IGNORED

In's N' Out's

Should this not be in rumourama in the Carsely thread?

Anyway I think we may let Naysmith go aswell but thats about it, if we do let players go Im hoping like hell we replace because our sqaud is too small as it is. I havnt got a clue who would come in to replace them, I'll leave that to Moysey

Im not sure this one was down to moyes, maybe carsley wanted to leave to get first team footy so moyes let him (carsley has treated us great) so moyes wont stop him leaving if he wants to

42245[/snapback]

I wudnt think Cars wud wanna leave tbh. He has got a good a chance as any1 in the mid area (except Mikel). There really is a fight on for places this season which is gr8! We've finally got the right amount of players i believe and we wud b takin 2 steps back if we let any1 go.

So our small sqaud gets smaller..another great move by the board and ginger twat

42226[/snapback]

To be honest foz hes past his best, with him gone we have more money to spend on wages so I dont see it as a bad move TBH. If we sign this buckley up the size of the squad hasnt change, we've also brought a few more youngsters few so hopefully there are a few more faces around to pick from.

I think a few more loan signings are on the cards so keep the faith Foz, keep smiling mate :D

weve gotta pretty strong midfield now and bearing in mind his age i think carsley would be a benchwarmer.

youve got osman, vdm, cahill, arteta, davies, kilbane, neville. not a bad choice. i dont really see carsley getting much action with that lot around.

Stoke City chairman Peter Coates has revealed that manager Tony Pulis made the decision to end the club's interest in Everton midfielder Lee Carsley.

The Championship outfit were interested in the former Republic of Ireland international, 32, but dropped their pursuit of the ex-Blackburn man when he demanded a three-year contract and a five-figure weekly wage.

But Coates says he was prepared to splash out for Carsley, telling the Stoke Sentinel: "'I never stopped Tony from making that deal.

''Tony changed his mind overnight and said he didn't think it was right for us.

''He liked the player, but didn't feel comfortable because of his age, injury record and the money he was asking.

''It is Tony deciding if a player will improve us and if the deal is good value. And that's exactly as it should be.''

Think Dunc had spoke to a friend or someone connected to the club, that's how it all came about.

Not sure our squad really is too small TBH, especially compared to recent years. Maybe lacking quality in defence (only got 4 decent players-Hibbert, Joey, Valente & Lescott...i hope ) but that's it.

I reckon we'll make a move for a right back as;

1) We haven't much cover there in case Hibbert is injured/suspnded

2) If he's out, that means Joey probably covers (unless he goes for Neville) and that means we bring in one of the oldies at centre back-and that scares the sh1t out of me!

3) Hibbert is out!

Think Dunc had spoke to a friend or someone connected to the club, that's how it all came about.

Not sure our squad really is too small TBH, especially compared to recent years. Maybe lacking quality in defence (only got 4 decent players-Hibbert, Joey, Valente & Lescott...i hope ) but that's it.

I reckon we'll make a move for a right back as;

1) We haven't much cover there in case Hibbert is injured/suspnded

2) If he's out, that means Joey probably covers (unless he goes for Neville) and that means we bring in one of the oldies at centre back-and that scares the sh1t out of me!

3) Hibbert is out!

43401[/snapback]

Joey wont cover Neville will cover leaving yobo and lescott in centre

Lmao Craccer are you serious about pistone?

43520[/snapback]

Lets face it, these people play football - they dont save people from fires or save lives in a hospital or even fight for their country - all they do is play football, and if they can't swap a left sided role for a right sided one are they any use to start with?.

I suppose in my own addled way I am trying to say, a player should be able to move within at least a one position change of his normal place, stands to reason.

Medication time. :rolleyes:

ATB

Mac

You're right Mac. I mean if Phil Neville can do it, and he isn't the most talented footballer in the world, then most players should be able to. They are paid to play for the club so they should be willing to change positions.

43527[/snapback]

we need a certain amount of flexibility at the back as defence, (now weve gotta couple of good strikers), looks to be our weakest area.

its a pity sol campbell is asking for silly wages, he's free and still good enough for england. he'd be a real asset in defence as long as he's not gone completely crazy that is!

Guest blueboy122

well am goin to go bck to the carsley thing lol.erm if we gt rid of cars on a free then i wud love to see some1 lik danny murphy take his place for 2 million hes a quality player o ye is he red or blue i meen murphy

duno but Carsley aint gona go i dnt think the transfer seems to of gone dead from wat ive seen, i want him to stay

43604[/snapback]

it looks like carsley turned down the wages at wolves. its a pity because he has reached a point in his carreer were he isnt going to get a lot of first team games. of course that is if vdm can stay sober long enough to actually kick a ball.

• 2 weeks later...

it looks like carsley turned down the wages at wolves. its a pity because he has reached a point in his carreer were he isnt going to get a lot of first team games. of course that is if vdm can stay sober long enough to actually kick a ball.

44202[/snapback]

:o wolves concide defeat in signing carsley today B)