IGNORED

Coleman injury

smulliga

When this first happened it was supposedly a one match absence as a precautionary measure because he had been concussed, now all we know is it's "a soft tissue injury" ( where is the soft tissue on your head ? ) but no update on when he is coming back or if he is even training, the club really are lousy at communicating these things.

That's what annoys me with Martinez , he plays down injuries , jags last year , soft tissue injury to me means a bruise not a six week hamstring , now Coleman with a bang on the noggin causes a hamstring , Barkley pre season WTF

What is worrying is the amount of hamstring injuries we pick up , I often wonder if it's the artificial surface we train on contributing to this or his training regime ,

Edited by Steve blue

Yeah, he was out with concussion then did his hamstring in training, which is a soft tissue injury. Damn.

Not sure why peeps get heated over a soft tissue injury being described as a soft tissue injury.

We do seem to struggle with injuries in recent history but then we do have tend to have small pools of quality in our squads so we notice the impact of injuries more.

That's what annoys me with Martinez , he plays down injuries , jags last year , soft tissue injury to me means a bruise not a six week hamstring , now Coleman with a bang on the noggin causes a hamstring , Barkley pre season WTF

What is worrying is the amount of hamstring injuries we pick up , I often wonder if it's the artificial surface we train on contributing to this or his training regime ,

Said this many a time.

Yeah, he was out with concussion then did his hamstring in training, which is a soft tissue injury. Damn.

Not sure why peeps get heated over a soft tissue injury being described as a soft tissue injury.

Exactly I really don't understand it. Moaning for the sake of moaning.

Sorry , beg to disagree ! A pulled hamstring is a hamstring, an Achilles is an Achilles, a dead leg is a dead leg, soft tissue is bruising.

Beg to differ all you like. Go do a bit of research.

I'll help you....

Soft tissue injury

A Soft tissue injury (STI) is thedamage of muscles, ligaments and tendons throughout the body. Common soft tissue injuries usually occur from a sprain, strain, a one off blow resulting in a contusion or overuse of a particular part of the body.

Maybe you're getting your STI's mixed up?!

Contusion: Another name for a bruise. What is a bruise ? A bruise, or contusion, is caused when blood vessels are damaged or broken as the result of a blow to the skin (be it bumping against something or hitting yourself .

Even so I would rather Berto just come out an say that rather than being left out as a precaution , same as jags last year , I understand he keeps his cards close to his chest but honesty rather than a positive spin on everything is sometimes a better option

O.k. So Roberto is trying to be cute, suddenly a hamstring is no longer called a hamstring (most other clubs continue to call it a hamstring however) it's called a "soft tissue injury" as must be, ligament and tendon damage, add to that sprains and we might as well call all injuries a "soft tissue injury" doesn't sount quite as bad as a torn hamstring does it !

Sorry , beg to disagree ! A pulled hamstring is a hamstring, an Achilles is an Achilles, a dead leg is a dead leg, soft tissue is bruising.

Soft tissue is anything that isn't either hard tissue (bones/teeth) or an organ; so I agree that "soft tissue injury" is a pretty useless catch-all description that's really pretty meaningless; but strictly speaking he's being accurate.

Here's Martinez on injuries recently. He seems specific enough?

"Sylvain needed a bit of a rest. He is fully fit, has trained really well and is ready to fight for a place in the team," Martinez added.

"It's too early to tell whether Coleman and McCarthy can play against Villa. We are going to assess them day by day.

"Kevin has got a typical sprinting injury.

"We expect him to be out for a few weeks as well.

"Kevin does not need surgery, just conservative treatment. We hope to have him fully fit soon."

"Bryan has reacted well to the procedure," he said. "In a couple of days, he will be working towards selection again."

No matter how Newty tries to dress things up, Martinez should be more clear on all aspects of Injurys. He is by far the worst communicator we've had in my life time on Injurys. He talks in riddles.

Just say it as it is. Ie john Stones is looking at a minimum of 3months. Ross Barkley is looking a 4 months. Job done we all move on and we arent all guessing and complaining when he's says they should be back in training.... 3 weeks later they've only just started kicking a ball again, it's as though he's scared to admit players are going to be out for a long time.

Edited by MC11

Who's this MC11? Reminds me of an equally irritating poster...went by the name of MiguelCunto.

No Brett and Bailey...Martinez must give a full diagnosis and exact length of lay off in his post match interview. Like every manager does.

Columbo? Is that you? It's Sherlock.... Over

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/26656-username/&do=findComment&comment=430687

Edited by MC11

Martinez must give a full diagnosis and exact length of lay off in his post match interview.

Why does he have to do this?

Following North American sports would drive you crazy. All you ever get in hockey is "upper body" or "lower body" injury. In the NHL and NFL, they try to hide exactly what the injury is, so that nobody can specifically target it in a game. Some teams even put players on their injury reports to make opposing teams think they might not start the next game.

I'd rather have Roberto stay relatively vague on injuries. That way, even if we may be unsure if we will have Coleman or Ross starting the next match, other teams will prepare for them. Then, maybe we get a mismatch elsewhere on the pitch at the next match.

Edited by JoeQuince

Why does he have to do this?

Following North American sports would drive you crazy. All you ever get in hockey is "upper body" or "lower body" injury. In the NHL and NFL, they try to hide exactly what the injury is, so that nobody can specifically target it in a game. Some teams even put players on their injury reports to make opposing teams think they might not start the next game.

I'd rather have Roberto stay relatively vague on injuries. That way, even if we may be unsure if we will have Coleman or Ross starting the next match, other teams will prepare for them. Then, maybe we get a mismatch elsewhere on the pitch at the next match.

exactly tom brady had a lower body injury every game one season just cause he wanted to keep the other team thinking he might not play. there might be strategy here and that's why RM is coy, also maybe they just don't know. i'd rather have he's out, and then (like with ross now) he'll be in training next week. that's much better than the Kone out 8 months, then another setback, then no he's not fit, then he's still hurting. too much information, if he isn't playing or match fit i could care less of the timetable. just tell me he's out and when he's back.