IGNORED

Coleman injury

smulliga

Not sure what all the fuss is about RM and injuries. I have recently been seeing a consultant regularly for some injuries and they can never give me a reliable comeback time as I am a human being bot a robot.

Not sure why Rm should be more qualified than field experts?

Not sure what all the fuss is about RM and injuries. I have recently been seeing a consultant regularly for some injuries and they can never give me a reliable comeback time as I am a human being bot a robot.

Not sure why Rm should be more qualified than field experts?

He is a qualified physio himself remember.

He is but surely no field expert?

If a consultant can't give give a date then a physio has no chance.

My point is that each individual person reacts to the same injury in a different way and at a different rate.

Look at Oviedo for example, came back faster than expected and his fitness level seems excellent already, he's been a breath of fresh air since he's been back and almost scored a screamer against united, should Rm be getting credit for him?

Oviedo probably didn't come back quicker than expected in the end though did he? There was a thought that he was going to make a miraculous recovery but he fell short of that and has only just returned.

I do think that Martinez does try to downplay injuries and is overly positive about them, which I find annoying, but as you say injuries are hard to determine a timeframe of how long they'll be out for. I just add time on to any injury we pick up so I don't lose my mind now :P.

Good point on Oviedo he didn't make the world cup in the end. Probably why he looks more match fit than most returnees!

I think we are all really frustrated due to how much bad luck we seem to be having and the result of this is that we are looking for a reason that may not be there. It may just be simple bad luck.

Martinez may be a qualified physio but I'm pretty sure he didnt sack our medical department when he took over. Martinez (as with any manager) has enough on his plate as it is let alone supposedly analysing every players injuries. He will be getting the info from his medical dept as does every other manager, the only advantage he has, is that he understands what they are saying.