IGNORED

Claudio Beauvue

I quite like the look of this guy. Quick, has a timmyesque leap, has good attitude (listens to the manager, is eager to learn) and can play across the front three. Quite small and weak tho, and of course Ligue 1 is less physical and less intensive than PL.

• 2 months later...

On the other hand he only scored five times in 12/13 and ten times in 11/12 in Ligue 2. And he's 27, so the question is did he take a massive leap in ability or did he just have a season where everything went his way?

I feel like it isn't too major of a risk for the £4-5m quoted.

Funny how 4 or 5 years ago, that much money would've seemed a bit of a gamble to me!

• 3 weeks later...

Same as every year for every club. If we signed everyone the press linked us to we'd have a first team squad of seventy players.

Lol. We had a list of 3-4 needs and we've gotten 2 of them. At this point in the window I'm happy with that. the backup centre back I'm not too worried about because there is a plethora and we can get them anytime. The creative player I have a feeling will be the big signing so it's going to take a while of cat and mouse.

Overall I'm very happy so far, this is gonna be a great campaign.