IGNORED

Benzema

Guest blueboy122

Benzema is over rated but I still think he is a great forward and would love to have him at Goodison.

I am sure he would walk into most premier league teams to be honest.

When he is firing he is awesome

Saying he's the worst player to play at a top club in a long time is way OTT, but I realise you're saying it for hyperbolic effect in order to emphasise your point. He's talented as he showed at Lyon, and is a good player. He has underwhelmed for large parts of his time at Real Madrid no question, but he's had his good spells and in the last few seasons he's one of their players who's done a lot of the donkey work which enables Ronaldo to get all his goals. Nominally he's a striker but he's not really in the team to score more than fifteen goals a season as Ronaldo and (they will hope) Bale and/or Jese have that output covered.

He's definitely not become the player that his potential suggested - but that's the problem with getting excited over young players, some of them end up fulfilling their promise and others do not. The same accusations were levelled at Sanchez earlier in his Barca career (read people say the same thing you have said about Benzema; that he was the worst player at a top club) because he wasn't performing - as someone who watched him at Udinese it was clear to me that he'd eventually come good, and he is starting to. In fairness though I do believe his talent is a couple of levels above Benzema's so he was always a safer bet.

I think Benzema has just got stale at RM. If he moved to a club like Arsenal or Chelsea - a club who need a striker (Ronaldo is really RM's striker for all intents and purposes) and would use him as the spearhead of their attack - we'd see what he's all about and he'd do quite well, imo.

Oh, and I totally disagree with the Zlatan comments as well, but people have different opinions and he's a particularly controversial subject amongst football fans so I won't try and convince you otherwise.

Edited by Nikica