IGNORED

Another damn Yankee :)

Ghoat

I did about ten hours once (Devon to Fort William in Scotland) and I loved it. Intention is to drive to our usual holiday destination, Greece, one day. It's around 2,200 miles all in if you go overland all the way (via France, Belgium, Austria, Hungary, Serbia & Macedonia) or less if you just go down through France, possibly Switzerland and Italy and get the ferry across from Bari or Brindisi.

I prefer the first option, wife favours the latter....cue obvious reply :lol:.

that would be a fun trip, staying in hotels along the way and seeing some sights.

Howard has 32 saves and 4 clean sheets in 9 games, 11 goals given up, 5 were in one game, 2-5-2 in that stretch. They are in 3rd, 5 points off with 2 games in hand.

I keep up with the standings, but for the life of me, I just can't get into MLS. Love the US National Team and may pause and watch some of a game if it has a prominent national player, or one of the rising new boys...but I just can't get into our domestic league, even tho it's much improved. The closest team to me is Orlando,750km next is Houston Dynamo 1000km away. Yes, I know Liverpool is almost 7000km away, don't let logic get in the way, I'm making a point. Or something.

Unrelated, the owner of the Atlanta Falcons and Home Depot is the owner of the new expansion team, Atlanta United FC (WTF?) that will begin play next year, and are finishing a new stadium built for both football and "soccer" that is going to be nice. Supposed to be like 71,000 for the Falcons, and have configure to 30,000 for MLS, with a retractable roof and retractable seats to allow for a larger pitch, better lines of sight etc... Atlanta is only about 250km, and an easy 2.5 hour drive, so I'm sure I will make some games next year and maybe adopt a MLS team finally!

The new Falcons stadium looks unreal

Edited by Matt

If you're doing the miles/km conversions for our benefit there's no need, we still use miles in the mother country; never integrated with the metric system in that regard :).

No, like most Alabama rednecks, I always use metrics. Grammeters and such....lol you got me, I had forgot that...I guess in part part because every time they show the distance a player has covered it's in km, and unless it's EXACTLY 5k, we usually don't have a reference without some math haha

Correct, I'm 44 years late showing up, something got hung up in the Atlantic I'm sure.

If you understand anything about American college football, Auburn University specifically.....you know I get it. Auburn has a rich history (but not elite). It's not flashy, ritzy or upper crust, it more down to earth, rural-ish. The years we are predicted to go 13-1 and challenge for the national championship we shit the bed and go 8-5. We may be 12-2 one year and crash to 3-9 the next. You hate that love you Auburn, but when they suck, you proudly wear your gear while silently cursing your love. I have sworn them off so many times, but every time they play at home I drive there - planned my wedding around their schedule. Once it "gets you" it's done. I never had a choice, all of my father's family that went to college went there, or one of the branches, as did I. It's part of your DNA (which sucks a lot sometimes!).

And honestly, that's what attracted me to Everton originally - "The Peoples Club". I loved the game, I just didn't have a "home". The more I learned about the way the Club saw itself and supporters, and the more I learned the way the supporters saw themselves and the Club....it was very familiar, I knew I had found my club, for better or worse. And as a bonus, Auburn's primary color is blue, and our arch rival within the state is University of Alabama (with a richer history) - with red/crimison their primary color. Makes it extra easy to hate Liverpool, it's that fucking color.....

If you ever need an American College football team to cheer for, I know one that Evertonians would love - aside from them inexplicably crushing your soul every few years. Regardless, Everton is stuck with me.

You'll do. Welcome in again.