IGNORED

Do you consider Scotland a third world country?

Guest Nikica

This is his exact quote:

"Don't have a complex or label supporters of English football being brainwashed by sky due to the fact your from a near third world country with the shittest league in Europe!"

Obviously he's not very bright - if I was jealous of top leagues I wouldn't like La Liga, the PL or the Bundesliga. The only problem I have with the PL is people like him who put down other leagues in order to glorify English. I also already told him I don't really care about Scottish football as I am sick of the bigotry involved - yet he still thinks I am annoyed due to some of some sort of misguided sense of patriotism (the irony of course being that he's the tribal one as he's only talking up the PL and talking down La Liga because his club competes in the former).

I read a good quote which sums him up. I am on good terms with the person who said it (from another site):

"Anyone who needs to validate the league in which the team they support resides should think about and then eventually attempt to work on their obvious personality flaws"

Between this and him attacking my mentality i am pretty annoyed. He's clearly a very cuntish person.

I'm glad the Dean thread has been cleaned up. i wasn't going to say anything, but now he's calling Scotland a third world country - as if his unprovoked attacks on me weren't bad enough.

Edited by Nikica

All of UK is becoming a third world country IMO

The thing which made me laugh most was an Englishman calling Scotland a third world country. England is hardly in great shape itself at the moment.

I agree that both countries have major problems but third world is a bit OTT, imo. That phrase is pretty outdated anyway - most people call them 'developing' or 'less developed' nations. First time I've seen that phrase used in a while.

Edited by Nikica

Don't usually have a bad word to say about Scots, in fact maybe prefer them over the english - at least certainly on an international fooball perspective.

I know more about Scots soccer than many could comprehend and while this appears going over old territory, the SPL is a poor league - has been for 20 years now - but with Rangers out and not involved, you got a kind of throwback to how it was once was with club sides such as Aberdeen, Heart of Midlothian and Dundee United in with a chance of glory, but Celtic still loom large over all other competitors - but it's so much more open now with 'Gers omission

Scotland has provided Europe with European Cup winners, ECWC winners, and UEFA Cup finalists, and for a country the size of Denmark, that's not a bad achievement. The national side has often been ridiculed as never getting past the second round of any tournament, but overall qualifying records are decent.

Wouldn't classify the nation as third world though.

Don't usually have a bad word to say about Scots, in fact maybe prefer them over the english - at least certainly on an international fooball perspective.

I know more about Scots soccer than many could comprehend and while this appears going over old territory, the SPL is a poor league - has been for 20 years now - but with Rangers out and not involved, you got a kind of throwback to how it was once was with club sides such as Aberdeen, Heart of Midlothian and Dundee United in with a chance of glory, but Celtic still loom large over all other competitors - but it's so much more open now with 'Gers omission

Scotland has provided Europe with European Cup winners, ECWC winners, and UEFA Cup finalists, and for a country the size of Denmark, that's not a bad achievement. The national side has often been ridiculed as never getting past the second round of any tournament, but overall qualifying records are decent.

Wouldn't classify the nation as third world though.

I agree with all of that - I know the SPL is garbage. I just find it funny that he thinks I dislike better leagues because of how bad the SPL is. I watch the PL, la Liga, Serie A and Bundesliga far more than I do the SPL. He's obviously projecting his small-mindedness on to me as he's the guy who feels the need to defend the league his team plays in.

Oh, it's the first round we can't get past, not the second round

Edited by Nikica

Remember you beat Englands World Cup winning side in '67 - at Wembley stadium - in a very memorable performance, and for a nation that has produced fine names such as Law, Henderson, John White, Bremner, Willie Miller, McLeish, Baxter, McCoist and even Dalglish, detractors should give a little more credit maybe

Say again, the SPL is poor, even Scots themselves seem to recognize the fact - no team from outside the Old Firm have been champions since 1985, it's all been a bit repetitive and stale in the subsequent years, but hopefully one or two of the other teams that haven't been able to win a championship in that time, can once again take a title - and so long as Rangers are out of the picture, they have a real opportunity.

Remember you beat Englands World Cup winning side in '67 - at Wembley stadium - in a very memorable performance, and for a nation that has produced fine names such as Law, Henderson, John White, Bremner, Willie Miller, McLeish, Baxter, McCoist and even Dalglish, detractors should give a little more credit maybe

Say again, the SPL is poor, even Scots themselves seem to recognize the fact - no team from outside the Old Firm have been champions since 1985, it's all been a bit repetitive and stale in the subsequent years, but hopefully one or two of the other teams that haven't been able to win a championship in that time, can once again take a title - and so long as Rangers are out of the picture, they have a real opportunity.

