IGNORED

Mario Suarez Mata

Why has he only made a handful of appearances this season? I don't want to pay £10m for someone who appears to be surplus goods. Also, before anybody says it, this isn't a Mata type of situation. Though he IS a Mata....

To be fair, he's playing second fiddle to some capable midfielders - Simeone tends to prefer guys like Koke, Gabi and Thiago in midfield. He also likes playing both Villa and Costa up front in a lot of games so there's one less available spot in the middle. It's working for him.

Mario Suarez is a decent player though, could do a job at Everton I reckon. He's played more in the past and Atletico were still a good team when he was playing more regularly.

To be fair, he's playing second fiddle to some capable midfielders - Simeone tends to prefer guys like Koke, Gabi and Thiago in midfield. He also likes playing both Villa and Costa up front in a lot of games so there's one less available spot in the middle. It's working for him.

Mario Suarez is a decent player though, could do a job at Everton I reckon. He's played more in the past and Atletico were still a good team when he was playing more regularly.

Thanks for the explanation of the situation there. I agree he could be useful here. But I don't know if we are in the position to throw £10m at a DM. If we are to have Barry again next season, we have enough players for that position. It just seemed a bit frivolous, considering our other glaring needs.

Thanks for the explanation of the situation there. I agree he could be useful here. But I don't know if we are in the position to throw £10m at a DM. If we are to have Barry again next season, we have enough players for that position. It just seemed a bit frivolous, considering our other glaring needs.

No probs. I'm not an Everton fan, so I don't know the ins and outs of your transfer budget. However, I would definitely say that in the current market £10m is a great price for Suarez (albeit it is all relative to what a club can afford). Striker is obviously the most pressing concern for youse but Suarez would fit in nicely in your midfield. He's a quality player and

It to be seen if Atletico can hold onto their squad next season. I certainly hope so, especially if they win la Liga in May. Koke and Costa are the main stars and the former especially is seeing a lot of attention. he's a step or two above M Suarez but Suarez is still a good player. The thing with Atletico is that their team is very strong right now and it relies heavily on a technical and industrious midfield, so there's no need to worry about the fact Suarez isn't getting games - Simeone values the system over all else, and he thinks the other guys are the best fit. It's also no shame to be inferior to Koke.

EDIT - Atletico game tonight has actually started, thought it was an 8pm kick-off. D'oh. I'm away to watch - take care.

Edited by Nikica