IGNORED

Internet speeds

Guest Nikica

Guest Nikica

Push your traffic through a VPN and all that your ISP will see is encrypted HTTPS traffic.

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I have looked into that in the past. I am considering it tbh, but I think I will simply tone down the downloading for now as there's no need for it all.

Guest Nikica

Now it is 144.5 up and 33.5 down :) :) (when it is working properly)

Well done mate. good stuff!

Sorry for double reply, I saw the second post after the first and don't know how to edit in a second quote.

• 3 years later...
26 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Changing provider and switch-over day tomorrow; hope it'll be glitch free:unsure:.

Good luck. Changed a couple of years ago because the previous provider was cheaper on paper, but charged line rental through a sister company. Was livid when I found that out, and their customer service was appalling. 

Average/consistant 50 up and 12-15 down here. I’d be lost without the internet!

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Good luck. Changed a couple of years ago because the previous provider was cheaper on paper, but charged line rental through a sister company. Was livid when I found that out, and their customer service was appalling. 

Average/consistant 50 up and 12-15 down here. I’d be lost without the internet!

I'm leaving TalkTalk so customer service couldn't possibly be any worse:D.

Was kick started by our SkyHD box dying a couple of weeks back so I was sold on a complete 'net/phone/TV deal with them including upgrading to SkyQ. I resent giving more money to Murdoch but ultimately have to get what's best for us.

45 minutes ago, Matt said:

Average/consistant 50 up and 12-15 down here.

I'm guessing that should be the other way round:huh:.

I've got a guaranteed 35 down (which is about what we get already on a good day) and 10 up, though I never really upload anything so that doesn't matter to me at all.

18 hours ago, MikeO said:

I'm guessing that should be the other way round:huh:.

I've got a guaranteed 35 down (which is about what we get already on a good day) and 10 up, though I never really upload anything so that doesn't matter to me at all.

Yeah, other way around :doh: 6 hours sleep in 2 days is not enough!

19 hours ago, MikeO said:

I'm leaving TalkTalk so customer service couldn't possibly be any worse:D.

Was kick started by our SkyHD box dying a couple of weeks back so I was sold on a complete 'net/phone/TV deal with them including upgrading to SkyQ. I resent giving more money to Murdoch but ultimately have to get what's best for us.

Mike, What  do you get with Sky Q, thats better than Ordinary Sky box. and is there much more on the monthly Rentals. ?

40 minutes ago, Bill said:

Mike, What  do you get with Sky Q, thats better than Ordinary Sky box. and is there much more on the monthly Rentals. ?

This puts it better than I could Bill. Because I switched my internet/phone to them as well they added discounts so it's not actually costing me any more than my Sky HD/TalkTalk phone/net combination did before, they also only charged me £20 for the box instead of £99. It's being installed on Friday, I'll let you know what I think:).

Internet change went virtually instantly this morning and I even got a slight increase in download speed!

On 3/28/2018 at 14:35, MikeO said:

I'll let you know what I think

It's alright, probably better if you have a bigger more fancy TV so the 4K comes into play but ours is modest so I don't see much (any) difference and feel no need to upgrade; difference between SD and HD was barely noticeable to me either when we changed a few years back. Increased memory will probably be useful for the wife even though she had initial Luddite meltdown at having to master a new remote:rolleyes:.