Beattie To Newcastle

Wheres your number 2?

43163[/snapback]

he flushed it down the toilet

43170[/snapback]

:lol::lol:

It was ment to be like this

yea agree bluenose but i wouldnt let him go for any less than that:

1) He and AJ will be a great partenship and are starting to get used to each other, 2)AJ prefers playing with a partner upfront

:P:P:P

aye, between December and March he Could do no wrong and then he disappeared after that!

43212[/snapback]

yeh, i get the impression that sometimes he really can't be bothered, and he's just lazy, but then other times he tries really hard, i doubth is committment.

as you said he was great for a while, he just didn't seem to try after that, and pre season he looks sluggish and overweight (again).

im not a big fan, but i'm glad we have a few players breakign through to push him hopefully, because i think he needs to do A LOT mroe to justify what we paid, i've been very disappointed so far, i'm hoping having a partner and competition that will be what he needs .... but i would be fairly pleased if we got what we paid for him or more

I think he did ok last season and realistically 10 goals isnt a bad return considering how poor we were as a team last season.

This year is make or break for Mr Beattie especially with 4 strikers & one possibility all fighting for 4 positions. I'v been disapointed in his performances since he came but i just keep picturing those goals for southampton and thinking he's got it (somewhere)!

I'd proberbly bite their hands off for 14mil tho as long as all the money was given for team building.

Edited by GoldfishMemory

bt has shown flashes of quality, but thats not enough, youve gotta get the goals as well.

10 in a season isnt good enough for a teams top striker he should be on at least 14 or 15.

our negative goal difference is the one statistic i would really like to get rid of.

partnered with aj i think we should see a much improved and more prolific attack in the coming season.

especially if the midfielders like cahill, osman and arteta score a few as well.

Anyway personally I dont want Beattie to go, he has shown that he can score goals. if we let him go we havnt got a proper goalscorer to replace him in the team. Anichebe has not proven he can score consistently in the Prem for us yet (I know he hasnt had a chance), McFadden scores in dribs and drabs but still hasnt got into double figures, Vaughan has been injured for a while so it would be too much to expect him to come into the team and bang the goals in.

Anyway personally I dont want Beattie to go, he has shown that he can score goals. if we let him go we havnt got a proper goalscorer to replace him in the team. Anichebe has not proven he can score consistently in the Prem for us yet (I know he hasnt had a chance), McFadden scores in dribs and drabs but still hasnt got into double figures, Vaughan has been injured for a while so it would be too much to expect him to come into the team and bang the goals in.

43459[/snapback]

i think bt needs a good season. he's shown occassional flashes of class, but they have been far too occassional.

i think he could be replaced by anichebe if the early promise he's shown turns out to be the real thing.

i saw him on tv in the celtic game and thought he was really impressive. a strong, fearless, traditional english style forward.

we could have a real quality striker there.