Missing the point here DK.....this is "Off Topic," we're not talking football.

What a sad person you really are Nikica why don't you post the abusive childish and downright pathetic PM you sent Me in the first place that prompted My comment?

Also I never stated it was a third world country I said "a near" purely as a response to your abusive PM and the fact you have a huge disrespect and complex towards the English!

What was it You said I suppose You love the English Troops as well? Damn right I do you pathetic cunt and I'm proud of every Englishman or Countryman for that matter that has put and still does His or Her life on the line you disrespectful cunt.

Your creating threads and posting little snippets of things yet fail to post your obvious hate towards the English and the English game.

Seriously why are you on here?? I've never told another member of a forum to leave before but you are one pathetic sad little man who should either fuck off elsewhere or be banned to be honest!

Edited by EFC-Paul

Unprovoked attack you really are a numbnut and seriously delusional I think you will find I asked for the Dean thread to be cleared up as did you and said that was the last from Me then what I get a very abusive PM later on!

Again you do seem to have some form of mental problems as You make up and twist a silly little debate online into something and carry it on it's either that or You have far too much time on your hands.

By Me saying the Prem is a better league then La Liga makes Me some form of primal idiot does it? Well I think You will find most people in world football regard the Prem as the best league in world football so we all must be far below your intellect.

It also has nothing to do with Everton being in the league it's My opinion regardless if a person on here said Serie A was a better League then La Liga I'd have to say either way which i thought was better it has nothing to do with patriotism.

The bottom line is your a smacked arse who doesn't like his superiority complex or opinion being challenged.

I've been on here a long time many years in fact and never have I had a issue as such with anyone apart from You and Your pathetic and practically racist attitude towards England, you do not support this team you dislike the English game and by the sounds of it most of it's supporters so why are you here exactly that's right as I previously stated your a sad bloke with a sad life and far to much time on his hands.

Oh and feel free to keep sending Me PM's regarding grammar you sad sad melt.

Edited by EFC-Paul

I fully agree Steve I in no way have a problem with any of the home nations far from it in fact just a reply to what seemed to be a anti English PM.

Nikica I have just stumbled upon the philosophical TT thread and read your recent post on what appears to be some form of mental health issues you may be or have been struggling with and would like to apologies if I hit a nerve by saying you seem to have problems.

Things get heated and said on forums hastily at times and without thought and if I had read the above thread I wouldn't have said what I did so apologies on that front.

Your still a cunt though

Edited by EFC-Paul

Nikica I have just stumbled upon the philosophical TT thread and read your recent post on what appears to be some form of mental health issues you may be or have been struggling with and would like to apologies if I hit a nerve by saying you seem to have problems.

Things get heated and said on forums hastily at times and without thought and if I had read the above thread I wouldn't have said what I did so apologies on that front.

Think this would be a good place to draw a line under this and move on :).

Personally I don't give a rat's arse about Scotland, I get on with their football and rugby fans really well and have been to Edinburgh, Glasgow and got lost in the highlands a few times for good measure. If they want independence then hurry up and vote quickly because from my personal point of view they dont know how to make the country great, only wallow in self pity. Same as the Welsh assembly, it's only there as ''jobs for the boys'', I never voted in favour of it as I knew exactly what would happen years down the line- failing education system, high unemployment, low health status, and don't get me started on those Plaid Cymru Nazi bastards................................. Feck em, I speak Welsh but they have an attitude of ''your only really welsh if you speak the language''. Your really lucky you don't have this problem Nikika. Scotland will be a third world nation if you vote for independence, stay in the union, stronger together pal. Long live the British Isles. :celebrate:

Edited by jona 32

'third world nation'.

ah here.

The gulf between Western Europe + the Anglophone countries vs. the rest of the world is so laughably massive that this thread, and anyone who thinks Scotland is/would be a third world country, is indicative of someone seriously lacking perspective and possibly sanity.

Scotland will get on just fine if independent, just as it is getting by just fine inside the Union. It is not suddenly going to become the Congo.

Someone took it upon themsleves to label Scotland say, "devoid of any redeeming qualities" and took issue with that as it's a country of outstanding natural beauty and has some rich history, not to mention valuable contributors to world history such as Alexander Bell, Logie-Baird and James Watt

Glasgow was voted european city of culture, Edinburgh is one of the most historic cities in the world, but some outsiders can't see beyond their perspective of drunk individuals with red hair, Irn-Bru, and deep fried mars bars (unable to comment on the latter as never actually sampled)

Yes that may true to a lesser extent, but all nations have their stereotypes. - Whichever nation you're a part of, reading this, it will apply to you also

Never had any real issues with Scots, so can't bring myself to castigate like some others, but Im sure they're decent people for the most part - as with all other nations.

