IGNORED

Where do we need to spend our dough?

No ifs or maybes. What do we spend OUR money on this summer? Not counting loans, pick a position you think we are lacking and put your wants in there. I know we don't know how much we have to spend but im going to put the figure at £25-£30 mill before sales. You can rate if you want in what order of importance we spend it. Frees count!!!

Number 10 - We desperately need a back up or competitor for Ross in the number 10 role. Somebody that can produce a bit of magic and find a pass. My choice is Roberto Firmino at Hoffenheim. 22 years old and scored sixteen goals last season in a good league. Price I reckon £10 mill. Snap him up!

Striker - Roberto wants four strikers which means Kone,Naisy,Probably Traore and one other. Lukaku wont be happening unless its another loan. Remy,Bony have been linked but I cant see either of them. I would go balls out for Ings. 21 International and knows where the net is. Has he the all round game? who knows but worth the gamble.£7-9 mill.

Wide man - we will miss the directness of Gerry this year and although I cant see them selling him id love Townsend at spurs. Play him on the right and let him cut in and fire shots off. Good pace and a real threat off the counter. Id think we might need to sell Peanuts/Duffy to go the extra mile for him. £14 mill.

Frees: Barry - can easily play another two or three seasons. He was never the quickest and was never a box to box midfielder so has plenty left in the tank.

I want names. we can all say we need cover there and there but who would you get with a budget?

Just based on recent rumors and sprinkled with some personal favorites.

LW -- Bruma or Johnson

CAM/CDM -- Firmino/Junior Malanda

ST -- Lukaku/Drmic/Jóhannson/Batshuayi

CB(preferred lefty) -- John Brooks/Kouyate

RM has shown already his proclivity for players he likes and has worked with in the past. Cue Maloney, Cleverley, and Moses. He also knows teams well in Spain, so count on a couple of names from there. We've been tracking some players in Scotland (Gauld, Robertson, ...), so I would guess a couple from there. We know we'll get four players on loan, hopefully with at least one from Barca. Since Roberto will be watching all the matches in Brazil, I'm sure at least one player from a lesser team (Chile or Colombia, maybe) will turn his head there. We can count on at least two players coming through the youth system - Garbutt and Browning, for example. In addition, I would add a couple solid players in the middle of the park. That's 16 possible new players right there. Then we'll be getting Kone, Gibson, and Oviedo back from long-term injury. I expect to see Baines becoming a holding midfielder before too long. All in all, we could have an exciting squad without bankrupting the club.

The other interesting question is who we move out or drop this season. Can Distin manage another full season? What about Pienaar? Is it time to replace Osman? Do we keep faith with Gueye and Duffy?

Edited by Cornish Steve

A sizeable chunk needs to be put aside for the stadium in my opinion.

Hopefully we sign Lukaku permanently but I don't think he'd consider it without Champions League football.

Have I been in a coma? we are getting a stadium? Yes! yes! yes! :jump for joy: yes!