IGNORED

Beckham Dropped

Here is McLarens first squad......

Robinson (Tottenham), Kirkland (Liverpool), Foster (Man Utd); Bridge (Chelsea), Brown (Man Utd), Carragher (Liverpool), A Cole (Arsenal), Dawson (Tottenham), Ferdinand (Man Utd), G Neville (Man Utd), P Neville (Everton), Terry (capt, Chelsea), Young (Charlton); Downing (Middlesbrough), Gerrard (Liverpool), Hargreaves (Bayern Munich), Jenas (Tottenham), Lampard (Chelsea), Lennon (Tottenham), Richardson (Man Utd), Wright-Phillips (Chelsea); Ashton (West Ham), Bent (Charlton), Crouch (Liverpool), Defoe (Tottenham).

Merged the topics as had one saying Beckham dropped and one saying Neville in.

Glad that he is back in the squad

44691[/snapback]

:lol: times up for beckham with england me thinks, also real madrid have stalled on becks new contract as well :huh:

McLaren quote from his press conference taken from SSN

Steve McClaren claims the England door is not closed to David Beckham, but hinted the former captain will struggle to reach the 100-cap mark.

Beckham relinquished his role as captain of England after the World Cup finals and McClaren opted to make a clean break by omitting him from his first squad for next week's friendly with Greece.

McClaren claims Beckham took the decision well and vowed to fight on, but hinted he may find it hard to regain his place in the fold.

"I spoke with David last Monday and notified him of my decision and told him I was planning for the future, looking to change things and looking to go in a different direction and David wasn't included within that," McClaren told Sky Sports News.

"David, I have great respect for him. He was a fantastic captain for England, a great player and still is a great player and he took the news very well even though he was disappointed.

"I got the reaction which I wanted, which was he will continue to fight for his place.

"I will never close the door, it will never be closed and that was the end of the conversation."

Beckham has 94 caps to his name and when asked whether the Real Madrid man would get the chance to add to his tally, McClaren added: "At the present moment I am looking to take this team in a different direction.

"It is a new beginning, a clean sheet of paper and is why I decided not to pick David Beckham."

I think its the best way to go, hes got to try and get a young team together that will be good enough in the qualifiers but with a view to the tournement in 2 years, when, if beckham is past his peak now, he certainly will be in two year. It may just be a kick up the arse that he needs if hes got any desire left to say "I'll show him"

Neville will be an excellent squad member and mclaren knows that, having worked with him extensively at manure. Versitile cover

This is just an interim team, a chance for the new management to stamp their authority on the national side.

Once the season gets rolling and we can see who the in-form strikers are, I feel the whole feel of the side will change. I don't rate Ashton at all and think he will fade from contention once the likes of Defoe, AJ and Anichebe start to do the business. Vic does qualify for England doesn't he?.

ATB

Mac

This is just an interim team, a chance for the new management to stamp their authority on the national side.

Once the season gets rolling and we can see who the in-form strikers are, I feel the whole feel of the side will change. I don't rate Ashton at all and think he will fade from contention once the likes of Defoe, AJ and Anichebe start to do the business. Vic does qualify for England doesn't he?.

ATB

Mac

44768[/snapback]

Jesus, your being a bit optimisic about anichebe arnt yer

I think Victors nigerian though :mellow:

I dont think defoe is international class either

Your right though, there are a few players out, including rooney

Good to see james as been fooked off completely as well

Zed, for optimist - replace with Evertonian.............it's in my nature ;)

I know his background, but I would love to see him as the new golden boy of English football. If he has not played for Nigeria at any level, I think he is called naturalised, and that allows him to play for us. (I think)

ATB

Mac

Zed, for optimist - replace with Evertonian.............it's in my nature  ;)

I know his background, but I would love to see him as the new golden boy of English football. If he has not played for Nigeria at any level, I think he is called naturalised, and that allows him to play for us. (I think)

ATB

Mac

44778[/snapback]

CORRECTAMUNDO

ATB

Mac

44768[/snapback]

ashtons goal ratio is actually good yano, i rate him, i think hes better than defoe

Glad Nevilles in the england squad, and im kinda glad Beckhams been droped; wen seven was maager Becks WALKED into the England team cause he was captain and Sven Bummed him, now Beckham noes he cnt walk into the team and hopefully this will make him more hungry to get his place back and play better