They do produce some fine malt whiskey, so can't be all bad

• 4 weeks later...

Unprovoked attack you really are a numbnut and seriously delusional I think you will find I asked for the Dean thread to be cleared up as did you and said that was the last from Me then what I get a very abusive PM later on!

Again you do seem to have some form of mental problems as You make up and twist a silly little debate online into something and carry it on it's either that or You have far too much time on your hands.

By Me saying the Prem is a better league then La Liga makes Me some form of primal idiot does it? Well I think You will find most people in world football regard the Prem as the best league in world football so we all must be far below your intellect.

It also has nothing to do with Everton being in the league it's My opinion regardless if a person on here said Serie A was a better League then La Liga I'd have to say either way which i thought was better it has nothing to do with patriotism.

The bottom line is your a smacked arse who doesn't like his superiority complex or opinion being challenged.

I've been on here a long time many years in fact and never have I had a issue as such with anyone apart from You and Your pathetic and practically racist attitude towards England, you do not support this team you dislike the English game and by the sounds of it most of it's supporters so why are you here exactly that's right as I previously stated your a sad bloke with a sad life and far to much time on his hands.

Oh and feel free to keep sending Me PM's regarding grammar you sad sad melt.

First of all, calm down. The PL might be the best in the world - I rate it as amongst the best alongside La Liga and the BL. The reason I was annoyed at you is you responded in a very condescending manner to me (all because I said La Liga wasn't rubbish and that Messi would be immense in the PL etc). This despite the fact that I wasn't even talking to you at the time.

Then I tried to end the debate in the thread and came online the next day to a condescending response from you insulting me in said thread. That's what prompted my emails.

Saying that 'most people in the world think the PL is the best' can be misleading. Whether it's the best or not, you can't prove it by popularity as the general consensus can be wrong. Also, it's by far the most well marketed and England/Britain has far more cultural reach and imperial history than everywhere else. These are massive factors - I'm saying this not to annoy you but simply to debate things.

I don't hate the PL at all - I watch it as much as La Liga. The problem I have is when people put down other leagues to assert English football's superiority. I like English football and some of my favourite players play there. I've been very complimentary of Everton this season.

Edited by Nikica

I fully agree Steve I in no way have a problem with any of the home nations far from it in fact just a reply to what seemed to be a anti English PM.

Your still a cunt though

Thank you for that. I was simply taken aback at your heated tone towards my claim about Messi (in hindsight 60 league goals in PL was OTT, but perhaps 60 goals in all competitions most possibly) and I replied in kind. I tried to stop things but the next day you said things about my mentality and that's when things escalated as I felt that was very unfair.

I appreciate your apology in terms of my mental health. I too apologise and it would be nice if we could debate in future and - if we disagree - put our points of view forward in a civil fashion. I realise sometimes I can come across as smarmy - I don't mean to do it but I think it's often the way things come across in type.

To sum this post up, then, I would prefer if we could put this behind us and just be /friendly in future. Everyone else on here has been welcoming to me and it is very much appreciated. I'm happy to put it all behind us if you are.

As for my mental health status - my irregular problems in that area don't give me carte blanche to behave like a prick - if I make a mistake I should own up to it, and nobody here should have to suffer if I have a bad day (which is partly why I go for days at a time without posting, to spare that for the most part). Again, I accept your apology in that respect.

There's no need to call me a cunt, though. As I say, I'd prefer we put this behind us.

Edited by Nikica

'third world nation'.

ah here.

The gulf between Western Europe + the Anglophone countries vs. the rest of the world is so laughably massive that this thread, and anyone who thinks Scotland is/would be a third world country, is indicative of someone seriously lacking perspective and possibly sanity.

Scotland will get on just fine if independent, just as it is getting by just fine inside the Union. It is not suddenly going to become the Congo.

I totally agree with all of that, especially given the conditions in Sub-Saharan Africa (and I also agree with the independence part, although I haven't yet decided either way). I hope you read the details and realise I was making a mockery of the comment, that was my intention in this thread. Perhaps I am being paranoid but the way your comment was phrased makes me think you believe this to be a serious thread looking for debate. 'Third world' is an outdated term anyway - 'developing nations' is better.

EFC Paul said it but he's admitted he only said it to wind me up, so it's all water under the bridge as far as I am concerned.

Edited by Nikica

• 3 weeks later...

Standard Life threaten to move away from Scotland if the referendum returns a "Yes" vote.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10656483/Standard-Life-warns-it-could-quit-an-independent-Scotland.html

Maria Miller says Scots won't have access to BBC (Yet independent Eire can?).

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/02/26/independent-scotland-would-leave-the-bbc_n_4861711.html