IGNORED

Carlos Bacca

Guest blueboy122

Seems more and more like EFC should have looked at this forum and read my rants on buying Bacca just one year ago when they could've had him for around £7-9m.

Hindsight... You have recommended some shite to us though am sure.

Mirallas for chief scout? Maybe not.

Hindsight... You have recommended some shite to us though am sure.

Mirallas for chief scout? Maybe not.

Really? I was the one contradicting a certain forum member about Chadli being better than Mertens. Well look at where Mertens got at Napoli, as compared to Chadli at Tottenham :) I have heralded Lukaku's coming at EFC 4 months before the deal was done. I didn't rate Leroy Fer when he was about to join us and I think now I can say I still stand behind that opinion. And about Odjidja, I was always sceptical about his potential at EFC, and today he's not even always a certainty in the starting line-up at Bruges (even when he's fit).

Who else did I recommend... Vermaelen, he could still join EFC, Arsenal are going to discuss a potential departure this summer. I'm pretty sure I must have recommended Mignolet too when he was still at Sunderland... I'm always a big fan of Adam Johnson... well, those guys got nothing to do with EFC atm, but you can't exactly call the lot of them 'shite'.

Guest blueboy122

Really? I was the one contradicting a certain forum member about Chadli being better than Mertens. Well look at where Mertens got at Napoli, as compared to Chadli at Tottenham :) I have heralded Lukaku's coming at EFC 4 months before the deal was done. I didn't rate Leroy Fer when he was about to join us and I think now I can say I still stand behind that opinion. And about Odjidja, I was always sceptical about his potential at EFC, and today he's not even always a certainty in the starting line-up at Bruges (even when he's fit).

Who else did I recommend... Vermaelen, he could still join EFC, Arsenal are going to discuss a potential departure this summer. I'm pretty sure I must have recommended Mignolet too when he was still at Sunderland... I'm always a big fan of Adam Johnson... well, those guys got nothing to do with EFC atm, but you can't exactly call the lot of them 'shite'.

Fair enough but I think that Chadli could do a job here.

Benteke or Lukaku?

Fair enough but I think that Chadli could do a job here.

Benteke or Lukaku?

Both are excellent strikers. Benteke is more of a tall guy who can win headers, keep a ball, do a quick turn and shoot, he plays a pivotal role up front, which works nicely anywhere.

Lukaku works well at EFC, because he does his attacking runs and can hold off a defender. EFC often attacks via the wings, with Baines, Coleman, McGeady, Mirallas, Deolufeu, Pienaar... So when you got a striker up front who can run at a high pace, hold off a defender, then you got a man who can run along with the wingers, receive a pass and get a shot in, while physically outperforming the defence. Passes through the center would be more difficult, cause he doesn't turn quite as well, his first touch is pretty bad... In reality you see that such passes often go wrong with Lukaku.That's where you need a Benteke.

Lukaku+Benteke = dynamite. They each have their own benefits. I think if you synthetise it to an abstract conclusion, then Lukaku is more of a man on the receiving end of fast attacks from the wings and Benteke is more of a man for passes from behind. (But Benteke is so gifted, any form of service he could turn into a goal)

Edited by Mirallas

He'll play tonight the final of the Europa League (Sevilla v Benfica).

I'm quite sure the release fee is not accurate, but he would not be cheap either. Sevilla need to sell.

Will watch that/him with some interest.

If Sevilla need to sell any club buying off them must have the advantage where price is concerned?

Wouldn't mind Racatic from them

Have cooled a bit on Bacca after watching him tonight, admittedly on tv. I think he might need a bit more time than PL defenders will give him.

Rakitic is a definite, though (and Mbia).

Have cooled a bit on Bacca after watching him tonight, admittedly on tv. I think he might need a bit more time than PL defenders will give him.

Rakitic is a definite, though (and Mbia).

That's just one game. He's also not used to this, just over 2 years ago, he was brought to Club Bruges from the columbian competition, he played at Bruges for a year and a half, where be became top scorer of the belgian competition, and was clearly playing below his class. He's only been in Sevilla for less than a year, let alone having ever reached the final of a European competition.

This man almost singlehandedly beat Real Madrid earlier this season.

Edited by Mirallas

That's just one game. He's also not used to this, just over 2 years ago, he was brought to Club Bruges from the columbian competition, he played at Bruges for a year and a half, where be became top scorer of the belgian competition, and was clearly playing below his class. He's only been in Sevilla for less than a year, let alone having ever reached the final of a European competition.

This man almost singlehandedly beat Real Madrid earlier this season.

And would Real Madrid be just one game?

Guest Nikica

He's not worth £20m, but it's harsh to judge him on last night. Benfica are great defensively and it's hard to get change out of them. But I agree with the overall point that you shouldn't risk £20m on him if the chance arises.

• 2 months later...