IGNORED

Marketing rights, matchday advertising and Finch Farm naming rights sold

Louis

I believe this is great news for Everton. Usmanov was battling with Kroenke for major shares of Arsenal and Kroenke won, most fans at arsenal aren't happy about that as Kroenke is a bad owner, here in American he owns far more teams than just the Rams, teams in the NBA, NHL, and MLS and they've never done anything, he's a terrible owner and he's terrible for Arsenal.

Usmanov seemed like he wanted to be the next Abromovich and really throw his money around. Kroenke is just happy with the team as an investment.

Cautiously optimistic about this. The future is looking very bright for Everton I think.

I don't read too much into it.

For me, it's simple at the moment - it's just a nifty, and easy, way of injecting more commercial income into the club that is allowed to be used on player purchases and grow the club. It's not mega £££ amounts, but to go straight in with a mega £££ amount would be all to obvious...but I bet the amounts £££ grow as the years go by!!!

Kenwright wants to be remembered as the chairman that brought Everton a new stadium. As soon as that happens he will sell up.

If Usmanov does decide to jump ship there is a trigger point where he can do a hostile take over. That means at a certain percentage, I don't know exactly, but it's pretty much like a compulsory purchase order. If you own enough shares you can force the other parties out.

Yeah. It all gets a bit confusing but I think it's different for private companies and listed companies. Also, I'm sure there is a reason that Moshiri snapped up 49.9%...I'm sure something happens (!!!) When you reach 50%...can't remember...haven't watched Dragons Den for a while!!!

Found this, doesn't really explain too much...http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/moshiri-stop-just-short-majority-11380425

Edited by Newty82

Conflicted.

Kroenke HAS to offer a specific sum above market rate if he buys something like 0.8% more of the Arsenal shares, things got frought between majority and next majority shareholder when a chunk of shares were made available about two years ago. BECAUSE if Usmanov bought up the remainder of shares he would have had Kroenke over a barrel, although not in full control of the club CERTAIN financial decisions would have required Usmanov's approval, so the story goes SOMEONE talked a significant Arsenal shareholder into cashing in to see if Kroenke would protect his decision but not exceed his legal position of requirement. Moshiri wasn't the seller, but might have been the talker...

So, now for the conflict I give a toss about.

Useful financial arrangements appear to have been made between a set of businessmen that are already acquainted through another premier league club (let alone multi million dollar per capita investment fund conglomerate) let's say Jagielka was 25 years old a year into his contract with us from sheffield united, and Arsenal were after a strong English centre back that had proved himself, when Moyes was here he denied all contact and shot down all pre offer offers, with such a strong link between clubs at ownership level today, would any manager have enough say to prevent ownership deals becoming actual deals. (Think Simonsen agent johnson to agent johnson & ferguson to newcastle via agent johnson) - Lets say Lukaku or Barkley get into aworld class groove fromnow till season end, might the lure of an easy deal for a great player at a value fee be on the table over champagne and lobster between these people.

Conversely, maybe the Arsenal board have resisted branding their club with a secondary shareholders company brand, perhaps a significant tax deductable and raise in international profile (what can compete with the Liverpool waterfront in terms of historical placement and cultural significance) so an underdeveloped club with world heritage ambitions being sold for value (by comparrison) with a history second to none in a league seeing exponential amounts of money generated suddenly looks a better risk than most other mainstays of the league that have already been bought.....which are........

Its took being bought last to learn the lessons from the mistakes of historic clubs such as Coventry, Forrest, Villa, Leeds, Newcastle, Sunderland, and a host of tricksters that have dallied in Scotland to see that not every Dominic Chappel offering cash dollars money is a genuine financial force.

So far so good, so long as Everton FC will and continue to own any new stadium home then I'll be happy at the first hurdle.

[That the new ownership and the associated recent deals appear to show the ground move as number one priority is about all that can be expected, so far.}