard, Maxime Lestienne and Michy Batshuayi are probably the 3 best players in the Belgian league so far (9 games in). All are probably also quite interesting options for Everton given their ages: Hazard's 20, Lestienne's 21 and Batshuayi's 19. Hazard is a skillful attacking midfielder who has got 7 goals and 6 assists. Lestienne is a rapid winger who has got 5 goals and 6 assists so far. Batshuayi is a centre forward and has got 8 goals, among which a couple of beauties. Hazard and Lestienne have been called up for the senior Belgian squad before, Batshuayi will probably be in the next squad. But none of them has already really won a certain spot so that probably keeps them affordable as well.

Thorgan Hazard, Maxime Lestienne and Michy Batshuayi are probably the 3 best players in the Belgian league so far (9 games in). All are probably also quite interesting options for Everton given their ages: Hazard's 20, Lestienne's 21 and Batshuayi's 19. Hazard is a skillful attacking midfielder who has got 7 goals and 6 assists. Lestienne is a rapid winger who has got 5 goals and 6 assists so far. Batshuayi is a centre forward and has got 8 goals, among which a couple of beauties. Hazard and Lestienne have been called up for the senior Belgian squad before, Batshuayi will probably be in the next squad. But none of them has already really won a certain spot so that probably keeps them affordable as well.

What is your opinion on Praet and Meunier (think that's how you spell it) at Brugge?

What is your opinion on Praet and Meunier (think that's how you spell it) at Brugge?

Praet has had a tough time so far this season, even spent a couple of games on the bench. He was reintroduced into the starting XI this past weekend and he did really well. The coach has already said he'll be starting in the Champions League as well this week. He's a year younger than Hazard, but at this moment Hazard's clearly the better player. Still, he's got a very bright future ahead of him.

Meunier is nothing special, he can be a good player for the Belgian league, nothing more imo.

Gyasi Zardes looks like he'll be a real talent.

Definitely, he came out of nowhere to be honest. Hadn't heard much of him prior to the start of the season and then boom! I think he needs more experience playing and could use going to a lower league first to prove himself and if he could do that, then maybe Everton could give him a call ;)

• 1 month later...

Id completely forgotten to mention this lad - you may have noticed him a fair bit against Chelsea last night, Mohamed Salah. I really like this lad, seems to have a lot of potential. Been watching Basel on TV over here whenever I can, Basel are playing some very good stuff and watching them demolish Chelsea reminded me!

Nice thread - I've enjoyed reading it. I'm one of those rare Brits who prefers foreign football to British so it's great to see this here - missed it when it was created as I wasn't around.

Id completely forgotten to mention this lad - you may have noticed him a fair bit against Chelsea last night, Mohamed Salah. I really like this lad, seems to have a lot of potential. Been watching Basel on TV over here whenever I can, Basel are playing some very good stuff and watching them demolish Chelsea reminded me!

Linked with a £20m move to Spurs. There's a surprise!

• 5 months later...

Don't want to put it in the Rumours without a Link thread, so here's one.

Lee Seung Woo

Wouldn't mind Bobby asking Barca for another one of their starlets. Dubbed the 'Korean Messi', he's a proper talent.

Will take a few years to really grow as a player but has the potential to be special. Could use him as Europa cover, get him some game time that way. Just think the lad will be extra ordinarily good. Great feet, pace, decision making, tenacity. Lacks strength, height, usual negatives that come with these "new Messi's".

Keep an eye on him.

Don't want to put it in the Rumours without a Link thread, so here's one.

Lee Seung Woo

Wouldn't mind Bobby asking Barca for another one of their starlets. Dubbed the 'Korean Messi', he's a proper talent.

Will take a few years to really grow as a player but has the potential to be special. Could use him as Europa cover, get him some game time that way. Just think the lad will be extra ordinarily good. Great feet, pace, decision making, tenacity. Lacks strength, height, usual negatives that come with these "new Messi's".

Keep an eye on him.

finally using your thread mate? :P