IGNORED

A question on memory

rubecula

OK don't take the piss here, I seriously have memory problems these days.

I think ( I hope it is not something my mind has made up) the Bill Kenwright was interviewed about Roberto Martinez when he was appointed and said something about Everton finishing in the top four, and RM looked worried by that.

Am I right?

AND. Is Bill psychic?

AND Can Bill kindly predict a trophy and a league championship in the next couple of seasons? :rofl:

Anyway I hope my memory is not messing with me again but I really am sure I remember this.

We'll finish 6th anyway :\

How many on here would have taken 6th and perhaps a decent cup run during a new managers first season!

We've been spoilt now with some great football and more of an insight into the mind of Martinez.

I would have settled for the above at the start of the sason, but to be honest now, I'd like to think if we can be lucky with injuries (and we haven't really been so far) that we can get 5th and finish above the rs and have a really good shot at the FA cup.

Above 5th would be great but I think another season for Martinez to build and structure the squad before we head into the champions league.Do I think we couldn't cope with 4th plus.....not sure, I just don't want things stretched too much too soon.

If we could be certain that a season with champions league football wouldn't invite a slip down the table due to stretched resources, then off course you would imagine it would be good for the club, but how can we be sure.

So what would others want for this seasons outcome...and what did they expect at the start of the season.

Start of the season I expected 7th at worst (could find where I said it with a bit of research). I couldn't see anyone outside the "moneyed" six having the consistency to finish above us....pretty sure I asked those who prophesised worse who they thought could beat us, because I could see nobody.

Seventh would now constitute "last" for us given the teams we're competing with....if we perform in the second half of the season the way we have in the first fourth will be the worst scenario. FA Cup is down to the draw; we can beat anyone but City away would be tough....though not impossible.