IGNORED

New Contracts

I thought that, Coleman too. Assuming McCarthy was given a relatively low wage to start with, with the promise of a review if he performed well. Coleman only signed an updated contract last year so I hope this time its to put a 30m clause in his contract more than a wage boost

Lets be honest, he is up there with the very best ball winning midfielders at the moment. Offering players what they are "worth" is a smart move if you wish to retain their talent. I recall only too well the horrendous way Don Hutchison was treated whilst being on half of what some lazy arses were picking up.

I'm not saying go and match Wayne Rooneys wages, but if players are known to be on far less than they should, it is often flagged up to other clubs by greedy agents. Its a great retention tool when used well.

Lets be honest, he is up there with the very best ball winning midfielders at the moment. Offering players what they are "worth" is a smart move if you wish to retain their talent. I recall only too well the horrendous way Don Hutchison was treated whilst being on half of what some lazy arses were picking up.

I'm not saying go and match Wayne Rooneys wages, but if players are known to be on far less than they should, it is often flagged up to other clubs by greedy agents. Its a great retention tool when used well.

Thats fair enough but he has only been here just over 6 months so surely now is not the time to be offering him a new contract

Thats fair enough but he has only been here just over 6 months so surely now is not the time to be offering him a new contract

I think its something that needs to be kept quiet given that its 6 months in - so therefore I can't see that its true.

Lets be honest, contracts are only worthwhile for the money you can secure for the player. EG Rooney.